• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser9523

I was VERY HAPPY with 5 FP reward solely, sometimes I made 200 FP with one or two provinces. With this change, InnoGames simply cheats on us, only players in very low ages would welcome a little amount of goods, maybe one unit and so on...

The chance to get something after a fight / negotiation was increased in a way that the average amount of Forge Points that you get will stay pretty much the same as it was in the first season.
Statistically, the goods, units and diamonds are now coming on top. ;)

DeletedUser9719

I was VERY HAPPY with 5 FP reward solely, sometimes I made 200 FP

40 activity for only 10 PF to win

this is the principle of this new game

the more you are rich, the better your rankings and the more reward you have
the poorer you are, the stronger the handicap, and the more your investment will be important and the less you will earn

at the sight of starting disability, it is impossible for those who are part of this handicap to catch up because the greater the handicap, the lower the reward is

Last edited by a moderator:

Teak

Steward
Only for the initial MMR. After the first season, a guild's MMR goes up or down only based on Battleground performance.

I guess we are both right: but on any Server you have 2-4 dominating guilds. Even if 10% of the guilds are located in diamond, there will be significant mmr differences after a few seasons.
@The Envoy
Will the mmr lead to a match making comparable to LeagueofLegends?
Let’s assume diamond league will start at 1600 mmr up to 2000: will the 1900 to 2000 mmr guilds be matched ( winners with winners) or will the matchmaking just throw diamond guilds into one battleground?
Even in the top 20 of the current guild highscore the difference between a second place guild and the 11th is kind of significant: getting 1st in diamond league if you are matched with the first 8 guilds will be way more intense than matching guild 42 to 50
-> how will the mmr gain work and will it influence the future matchmaking?
-> can you see your guild’s mmr?

in other words: will it be the dominant strategy to try to keep your mmr at low diamond level to get easier encounters, because “dominating” will lead to a fixed pool of the “best” 5-8 guilds every week? Or will guilds of one league be matched with each other independently?

Last edited:

DeletedUser10305

I think that will be good - have a BG journal to know who open the sectors, how many fights or negotiate did each guild member, etc

kaymedic

Marquis
@Teak

That was already answerd:

[...]
... matchmaking of guilds for each battleground happens first and foremost using the MMR value. Therefore we can make sure to match guilds that are very close in terms of MMR.
Imagine there are 10 guilds in gold, then we end up with two battlegrounds: One has the 5 guilds with the highest MMR within gold league, and the other instance has 5 guilds with the lowest MMR within gold league.

In the long run this will make up for a more granular and therefore more fair competition.

[...]

Teak

Steward
@Teak

That was already answerd:

@The Envoy
this is anything but fair if you consider the non existing differences of the rewards.
Low diamond guilds will get the same reward as the high ones- but the costs will differ massively.
Competing against the current top 3 will lead to an average of 50 (or even more ) successful daily assaults - if I take a look at the current top 50 or top 100 ( diamond league should cover about 10% of the active guilds) I hardly doubt they will even reach an average of 20 per day, but the number one in their league will get the same reward as the #1 of the “highest” mmr group.
-> the gex clearly separates such increase of activity ( 133,3% compared to 60% ), if you look at the recompense, and so does GvG ( 25k compared to 10k)

How do you want to address this gap?

DeletedUser9523

this is anything but fair if you consider the non existing differences of the rewards.
Low diamond guilds will get the same reward as the high ones- but the costs will differ massively.

There is not a big range for MMR to be in Diamond. If the top 5 guilds fight in a battleground, it means that 2 of them will have their MMR decreased. That will already put them in the "lower diamond" bracket.
With MMR being that volatile, it should make sure there is just enough mixing up of guilds and not having to compete against the exact same opponents every time.

For now we also don't expect there to be crazy differences in terms of activity / performance among diamond guilds. At least not enough to justify even more granular differences in rewards (which would be hard to do anyway).

kaymedic

Marquis
The guilds in the lower diamond league will have a little advantage in terms of rewards. And therefore i like that the difference in the leagues is not that high. And next round better guilds will be moved to the higher MMR diamond league to compete with the bests. I see no problem there.

Teak

Steward
There is not a big range for MMR to be in Diamond. If the top 5 guilds fight in a battleground, it means that 2 of them will have their MMR decreased. That will already put them in the "lower diamond" bracket.
With MMR being that volatile, it should make sure there is just enough mixing up of guilds and not having to compete against the exact same opponents every time.

For now we also don't expect there to be crazy differences in terms of activity / performance among diamond guilds. At least not enough to justify even more granular differences in rewards (which would be hard to do anyway).

Don’t get me wrong ;)
I already think that the rewards are to high (550k for diamond p1- this is almost double the amount you get as a current top guild for GvG and quadruple the reward of the gex)
I think that it should be lowered to 300k and the received shards should be raised ;)
The main painpoint I see is that the top 10 guilds will unlikely decrease in mmr if they are pared with the top 100, because of its 10% range.

might you pls post the mmr range and in-/decrease values ;)

lorenzo75

Merchant
it is not yet clear to me how the fields affect the guild ranking. Guilds grow faster this yes. But it seems to me that the weight in the standings is not comparable to that of the gvg. So I ask my question again: Will the fields have a real weight in the standings? Or the ranking will continue to be tied mainly to the gvg. Especially if you choose to return to the unique recalculation and the previous value of the sectors.

How are the points for sectors calculated? On today's map, if we took the 3 sectors surrounding our hq, we would have less points than one of our rivals taking one sector. Are the points for sectors just luck?

kaymedic

Marquis
The main painpoint I see is that the top 10 guilds will unlikely decrease in mmr if they are pared with the top 100, because of its 10% range.

but the top 10 guilds will fight in two battlegrounds (two with the top 5 in the first one with the higher MMR, and guild 6-10 in the second one with lower MMR).

And so the weaker guilds after a round will for sure decrease in mmr..

kaymedic

Marquis
How are the points for sectors calculated? On today's map, if we took the 3 sectors surrounding our hq, we would have less points than one of our rivals taking one sector. Are the points for sectors just luck?

Every sector nets you a different amount of points. you can see them by clicking on the sectors. Normaly the points increases towards the center of the map