• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
¿Entiendo que los gremios de oro pueden elegir la pelea de liga en el platino?
No, but some gold league guilds will be pulled into a platinum Battleground apparently to compensate for the insufficient number of platinum guilds (only 1 currently)

podkap1970

Emperor
Current development version of it is complete (as opposed to on day 1 when it was only producing coin and forge points, it now has its treasury goods and guild power). Cannot say if the balancing of the stats will or will not undergo changes.
well i hope it do change,
you have at leat 30-35 weeks time, until i will build it (to get enough fragments to build the highest lvl of this building)

people are already angry, that the goods out of guild treasury have no use (higher eras), now you give us even more uslesss goods?
this building needs another rebalance please, 30 weeks to go ;)

LastWarrior

Regent
New guild buildings that can be placed on the map.

Outpost
This province requires +10% advances to be conquered.

Province Buildings Fortress
Fortress
This province requires +30% advances to be conquered.

Province Buildings Decoys
Decoys
If an enemy fights or negotiates to conquer this province, there is a chance of 15% that this enemy will suffer double the amount of attrition.

Province Buildings Traps
Traps
If an enemy fights or negotiates to conquer this province, there is a chance of 45% that this enemy will suffer double the amount of attrition.

Province Buildings Watchtower Watchtower
If members of the owning guild of this province advance into adjacent provinces, they have a 8% chance to not increase their attrition level.

Province Buildings Siege Camp Siege Camp
If members of the owning guild of this province advance into adjacent provinces, they have a 24% chance to not increase their attrition level.

Province Buildings Banner Banner
This province generates 10% more victory points.

Province Buildings Statue Statue
This province generates 30% more victory points.

Province Buildings Palace Palace
This province requires +30% advances to be conquered.
This province generates 75% more victory points.

Province Buildings Militia Barracks Militia Barracks
unknown

Not finalised yet.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
well i hope it do change,
you have at leat 30-35 weeks time, until i will build it (to get enough fragments to build the highest lvl of this building)

people are already angry, that the goods out of guild treasury have no use (higher eras), now you give us even more uslesss goods?
this building needs another rebalance please, 30 weeks to go ;)

Although it is a decent building from its stats alone, considering that the effort to get the building (at least for most guilds) will be much higher than cultural settlements, I also would have expected the (personal) rewards of the building to be a bit better.

Maybe it could give some kind of unique effect [EDIT: or even one unique effect added per level] to make it really attractive. e.g.: "Auto solve one negotiation/battle of choice per day without any losses for the user"

Last edited:

DeletedUser9523

No, but some gold league guilds will be pulled into a platinum Battleground apparently to compensate for the insufficient number of platinum guilds (only 1 currently)

Correct. With the current setup, there will be one platinum battleground and there will probably be four guilds pulled from the gold league to participate in that platinum battleground.
To compensate for this "added challenge", the guilds from the gold league (in this particular scenario) can climb the leagues even quicker if they win, and at the same time, it's less likely for them to drop in league if they lose. Basically they get what we call the "underdog bonus".

The upcoming province buildings within battlegrounds will require treasury goods from all eras (though for every guild, the highest possible goods depend on the member with the highest reached age).

DeletedUser8804

Es ist ein tolles neues Highlight, aber der Gewinn des Erst platzierten zum Letzt platzierten ist im Verhältnis zu dem Aufwand den man treiben muss um zum 1. Platz zu kommen, doch sehr gering.

podkap1970

Emperor
The upcoming province buildings within battlegrounds will require treasury goods from all eras (though for every guild, the highest possible goods depend on the member with the highest reached age).

hmm ok thanks for the information

is there any ETA for those 'buildings' you can place there?

kaymedic

Marquis
Es ist ein tolles neues Highlight, aber der Gewinn des Erst platzierten zum Letzt platzierten ist im Verhältnis zu dem Aufwand den man treiben muss um zum 1. Platz zu kommen, doch sehr gering.

But the rewards will get better in higher leagues. So maybe there is not a big difference in a league but only guilds who made a lot of victory points will go up into the next league to get better rewards there.

DeletedUser9523

I'd like to take the chance to answer this particular question which popped up a few times:

Translated:
"It's a nice highlight, but the reward of the first placement compared to the last one is too small, especially considering the required effort."

So the reason why the difference in rewards within a league is so small is quite simple:
The worst reward of a given league must be better than the best reward of the league below!
That means we need to space out all rewards among 40 possible placements (5 leagues, each with up to 8 placements).

Then there is a "corridor" of rewards:
The maximum reward (in diamond) needs to be on par with what you get in other features in the same time (i.e. looking at the guild power and comparing it to GvG).
The minimum reward needs to be high enough to justify at least some level of activity / effort.

With that corridor in mind and the 40 different placements, you end up with relatively little differences between placements.

However, the main reason to try to win a given battleground is to get to the next league, as the league alone has a pretty big impact on your rewards (not only placement rewards, but also the forge point drops you occasionally get).
And the higher your placement, the more quickly you move up in leagues. ;)

DeletedUser9218

That seems to the reward for 6th place in gold...

But what is your question?

My question is :

Our VP is 177.8 K as 2nd guild and other guild with 5 K VP as 6th.

Our rewards are 57 fragments of building and 239.1 guild power
and 6th one has 48 fragments and 199.5 guild power.

We can ignore this little difference and just do a few fights in next round, without using a lot of units and goods.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
We can ignore this little difference and just do a few fights in next round, without using a lot of units and goods.
If you know you do not want into the higher leagues, the best strategy will probably be to just do enough to land in the middle of the ranking - that probably gives the most rewards for the least effort in the long term. The higher the league you do that in, the more rewards you get though.

PS:
My question is :
still could not find a question... ;)

DeletedUser10039

Then you will likely drop down to silver and have worst rewards for a while, until you get enough score to get promoted back to gold. The goal as I see it is not to save goods and troops and end up 5th or 6th but to try and get promoted to the league higher. Yes some weeks you might have easier competition like we do in GE.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
It seems to me, negotation and attack are different queue. From my experience, when i see an enemy that I cannot beat with my soldier with current penalty. No chance to win. Then I have select to do negotiation. After getting through with negotiation ( tons of goods is used ), my next enemy are exactly the same, even further negotiation also give future enemy are exactly the same. This should not happen, i am doing negotiation for the enemy I cannot handle, not negotiation for a unknown enemy which my soldier may be able to handle. Please review

I agree with this idea. I use negociation when I find that fighting is too difficult. The next encounter should NOT be against the same units. If this was done on purpose, I would be interested in knowing why...

It is better to add a "battle-ground chat", only inside "battle-ground". Guild member can communicate between each other. Or bring "guild-chat" into "battle-ground".

+1. A battle-ground chat would be very useful.

DeletedUser9719

The worst reward of a given league must be better than the best reward of the league below!

league cooper
1 13 54 600

league sylver
8 28 117 200

it's not best, it's 2.5 times bigger lolll

The maximum reward (in diamond) needs to be on par with what you get in other features in the same time (i.e. looking at the guild power and comparing it to GvG).

Guild battleground is not GvG
I remind that many players can not do GvG
in France, 80% of the players are on smartphone/tablet/ipad, if you penalize these players from the start he will not play

I do not know what to play but if you favor the GvG guild in the guild of players on smartphone, you will not have more success than the GvG and the GvG players will be even fewer

i take another exemple
league cooper 40
league silver 70
it's just 75% more difficult but you have increased rewards by more than 300% ... why ?

the more you will favor the big guild, the less players will want to play

in the current state of things, the investment is not rewarded, it is easier to ask the Guild not to play so that all get the first place

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10244

So the reason why the difference in rewards within a league is so small is quite simple:
That means we need to space out all rewards among 40 possible placements (5 leagues, each with up to 8 placements).
I disagree . Rewards for Place 1 of a lower league should be set higher than last place of the higher league. There is no "must".