• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Guild Expeditions - New Rewards, Balancing Changes and 4th Difficulty

DeletedUser7262

Really? What deco, which Era?[/QUOTE]

he/she is referring to the face of the ancient and the gate of the sun god (the 2 you get in GE)

DeletedUser7779

I had to try that one a gazillion times before I finally beat it with 2 hover tanks w/ 6 rogues.

Hell yeah, that worked awesome !! Real fun, i loved it how the enemy troops were chasing my hovers all over the map :p
Thanks again Midas! :):):) i owe you some fps ;)

DeletedUser4446

Yeah that's it. You definitely need them for wave 2. Just hope that you can get through wave 1 with 6 units or so, and you're good.

DeletedUser7239

We all know that level 4 is hard, but keeping the fuxxxx TOR plants again, when was asked to remove it, means that no more level 4 for me, but i did test it.

Hell yeah, that worked awesome !! Real fun, i loved it how the enemy troops were chasing my hovers all over the map :p
Thanks again Midas! :):):) i owe you some fps ;)

That only work until their thick heads figure out a way to stop it(and it is not hard), since the goal is to spend diamonds.
Just 4 plasmas and there goes your strategy away.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7262

can someone help me with the following fight
my attack is 160%/90% with tavern boost
GE 170%/170%
GE army 1st wave 4 surrgane soldier, 3 battle fortess, 1 behemoth 2nd wave 8 plasemas

DeletedUser7779

That only work until their thick heads figure out a way to stop it(and it is not hard), since the goal is to spend diamonds.
Just 4 plasmas and there goes your strategy away.

Sadly, yes. Then again, if they make it harder than that i guess no one will do lvl 4 anymore, or people will simply negotiate. Negotiation vs Fighting is way unbalanced imo...Fighting requires skills and gets harder with each encounter. While negotiation is pure luck and it's not harder on lvl 4, just more expensive. With extra turn from tavern, it's almost always doable in 4 turns.

can someone help me with the following fight
my attack is 160%/90% with tavern boost
GE 170%/170%
GE army 1st wave 4 surrgane soldier, 3 battle fortess, 1 behemoth 2nd wave 8 plasemas

I believe I used 1 BF 1 dragon drone 6 rogues on that one. Idea is to keep the drone alive till second wave because it's immune to plasmas. I moved the drone to top corner and let it stay there...moved all other troops to bottom of the map and attacked with them

DeletedUser7262

Sadly, yes. Then again, if they make it harder than that i guess no one will do lvl 4 anymore, or people will simply negotiate. Negotiation vs Fighting is way unbalanced imo...Fighting requires skills and gets harder with each encounter. While negotiation is pure luck and it's not harder on lvl 4, just more expensive. With extra turn from tavern, it's almost always doable in 4 turns.

I believe I used 1 BF 1 dragon drone 6 rogues on that one. Idea is to keep the drone alive till second wave because it's immune to plasmas. I moved the drone to top corner and let it stay there...moved all other troops to bottom of the map and attacked with them

ya i was trying to get 1 flyer to that round

DeletedUser7503

I can't find a clear cut answer as to whether level 4 counts toward the weekly guild competition or not? Its causing a lot of confusion on several worlds i play in on the live servers. I keep telling them that we were told in beta that level 4 doesn't count toward the guild competition but can not find a quoteable statement from inno. plz provide the answer to clear the confusion

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I can't find a clear cut answer as to whether level 4 counts toward the weekly guild competition or not? Its causing a lot of confusion on several worlds i play in on the live servers. I keep telling them that we were told in beta that level 4 doesn't count toward the guild competition but can not find a quoteable statement from inno. plz provide the answer to clear the confusion
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expeditions-changes-continuation.6966/
An entire guild finishing the normal expedition will still result in 100%, and on the guild member progress overview you'll also see 48/48 encounters. The part that was unclear was that if the guild makes the choice to go for the bonus round of making progress in the very challenging 4th difficulty, this will also be reflected in their championship progress. A theoretical new maximum score is 133%, if an entire guild manages to finish the entire 4th difficulty.

DeletedUser7503

OK so the 4th level counts toward the guild championship which is kind of messed up and unfair to guilds that don't have a lot of advanced players(advanced being defined as hard core real money spenders). The 4th level has also gone from an "optional" level for those wishing a greater challenge to now a REQUIREMENT if you guild is serious about completing in the guild competition each week.

I do suggest inno spends some more time and rethinks level 4 and how it fits into the game. OPTIONAL for personal gain and adding additional power points to the guild is good enough.

DeletedUser

yeah its unfair

those guild don't get the 25% from the championship

but why do you complain about 25% when you didn't get more 100% for level 4?
because level 4 gives more points than the first 3 level together

so why do people complain about 25% when they miss more than 100% when not doing level 4 :eek:

so people stop crying about the championship:
is like crying about not getting 25 $ more payment because the "worker of the week" award goes to somebody else
but ignoring the 100$ you didn't get because you worked less than the other

mimimi we can't finish it but we want to be the Champion
please start thinking: Champions can finish it
and if your guild can't do it they don't deserve to be Champion

piohh

Baronet
Have nothing to do with CRYING.

All the time I read "Guild" the part of a guild is to build a friendship group of player who help each others from bronce age up.

If you like to fight a challenge make a solo challenge and don't force small ppl. to fight or leave the guild. The focus for this players is not only "fight, fight and? Yeh fight"

Someone say... this GE4 is about boring gamers they rush each area and say all the time... it's so boring... yes but for this players is all boring after two weeks in each game. Its the own fail if you rush all the time and dont't take time to have more fun without that.

Try to make not this as GE change it to EE = Ego Expedition.

Is this "Forge of GvG" or "Forge of Empire?"

Last edited:

DeletedUser7503

not crying just point out the obvious. level 4 was/is designed for the advance hardcore player and to include it into the guild championships tilts that competition in the favor of well established fully manned guilds. it will take the fun out of it for a lot of casual players.

qaccy

Emperor
not crying just point out the obvious. level 4 was/is designed for the advance hardcore player and to include it into the guild championships tilts that competition in the favor of well established fully manned guilds. it will take the fun out of it for a lot of casual players.

At its core, GE is still meant to be a guild feature. It makes sense that, even though it's difficult and costly, level 4 continues to provide guild benefits to that end.

DeletedUser7454

This is the opinion, experience of 10 players from my life server guild. Only 1 of them is somehow positive. I really think this level is not realistic how is ste up at the moment:

"1. -- And I got 2 Tor BP from the 1st temple and a AF cultural from the 3rd temple --- really, that what they think we should get for all this effort?

2. I very much agree. That first big encounter cost 5 goods of each to negotiate through (and four rounds of negotiating thanks to tavern silver) and all I got was 2 TOR prints. The cost to reward ratio is pretty out of whack.

3. Rubbish

4. On 2 of the servers I played I did awesome but both I intentionally stayed in LMA so goods were no issue and payout excellent. Here I used up 2 weeks of PME goods I was holding for GE in just level 4 but got 137 in FP, 50 diamonds, over 8k medals and a few buildings including a sacred watch sky. Overall a success if I could easily get PME goods which I can't. (note he got a 100 FP relic hence the 137 FPs)

5. Sound like perhaps INNO will get the message when nobody bothers with Level 4 next week....

6. plz dont open level 4 , for me thanks

7.IMO it's not worth it, it drains too many resources and troops for not very good rewards.

8. After playing it more, I agree. Not worth the troops or rewards.

9. Its a CRAP level. AND what i see is the reurn is useless. No one that is sane will play this level. However, i'm sure inno will find a way to dissincent us for not playing that level. I find them to be OGEROUS. I'm just about fed up with the whole ball of wax. Apparently they wish rich children to play this game as yhrtr's no room for anyone with a life.

10. I think lvl 4 is useless. my guys pretty much demanded we don't open it again regularly. that's the troops not the leaders (this person has a guild on another world)"

managed to finish everything, except for fights 62 and 64, which I negotiated

any tips for fighting those, they are both the same

(4 artillery, 4 heavy in both waves)

DeletedUser5160

Surprised this chat isn't closed. It's still obvious that any feedback about GE4 is no longer considered once it has hit live.

RedRed

Viceroy
As pointed out earlier in the thread, stats will be provided once the numbers are confirmed. All of them are still subject to rebalancing at this time.
The update is live on servers but stats are still missing (rewards are updated but I can't see the percent column)