• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

Gab in Beta

Merchant
new atrition system favours fighters vs negotiators, penalty attack increases slower but negotiations go x3 at atrition 8 not 14 as before.
Fighters will like it, farmers will hate it? lets see . .

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
new atrition system favours fighters vs negotiators, penalty attack increases slower but negotiations go x3 at atrition 8 not 14 as before.
Fighters will like it, farmers will hate it? lets see . .
hm.. seems kind of unfair - going to x3 at 14 was OK, now already at 8 seems too early and will block out lots of entry level gamers that have not build up their attack GBs yet.

andreab

Farmer
block all, it no longer makes sense to invest in events x to enhance your attack, it no longer has value to spend diamonds to be able to do only 3/4 more battles it takes a friction limit and already it was high the old one, so the players will abandon the game and nobody will invest anymore

Amdira

Baronet
Absolutely unfair to smaller players and farmers - you took them away the chance to support their guild in GG in an adequate way. For power fighters there is still GvG - I loved GG because of the opportunity to negotiate till now ... it takes a lot of time to level up the attack GBs, goods can be supported more easily

DeletedUser10091

YOU HAVE MADE HUGE BIG FLOP,
YOU HAVE RUINED IMMEDIATELY A BEAUTIFUL THING, THOSE WHO THOUGHT INFINITE FRICTION IS A NEEDLE, THIS THING IS CERTAINLY RIDICULOUS, YOU ONLY HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE IT STOP THROUGH PLAYING AT MANY PLAYERS

I DON'T SPEND A CENTURY BECAUSE IT HAS NO MORE SENSE
BATTLE N° 106 ATTRITION 2569% INFINITE

Moderator note - please edit so not all in capitals.

As if they could have made attrition any worse? Oh wait they just did :mad:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
We'll see if it's an over-correction. But due to negotiation having the x2 multiplier it does make sense that attrition becomes meaningful faster than it does for fighters. It also makes 'a few cheap negotiations and then a bunch of fighting' more feasible. Has anyone assembled a table yet for the new attrition values?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
some samples (taken after i noticed the good count going up; often missed the change-over by 1 though):

Before​
After​
Attrition​
Military​
Negotiation​
Military​
Negotiation​
5​
10%​
1​
12%​
2​
9​
30%​
2​
27%​
3​
15​
70%​
3​
61%​
4​
23​
200%​
4​
126%​
5​
30​
340%​
6​
203%​
6​
34​
420%​
7​
255%​
7​
42​
580%​
8​
378%​
8​
49​
720%​
10​
507%​
9​

Summary:
Early Negotiations will be more expensive (it hit 7x at 34 attrition in both cases, but rose to 5 faster)
Deep Negotiations may be cheaper (it appears to be slowing down after hitting 7x)
Typical Fighters will be able to go further (it takes longer til the steep wall appears)
High end fighters may feel it more futile to keep working on their ability to fight (the wall is as steep as ever, just later; and apparently rising higher by the earlier commenter's screenshot - the prospect of what it'd take to handle a few more fights a day is going to be daunting).

Overall I'm disappointed by the last point as I'm a fighter at heart and was already resigned to only one of my worlds being considered for fighting in GBG in the long run. Now I'm not even sure of that.

Last edited:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It seems to me positive.
I found
* that negotiations were favored,
* abnormal attrition is limited to 1750. (Some players are already beating 1750 and bonuses will continue to rise for all).

The majority of players will be able to win more fights, the strongest will be limited later than the others but still limited.

DeletedUser10047

As a negotiator, I feel that advances will now be more balanced. The cost of negotiations will increase, particularly at the lower level. On beta, my city is not well developed, but negotiating was the obvious choice as I could usually get around 30 advances. With this change to attrition, I feel I will be able to get around 20 advances whether I fight or negotiate.

DeletedUser10282

This penalizes high-level fighters way too much. The upward climb to the steel wall needs to increase much more slower.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It was never intended for high-level fighters to dominate Battlegrounds. This reins them in. The average guild member will have more of an impact now.

Trouble is this removes the motivator to keep improving. If adding 100% more boost gets me 1-2 more fights that hardly seems worth the effort. Also I can already sustain 100+ progress a day by negotiation (that is to say, up to 50ish attrition) - where this moved what I could do by fighting from 30ish to 40ish probably on my mars world.

On my CE world where I was planning to find my way over the top of the 1750% defense wall, that's now right out of the question - and not even worth trying for. I'll probably be able to fight 60-65 or so instead of 50-55 immediately. But where after much development I had planned to be able to very tediously fight 100+ fights a day, now I may as well not even bother. I'd get to 90 with the amount of effort that would've taken (probably a year's+ of events and auctions) or I can switch gears, focus on negotiations, and in a few months be doing 100+ there too.

At the high end, negotiating is more highly favored than ever after these changes.

Except of course for siege camps. The ability to fight more (and potentially overtake negotiating by doing many low boost fights with few losses) is tied more than ever to the ability to plant a *ton* of siege camps. So now the logic if you want to improve your contribution as a fighter is to power-level more treasury buildings.

I'm mostly concerned that in their quest to make things more fair, they might damage the motivation to keep improving which is what I viewed as the most important aspect of this feature.

I don't necessarily mind that attrition just keeps going up when it comes to attack boost - i just wish there was less of a "you shouldn't be here" aspect to it where they just keep sending the % up exponentially to cover corner cases where someone has found a way to keep going. Should there always be a point where you get stuck? Yea, probably. Should you be able to develop to continue moving that point significantly later? Absolutely, but right now once your endpoint is somewhere in the steep region, you may as well just give up getting stronger which makes GBG just more busywork. Or switch to negotiation where you can always go further, you just need more goods.

DeletedUser10282

It was never intended for high-level fighters to dominate Battlegrounds. This reins them in. The average guild member will have more of an impact now.

Im not against the avg, guild member having more of an impact but not to the point were there is little or no point of strengthening your attack.