• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well it's probably too late to 'solve' cross-world because it's launching in 4 days on live.

They mentioned that starting ratings in live worlds might be 'more generous' to help sort things out faster than they happened here on beta.

There's both positives and negatives to having the system be one world rather than cross-world. There should be more intense rivalries and politics for better or worse. Or things might get more stale at the top seeing most of the same guilds from week to week.

SuperCirce

Squire
Hi, I would like to know a point, do the points brought by a province count as soon as it is taken possession or only from the next clock hour?

jtrucker

Baronet
Sorry, I don't know if that was already answered - is there a plan to implement taverns "extra turn" boost for negotiating in battlegrounds as well. Or creating new boost for battlegrounds only (with perhaps different price than the one for GE)?

Thanks

DeletedUser10047

Sorry, I don't know if that was already answered - is there a plan to implement taverns "extra turn" boost for negotiating in battlegrounds as well. Or creating new boost for battlegrounds only (with perhaps different price than the one for GE)?

Thanks
While I have no idea what Inno may have in the works (and it may even include a GB), I would think that any ability to have 4 tries to complete a negotiation would require some sort of rebalancing. Currently 1 negotiation gives 2 advances while 1 fight only gives 1 advance. This is because negotiations are slower and also use up resources right away (as opposed to fighting which may not use any units at all for the first 20 or 30 fights).

Currently, after the third unsuccessful try, a player has two options - 1) cancel the negotiation and start again, or 2) spend diamonds. In either case, the cost of negotiating goes up. With a fourth (free) try, the vast majority of negotiations become successful so the cost of negotiating drops significantly. That would have to be addressed by making a change to some other aspect of the feature, such as making it so that negotiations only provide 1 advance, or greatly increase the attrition rate associated with negotiations.

Nessie

Baronet

Thanks

I was asking this about three times or more, the devs were simply ignoring me. Hope they finally answer us! Ignoring a question is very bad behaviour and insults players/customers the most

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As negotiations are currently designed, there's no way there'll be a 4th free attempt available. The negotiations are from 4-6 options; these are ones that can already be solved successfully over half the time without a 4th turn. With a 4th turn they're too easy and they'd have to switch to 8+ negotiation options (i.e. the stuff that starts towards the end of difficulty 3 GE that the tavern boost was built for)

Nessie

Baronet
In this case negotiations should be with goods from the actual era ONLY and not actual era and the one before - in my case negs with only SAM goods, would be highly appreciated!!!

jtrucker

Baronet
Currently, after the third unsuccessful try, a player has two options - 1) cancel the negotiation and start again, or 2) spend diamonds. In either case, the cost of negotiating goes up. With a fourth (free) try, the vast majority of negotiations become successful so the cost of negotiating drops significantly. That would have to be addressed by making a change to some other aspect of the feature, such as making it so that negotiations only provide 1 advance, or greatly increase the attrition rate associated with negotiations.

I don't think that is the issue here - even with 4 negotiation attempts it still costs the spent goods and the time to do it, which are reasons to give 2 advance points. So I don't think it would become unbalanced for this particular reason.

As negotiations are currently designed, there's no way there'll be a 4th free attempt available. The negotiations are from 4-6 options; these are ones that can already be solved successfully over half the time without a 4th turn. With a 4th turn they're too easy and they'd have to switch to 8+ negotiation options (i.e. the stuff that starts towards the end of difficulty 3 GE that the tavern boost was built for)

On the other hand - this seems like valid argument, so all after all I agree that there probably won't be another extra turn available.

But it always could be different boost - more costly and last shorter time in the tavern, or available only when certain conditions were present or have only % chance to happen or something. But I guess that would be too much programming and too many variables. So we'll have to do with 3 attempts forever :)

I quite like the new reward drop rate.
I'm still getting pretty much the same amount of other rewards as I was before, with now the addition of a fragment for every 4th fight on average.
That should just about equal half an upgrade per battleground in my main city on top of whatever the guild award is.
So thank you Inno for listening to our requests to include fragments as rewards, and especially for doing it in a way that hasn't effected the rest of the personal rewards much.

DeletedUser9734

With GBG going live soon I came across the requirement that a guild needs to be "signed up" for the current battleground. How does a guild sign up? Here is the exact text for the requirements:

How can I unlock the Guild Battlegrounds?
  • Simple! There are only two requirements to unlock the feature. You need to be part of a guild and research 'Military Tactics'. Once you've met both of these requirements, you'll be able to access the Battlegrounds building that's located northeast of your city limits. However, to take part, your guild needs to be signed up for the current battleground.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Once the prop for the GBG access is in live cities you'll be able to click on it and it'll say how long til it starts and if you're not signed up there'll be a button (for guild leaders at least - not sure if members can decide on their own that they want to play).

Emberguard

Emperor
Well, that's why I think it behooves us to think of ways to help make it possible. As much as I like GBG itself, I think the single-world aspect of it is the worst part of the Beta experience. There are three platinum guilds. How many platinum islands? None. Because these all have to be recruited to the lone diamond island.

If we help the devs crack the multiverse-GBG nut, then that kind of outcome won't take months upon months to resolve... What are we, 1 and 1/2 months into GBG already? One diamond island and zero platinum? And the best we can hope for is that next round there will be one diamond and one platinum, maybe?
In GE the only aspect that has to be communicated live is the end result - what percentage has been completed. So likely there's a cross-world aspect to it because there's very little that needs to keep updated

If GBG were cross world you'd have to communicate progress based on exact co-ordinates and make sure it's in sync so you know what's going on. I have no idea how difficult it would be to accomplice this, but I'd assume having servers communicate with each other would introduce a delay time if there's a lot to communicate. But I agree it does sound like a nice idea to have cross-world GBG if that's something that'd be possible to implement

DeletedUser9396

That's a compelling insight, EG. I did not think how data might have to be shared across servers. I think I approached the different worlds as constructs more than actual machines or even discrete virtual machines. Assuming the information that would have to be "shared" to allow real time play between worlds does not lie in a common pool would make it harder to fight on the same island with guilds from other worlds.

DeletedUser9523

I was asking this about three times or more, the devs were simply ignoring me. Hope they finally answer us! Ignoring a question is very bad behaviour and insults players/customers the most

The intention was not to upset anyone, I apologize.
We were still debating the matter internally, as attrition and difficulty has still been in flux.

We will continue to keep an eye on attrition & difficulty, however at this point in time it seems unlikely to add a 4th round for negotiations.
The reason is that negotiations provide two advances (with a slightly increased chance to obtain a reward), and this is because it considers all other factors:
  • Negotiations will always cost you precious goods, whereas battles may end up without any losses
  • Negotiations always take quite some time (as opposed to auto-battles), which will be especially significant for high leagues, where provinces get focussed to be taken within minutes
  • Experienced players have a good grasp on when a battle will be won (beforehand), whereas current negotiation setups sometimes fail
Also keep in mind that Guild Expededition negotiations may demand more than 6 options (as opposed to Battlegrounds), which makes the 4th round option quite necessary there.

In GE the only aspect that has to be communicated live is the end result - what percentage has been completed. So likely there's a cross-world aspect to it because there's very little that needs to keep updated

If GBG were cross world you'd have to communicate progress based on exact co-ordinates and make sure it's in sync so you know what's going on. I have no idea how difficult it would be to accomplice this, but I'd assume having servers communicate with each other would introduce a delay time if there's a lot to communicate. But I agree it does sound like a nice idea to have cross-world GBG if that's something that'd be possible to implement

Cross-world play for Battlegrounds is something we have considered in the beginning of the development.
In fact, some of our developers wanted to have this so strongly that they went the extra-mile to investigate its feasibility.
However, as it has been pointed out already, it's not that simple and it comes with a lot of potential edge-cases and risks (i.e. what happens if one game world goes offline accidentally?).

I wouldn't say it's comepletely off the table, but it won't happen in the near future, that's for sure.