• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I don't think either of those guilds is in diamond yet :)
Did not say that ;)
only said that in diamond the prestige will most probably be over 4k

As it is not displayed separately anywhere, currently it is really hard to get proper values for the prestige from GBG. Before GBG there only have been two ways to get prestige and one of them was clearly stated - the other was just simple math - but now there are two unknowns in the mix - one of them could probably get guessed though by looking into every GvG Map and adding up the power gain values there manually.

Therefor a transparent display of the various sources of prestige would be highly appreciated. Much more so than the suggestion in the top post which were already made in the feedback thread anyway...

DeletedUser10047

It would appear from the seasons completed so far that ascension to Platinum league is based on a fixed MMR value.

However, it has previously stated that distribution of guilds in the leagues is percentage based:
10% - Diamond
25% - Platinum
30% - Gold
25% - Silver
10% - Copper

While transition to full population of all leagues is underway, the time frame for achieving that seems like it will be a very lengthy process. If indeed a fixed MMR value is currently being used to decide promotion to platinum (and therefore also to diamond), could this value be adjusted to accelerate the process?

Also, isn't there already sufficient distribution of the MMR values such that a jump to the percentage breakdown could be put into effect for either the upcoming Battleground season or the one immediately thereafter?

DeletedUser10002

The guys who won first place in our silver league did not go into Gold league. Care to explain why?
Also another thing My Smartphone cannot play GBG. it's android. What do I have to do?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The guys who won first place in our silver league did not go into Gold league. Care to explain why?
Also another thing My Smartphone cannot play GBG. it's android. What do I have to do?

Rather than a guaranteed promotion for first, they have a hidden MMR that gets adjusted week to week. What league you get placed in is based on a range of that MMR and winning one week is not necessarily enough to move you up enough to be in a higher one for next. Essentially that guild moved from 'low silver' to 'high silver'.

DeletedUser10002

ok,
My Smartphone cannot play GBG. it's android. What do I have to do?

DeletedUser10002

Rather than a guaranteed promotion for first, they have a hidden MMR that gets adjusted week to week. What league you get placed in is based on a range of that MMR and winning one week is not necessarily enough to move you up enough to be in a higher one for next. Essentially that guild moved from 'low silver' to 'high silver'.
Thanks for replying. In my opinion this is unnecessarily complicated. Top guild(s) gets promoted low guilds are de-promoted to lower league.
keep it Simple

DeletedUser10047

Thanks for replying. In my opinion this is unnecessarily complicated. Top guild(s) gets promoted low guilds are de-promoted to lower league.
keep it Simple
It actually is quite simple - from a developer's point of view. I have explained it in some detail earlier in this thread.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It would be good to have a visual progress of this MMR from week to week. i.e. if you promote you get a message you promoted. if you didn't though, how close are you to promotion? It'd probably help a lot of the 'feels bad' moments if people could see the progress they're making. i.e. perhaps instead of just Silver, a guild could be described as Silver(10%) such that at the end of the round that changing to Silver(60%) would feel like progress. Especially if some leagues might take 3+ rounds of winning your group to get out of, it's important to have milestones of how close you are so that members don't feel they're accomplishing nothing for their effort.

DeletedUser8068

Seems like guild level might have been a factor in initial MMR. Top two guilds by level did not have very far to get into platinum.

aragon82

Merchant
So next round will be: Kyp, Dragonstar, LK and two others supposed to have "fun" in high-mmr platinum? Besides five guilds pushed up from gold to fill the 2nd (lower-mmr) platinum?
We will see, but I really hope I am completly wrong this time....

correct assumption with the bold part
no 2nd platinum league, so why once again only 5 members in platinum?

@devs: what timeframe do you expect to fill all leagues completly?
half a year? one year? longer?

shad2389

Viceroy
should'nt the BG log show who faught and who placed a flag ?
my guild has done both so far today in BG and nothing shows up on the log