• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I finished 1st in my bronze league with 1728 victory points, and due to inactivity, no rewards were given. For my level I have done a hard job, but in the end it was an absolute waste of time and resources. Thanks Inno for encouraging beginners to play the battleground ☹
could you please reload the game and check if it still shows that you did not get a reward?

There was a bug in the beginning that it did not show properly. Maybe it reoccured... if so please let @Dudettas or @The Envoy know

aragon82

Merchant
well since you jumped into Platinum league this week, instead of getting rank 4 or 5, you did reach 3rd rank

i'm pretty sure you will play with KYPIA, Sanctuary, White Rabbit and DS in the diamond league next thursday :)

if you really wanted to avoid KYPIA, or other 'good' guilds, you should have reached 4th or more like 5th rank in the last battleground, to not getting promoted to platinum league

no guild has diamond-status, so no one will play in diamond-league
only 4 platinum-members, so only one platinum league on thursday, at least one(excatcly one?!?) guild will be promoted from gold to platinum

why we didnt go for 5th and last spot? I am doing a team-sport since more than 20 years, also as a trainer.
How will you explain your teammates(guildmates in that case) to head for the loss?!?
.....and of course we did the wrong guess, we were stupid enough to think there could be enough platinum members for a 2nd league after this season.
Where 6th overall would have been the sweet-spot, not 2nd or 3rd, you can blame me for that....

DeletedUser10335

Looking at the results for this round of Guild Battlegrounds, I noticed that the 1st place guild worked really hard taking that position and was rewarded very well for doing so. But, the guild that placed in the 8th spot was rewarded as well. The difference in crowns between 1st and 8th spot is roughly 50k crowns. In this circumstance, the guild placing in the 8th spot did absolutely nothing. They had no activity at all. Why is the guild not participating being rewarded at the end of round?

I enjoy Guild Battlegrounds but it does require a lot of resources. The return on that is the crowns received. Increasing the guild level increases guild members' perks. These should be earned, not received for doing nothing.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Looking at the results for this round of Guild Battlegrounds, I noticed that the 1st place guild worked really hard taking that position and was rewarded very well for doing so. But, the guild that placed in the 8th spot was rewarded as well. The difference in crowns between 1st and 8th spot is roughly 50k crowns. In this circumstance, the guild placing in the 8th spot did absolutely nothing. They had no activity at all. Why is the guild not participating being rewarded at the end of round?

I enjoy Guild Battlegrounds but it does require a lot of resources. The return on that is the crowns received. Increasing the guild level increases guild members' perks. These should be earned, not received for doing nothing.

this has been answered loads of times, no activity = no reward, the box with the reward in is not given if there is no activity it just tells them what they could have won

DeletedUser10416

If they did nothing (have no VP collected at all) they are not rewarded anything.

This is only the immediate reward - the long term reward/punishment is the increase/decrease in league progress

How much activity is needed? we conquered 1 province but didn't get any reward due to inactivity...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
How much activity is needed?
@The Envoy
I also really would like a display somewhere about how much participation is needed - The ideal place for that would be in the GBG leaderboard - as long as the conditions are not met to get a reward, instead of the reward chest (or additionally) display "Acquire at least X provinces/collect at least X VP to qualify for a/this reward" or make it a mouse-over pop-up

podkap1970

Emperor
no guild has diamond-status, so no one will play in diamond-league
only 4 platinum-members, so only one platinum league on thursday, at least one(excatcly one?!?) guild will be promoted from gold to platinum

why we didnt go for 5th and last spot? I am doing a team-sport since more than 20 years, also as a trainer.
How will you explain your teammates(guildmates in that case) to head for the loss?!?
.....and of course we did the wrong guess, we were stupid enough to think there could be enough platinum members for a 2nd league after this season.
Where 6th overall would have been the sweet-spot, not 2nd or 3rd, you can blame me for that....
ah yes my bad, you did not reach Platinnum status
so you did everything right?, if you not fill the last spot in the new Diamond league (yes we hae a guild there)

and yes, you also right, kinda hard to explain to guildmembers, we want 5th rank (last rank) or 4th

lets see Thursday, if we play with 4 in the diamond league, or five, with you ;)

aragon82

Merchant
ah yes my bad, you did not reach Platinnum status
so you did everything right?, if you not fill the last spot in the new Diamond league (yes we hae a guild there)

and yes, you also right, kinda hard to explain to guildmembers, we want 5th rank (last rank) or 4th

lets see Thursday, if we play with 4 in the diamond league, or five, with you ;)

Oh havent noticed that so far... thx for pointing this out.
There is a minimum of 5 in each league, if I remember rigth.
So there wont be a platinum this season? :D We will see

DeletedUser9523

How much activity is needed? we conquered 1 province but didn't get any reward due to inactivity...

At least 50 Advances are required to be considered eligible for a reward (regardless of league).

There is a minimum of 5 in each league, if I remember rigth.
So there wont be a platinum this season? :D We will see

Correct, five participants is the minimum for each instance.
So I reckon there will be a diamond battleground that will include all current platinum guilds, as well as the best guild from the gold league.

LastWarrior

Regent
Any idea if we will start in the Gold league on live worlds?
Yes we are well active enough, I just want us all to start in Bronze though :)

DeletedUser10318

At least 50 Advances are required to be considered eligible for a reward (regardless of league).

Correct, five participants is the minimum for each instance.

I believe that 50 Advances in Bronze league is too high. Most bronze league Guilds are 1-man bands, and 20-30 advances is more realistic and will encourage players to participate. On the other hand, Diamond league with 70-80 active members it should be 2500 Advances (50 Advances * 50 players). Lower leagues should require less effort than higher leagues.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just a repeat of a request from earlier in the thread:
Some sort of indication of progress when you remain in the same league from week to week. 1st place resulting in staying in the same league does not feel like progress. Even the message is literally telling you "nothing happened":

upload_2019-11-4_16-12-16.png

Can't we at least have a message there indicating progress/regression? Say at least 5 different messages for "Big advance" "Small advance" "No substantial change" "Small regression" "Large regression"

I understand that my hidden MMR has increased but that's not the feedback the game is giving me.

DeletedUser10047

@xivarmy, how do you change the message so that it isn't confusing for the vast majority of players who have no concept of MMR? The average player is going to be quite confused by a message that says "You've advanced" when it is clear to them that nothing has actually changed from their perspective. The only option I can see is to unveil some of the hidden aspects of the system - such as publishing the MMR, or giving identification to the different battlefields within each league ("You've moved up from Silver-4 to Silver-2").

1BFA

Viceroy
@xivarmy, how do you change the message so that it isn't confusing for the vast majority of players who have no concept of MMR? The average player is going to be quite confused by a message that says "You've advanced" when it is clear to them that nothing has actually changed from their perspective. The only option I can see is to unveil some of the hidden aspects of the system - such as publishing the MMR, or giving identification to the different battlefields within each league ("You've moved up from Silver-4 to Silver-2").

A progress bar would be nice.

Silver-----------Started here--------------------------------------------------------Ended here-----------------------Gold------