• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Guild Expeditions - New Rewards, Balancing Changes and 4th Difficulty

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The update is live on servers but stats are still missing (rewards are updated but I can't see the percent column)
We update the Wiki with all information we have, such as the possible new prizes. Whenever possible new info will be updated there.

The Relics themselves have always been meant as a mysterious prize, a surprise till you collect the Relic itself.

RedRed

Viceroy
Thanks, hope it will happen soon.

To be honest, the known drop rates was one of the best thing of the ToR, since if you trust enough the randomness generation you can choose if and how much may worth the effort to invest in this GB. The lack of these information it is perceived as a way to secretly nerf the drop rates of good things (like it already happens for aid's blueprints or the wishing wells, in forums and game chat you can see at almost every update complaints about perceived nerfing of drop rates, and since the drop rates aren't available this it is fertile ground for speculations)

Last edited:
Looks like the last few fights got changed again this week, to make them harder

they put in more battle fortresses and more plasma artillery, making it virtually impossible to fight through it

DeletedUser7262

they put in more battle fortresses and more plasma artillery, making it virtually impossible to fight through it

i am sorry to say i have notice every week the troops you are going against are different i have even had different troops for the same fight on different worlds

DeletedUser7239

If they did not, how would they get those €€€ from diamonds?
Like i said earlier to someone here, just 4 plasmas would fxx the hoover tank.
They took a week to "fix" that, and still no answer to AF guild goods, now with OF guild goods, that must be sea food for us to eat :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I did try once level 4 then i confirmed their greed to make players spend diamonds..not with me :)
I do not even bother to unlock level4.

DeletedUser7779

I might be the only one, but I don't think they changed the difficulty at least on live servers (US). Can't speak about beta as I'm not in AF there yet.
Tbh, I found second week on live easier as I already knew what troops to use. Yes, they changed the defense slightly but not drastically.
What bothers me is the poor rewards given on lvl 4. In all my worlds except for my main we decided to not unlock lvl 4 anymore unless we're really falling behind in Guild Championship. And even in my main world (where unlock cost is not an issue), second week we had poorer performance than the first. And I bet % will decrease over time. Unless Inno changes the rewards on lvl 4, i'd say it was a good idea but performance was mega fail.
Once again Inno, we don't need ToR prints, Victory towers and happy buildings on lvl 4....that's really demotivating ..

I might be the only one, but I don't think they changed the difficulty at least on live servers (US). Can't speak about beta as I'm not in AF there yet.
Tbh, I found second week on live easier as I already knew what troops to use. Yes, they changed the defense slightly but not drastically.
What bothers me is the poor rewards given on lvl 4. In all my worlds except for my main we decided to not unlock lvl 4 anymore unless we're really falling behind in Guild Championship. And even in my main world (where unlock cost is not an issue), second week we had poorer performance than the first. And I bet % will decrease over time. Unless Inno changes the rewards on lvl 4, i'd say it was a good idea but performance was mega fail.
Once again Inno, we don't need ToR prints, Victory towers and happy buildings on lvl 4....that's really demotivating ..

definitely changed, where they used to have behemoths they put in fortresses

with a high boost, fortresses in large numbers are only beatable with hover tanks, problem is they also put in 2-4 plasmas in, and that makes it impossible

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Units in encounters change every week. They're not set to hold specific units, only the enemy's % is set.

DeletedUser7779

with a high boost, fortresses in large numbers are only beatable with hover tanks, problem is they also put in 2-4 plasmas in, and that makes it impossible

Which battle are you referring to? I'm currently at #62 on the US server. I believe #59 was 8 surrogates in first wave, 2 plasmas 6 BFs in second. Beatable with 2 hovers 6 rogues. That's pretty much the only significant difference I noticed so far, unless it's different on each server of course.

podkap1970

Emperor
my last chest of 4th difficulty in this weeks GE:
Screenshot_11.jpg

not bad
even after many GE weeks i dont have room for more TF's :)

DeletedUser7779

Ok, i see what you mean. #63 is definitely harder. Last week it had 5 or maybe even 4 BFs on second wave and now it has 6. I'm still stuck on it. The closest i got was with 2 plasmas, 1 hover tank, 5 rogues but the AI ambushed me in the corner lol.

DeletedUser7084

Can you please take Face of the Ancients and Gate of the Sun God out of the Relic drops, that is all i get just lately.
Just deleted 12 FoA's and 9 GoSG's. The drop rate for these are way too high.

podkap1970

Emperor
... The GE in OF is much harder than AF... Have fun to play R49-64 but not with me ;)
i have expected it, and i got already enough after 16 fights, not that i can't beat it, just too much trouble and time consuming
i think last week was the last time i did see last chest 4th round

piohh

Baronet
i have expected it, and i got already enough after 16 fights, not that i can't beat it, just too much trouble and time consuming
i think last week was the last time i did see last chest 4th round

The Problems are the Buffs and Related DMG.
  • Heavy Units of OF got a Buff against Fast and Range, Heavy Units of AF got a Buff against Light and Range...
  • Fast Units of OF got a Buff against Artillery and Range... Fast Units of AF agianst Heavy and Range...
and so on...

I don't know if any Dev of InnoGames play this Game real... but I think = No.

Edit:
I need to say Bad work with OF GE. Im in fight 41 and I lose much more Units (>50) as before in AF with 141/101 Bonus. Overwork it or you take again FUN out of this Game. What is the opinion of INNO. Make a Game for fun or for punish all players?

Last edited:

DeletedUser5097

The Problems are the Buffs and Related DMG.
  • Heavy Units of OF got a Buff against Fast and Range, Heavy Units of AF got a Buff against Light and Range...
  • Fast Units of OF got a Buff against Artillery and Range... Fast Units of AF agianst Heavy and Range...
and so on...

I don't know if any Dev of InnoGames play this Game real... but I think = No.

Edit:
I need to say Bad work with OF GE. Im in fight 41 and I lose much more Units (>50) as before in AF with 141/101 Bonus. Overwork it or you take again FUN out of this Game. What is the opinion of INNO. Make a Game for fun or for punish all players?
I'm afread that I have to said that AF isn't a good age
to look. In AF are much mistakes made and reballance
after reballance results in a unique situation.
For a better look we can look to the FE, we does have
in OF at the moment 3 types: heavy, fast, ranged an
a bonus champion:

Heavy
FE (hovertank)
Bonusses against: Ranged & Fast
OF (crap or crab, when it's range is raised)

Fast
FE (drone swarm)
Bonusses against: Artillery & Ranged
OF (Eel)
Bonusses against: Artilllery & Ranged

Ranged
FE (Satalite)
Bonusses against: Artillery & Light
OF (Cruiser, I like to said shark instead)
Bonusses against: Artillery & Light

Champion
FE
OF

Expactation of the upcoming OF units:

Light
FE
Bonusses against: Heavy & Fast
OF
Expacted;
Bonusses against: Heavy & Fast

Artillery
FE
Bonusses against: Heavy & Light
OF
Expacted;
Bonusses against: Heavy & Light

=======

Conclussion: they looked to the FE units and based the bonusses on that. So the
ballance would not become a mass (on paper). The main problem in this is that
the OF is in parts and the dev. did make a mistake of the concept paper, rock and
scissor.
The problemes of the AF still hit the game. As you pointed out very well. However
a simelar situation was made when you left the industrial age to the progressive
age. The light units up to industrial age hunts fast and are been hut by heavy.
In progressive light units of progressive age hunts heavy. So yeah a switch of
bonusses where made back in the days. This was back in the days not a huge
problem, so I think it might be not a problem for now as well.:) I fear that if a
lot of changes will been made that the same shame and mistakes will been made
as in AF.
So basicly it is indeed sad that the concept of paper, rock and scissor wasn't
working in OF part 1. If in OF part 1 the light unit was introduced with the
fast and the heavy unit and later the another units the paper, rock and
scissor concept would working. Now it's simple too late, but I think that the
best sollution for now is that they will let it be. Since they looked to the FE
bonusses and that ballances worked and noboddy want the same mass
as in AF and badly ballanced battle system in the begin again... it would be better
to let it be as now. Than introducing in the next part the light unit or artillery
and the ballance will come to this age.:) At the end the problem with the AF
ballance is just for now untill the next part.

==============

For the GE, indeed it isn't fun. I stopped playing GE thanks to that, but the biggest problem of the craps
are the poor range. This is just a strange thing that have to been changed. The bonusses are now maybe
not perfect in ballance, but as I pointed out above, this will come later anyways. Massing up with the
bonusses now will bring us the same sad situation as in AF.
Back to the GE problem. Also a problem is that we doesn't have the full types of units of OF. Also the fly
skill on the cruiser isn't added yet, but it is a flying unit. If the problem is that the cruiser is a ranged unit,
than what ever, the dragon is also a light unit and fly too. Also the light units where never slow and if fly
makes the cruiser too fast, it's possible to reduce the movement.

bilboman

Merchant
I find that most of the rewards from Guild Expeditions (other than FPs and battle units) are not very useful in general and you wind up accumulating multiple copies of useless buildings. There should be some way of either passing unwanted rewards on to someone else (if anyone wants them!) or trading a bunch of them in for something that might possibly be remotely useful. I don't find "Attempts" to be a useful reward from Guild Expeditions.

I think that Inno programmers may be challenged in terms of how to program for random rewards (in general) because there seems to be a strong tendency to deliver duplicates - maybe bad random seed usage; this goes for more than Guild Expeditions.

I find that most of the rewards from Guild Expeditions (other than FPs and battle units) are not very useful in general and you wind up accumulating multiple copies of useless buildings. There should be some way of either passing unwanted rewards on to someone else (if anyone wants them!) or trading a bunch of them in for something that might possibly be remotely useful. I don't find "Attempts" to be a useful reward from Guild Expeditions.

I think that Inno programmers may be challenged in terms of how to program for random rewards (in general) because there seems to be a strong tendency to deliver duplicates - maybe bad random seed usage; this goes for more than Guild Expeditions.
I used to dread attempts, but now all I want are attempts. Gold/supply are worthless to me, but the attempts help me clear level 1 faster (guild requirement).

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@Whiskey-s The percentage of any GB ability does not necessarily increase with each level, or doesn't increase in the same manner all the time.

As for the number of relics you've won, the only thing that can be done there is for a developer to check that the ability and percentages are working fine at high levels as well. It should be noted though that an average from a percentage is very easy to 'track' on your own because it needs a huge pool of numbers, and it not matching doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong there. I may have a 50% to get tails when tossing a coin, it doesn't mean I *must* get tails in 2 tosses for that % to be working fine.