• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9410

You can report
Im glad you did that
I dont need be aming a bunch of snakes by the way

The insult, works, just to tell

If that guy, i dont care if its a male or female, when it comes to animals i dont really know how to distinguish, talks to me everytime im saying something here, im gonna flip right towards him/her

Its on ignored list, ao it should be fine now!
Being attacked, every time i say something here, by that person, im gonna stop coming here, even if my mouth comes straight from the bin!

Please do us all a favor and do stop.... being here. we dont need your low foul mouthed sort here. Or did you forget that young people also play this game and are also present. just because you swear someone's mother in Portuguese doesn't mean it is not understood by other's

P.S, if you are going to continue with your foul mouth, and or insults, then you would do well to put me on ignore list as well

P.P.S The fact that you seem proud of your foul mouthed antics says a lot about your character,, or more to your LACK of character.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10112

d'ont miss the point of the discussion.

does anyone knows how prestige points will be rewarded?
and how many?

DeletedUser9523

does anyone knows how prestige points will be rewarded?
and how many?

The current concept stands like this:
Guilds will gain prestige points according to the league they are in. So if they drop in league, they also lose some of their prestige, but can regain that prestige by climbing up the league ladder again.
The amount you gain from being in the highest league should be similar to what guilds earn in the existing GvG while being among the best.

What we are additionally thinking of is that whenever you finish a battleground, your guild will gain a few permanent prestige points (that can never be lost), and the amount -again- depends on the league you were playing in.
However, only the three highest leagues would provide these permanent points, and it would only be a very few points each battleground.

Miepie

Baronet
Prestige points that cannot be lost? So in a few years we'll get a ranking full of inactive guilds that have gained enough points in the past? Doesn't make much sense to me. On the other hand, that GE doesn't give any kind of prestige doesn't make much sense to me either. And what exactly do you consider "similar to what guilds earn in the existing GvG while among the best"?

DeletedUser9523

And what exactly do you consider "similar to what guilds earn in the existing GvG while among the best"?

"What exactly" is a question we will dig into once the final concept is clear. ;)
I reckon we will look at the amount of prestige that top guilds have from current GvG and use an average of that value as the reference for the diamond league reward.

1BFA

Viceroy
"What exactly" is a question we will dig into once the final concept is clear. ;)
I reckon we will look at the amount of prestige that top guilds have from current GvG and use an average of that value as the reference for the diamond league reward.

I think what we are trying to figure out is, will GVG still dominate the rankings? Or is it possible that GBG overshadow GVG in terms of ranking and thereby naturally and slowly kill GVG.

HossamAly

Merchant
I would really like to see an in-guild contribution table to be available, similar to GE in a way, so that we're able to reward those who did the most for the team, and encourage those who could use some encouragement :)

DeletedUser9523

I think what we are trying to figure out is, will GVG still dominate the rankings?
Both features should be relatively on par, however:
GvG will always have a higher potential, simply because you can just aim to dominate more of the different era's maps to get even more prestige.
The potential of Guild Battlegrounds in terms of prestige will be rather hard-capped.

1BFA

Viceroy

DeletedUser

GvG will always have a higher potential, simply because you can just aim to dominate more of the different era's maps to get even more prestige.
The potential of Guild Battlegrounds in terms of prestige will be rather hard-capped.
That being said, a large guild with 10 active players on FFA map every evening and some semi-actives in GBG will always dominate the 80 active mobile-only guild in ranking?
I'm sorry, but using prestige on both modules does not help us in regards of a fair ranking list.
The whole prestige/ranking needs an overhaul and now would be the best time to fix that, imho.

((this would also be a good time to overhaul the broken-by-design player's ranking points, but this is an other issue...))

DeletedUser6015

What can I say?
the guild rankig system is a joke, it is by prestige and not by level
for a long time have been large semi-active guilds at the top doing nothing for that and now they will accumulate even more of the new functionality

Miepie

Baronet
The guild ranking system is the only ranking system that makes any sense in my eyes. A guild that stops being active, will lose it's high ranking. Guild level doesn't say anything about how active a guild is now. Besides, Guild level takes a very long time to build up. Taking that as part of the ranking simply means new guilds have far less chance of ever reaching the top spot.

And ofcourse GvG should stay an active part of the ranking. Yes I know, that puts app-guilds on a disadvantage. But ranking should be about the most succesful and active guild overall. That is why I do thing GE should be taken into account as well. Exactly how I don't know, right now the power from GE doesn't come in equal parts but I'm sure there is a way to figure that out. That way, an active app-guild that is active on both GE and GBG can match any browserguild that's not very active on either GE or GvG (and that's most big guilds).

Dan 77

Squire
The current concept stands like this:
Guilds will gain prestige points according to the league they are in. So if they drop in league, they also lose some of their prestige, but can regain that prestige by climbing up the league ladder again.
The amount you gain from being in the highest league should be similar to what guilds earn in the existing GvG while being among the best.

What we are additionally thinking of is that whenever you finish a battleground, your guild will gain a few permanent prestige points (that can never be lost), and the amount -again- depends on the league you were playing in.
However, only the three highest leagues would provide these permanent points, and it would only be a very few points each battleground.
I like these ideas about the ranking and prestige!
Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate that someone really clarifies and specifies GBG for us, when it's needed for our feedback. I have recently posted a summary of the most important questions, which haven't been responded yet:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...-guild-battlegrounds.10398/page-10#post-82082
Can you please watch them anytime?

Great idea, I think. Next to the idea to give more types of map shapes, not to GBG become boring as GE does. Maps can be generated randomly for each GBG.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4951

Hi
I think that few people play in GVG because one of the biggest problems is that almost all guilds are formed by one or two fighters.
But guilds with 1 or 2 fighters have no chance of being able to play in the GVG maps for which many are abandoning.
For example in the world IT4, only one guild was able to take the whole map.
So how could other guilds play?
Also in my opinion the game map is too small and should be 5 times bigger to allow everyone to be able to play.

DeletedUser9523

Since GBg is not across servers, some logic should be added so that the same guilds are pit against each other all the time. I know leagues are there and so on, but what i think will get boring if for e.g. Top 5 guilds on the server always fighting each other.

This would definitely be a nice-to-have, but would greatly affect the development scope (which is already going to be huge).
Also, such a rule is not feasible universally across all game worlds. There will be worlds with so few participating guilds that i.e. in diamond league, each battleground you would have to see the same enemies, simply because there are no others available.

utilisaton for milions of post-future goods in treasuries?

Will take a while to drain these. But the idea is to have a variation of province buildings. Some of them will be quite powerful, but will cost overproportionally more. This should at least help with draining treasury stocks faster until it reaches a point where you strongly have to think which resources to use where. ;)

affect of Observatories to GBG?

Originally, we did not want to include the "Support Pool" in Guild Battlegrounds. We may come up with something, but it will be at the bottom of the priority list, so don't hold your breath. ;)

guild forum&chat for mobiles too or not?

No, at least not along with Guild Battlegrounds.

a chance to 5 FP reward is too low individual reward in comparison to GE

The chance will set in a way that it feels meaningful enough (when compared to GE).

will one-member guilds have an access to GBG?

They will.

international GBG leagues and international expeditions?

Guild Battlegrounds will only happen within a game world, so no cross-communication between worlds is planned for this feature.

How will GBG affect guild's power (in comparison to GvG, and mainly to GE and Halls Of Fame)? Consequently which will affect growth of guild levels the most?

Output of guild power for GBG should be on par with what you get from Guild Expeditions.

Dan 77

Squire
Thanks for your response.
Also I hope that "Leader" role won't be the only way to manage GBG, many players see problem with that, in GBG it could be a greater problem than for unlocking GE every Tuesday, I think.
If each whole GBG will start at 8 PM as GvG does, that will be also a problem.
Originally, we did not want to include the "Support Pool" in Guild Battlegrounds. We may come up with something, but it will be at the bottom of the priority list, so don't hold your breath. ;)
Also I'm afraid of that the Observatories will become redundant, resource bonus has already become due to no utilisation for milions (!) of post-Future era goods and the second bonus applies only for GvG, which will become to be more in the game background due to a huge role of GBG.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10112

That being said, a large guild with 10 active players on FFA map every evening and some semi-actives in GBG will always dominate the 80 active mobile-only guild in ranking?
I'm sorry, but using prestige on both modules does not help us in regards of a fair ranking list.
The whole prestige/ranking needs an overhaul and now would be the best time to fix that, imho.

I read the concept of the ''new gvg'' as an oportunitie to small 80 members guilds apear in the prestige ranking.
The concept, reamaining as presented now, will allow semi active 80 members guild to roll over active 40 members guilds since they can preform more battles and/or negotiations, therefore reaching higher leagues and more prestige.
by the amount of battles and mercs nedded to achieve higher places in both GVG's it's unlikely that a guild could preform well in both.
and if one could , well. they do deserve the number one spot in their server.

humm.. i'm a little divided by this. Guild expedition allready gives some permanent points, adding them by the level of the guild.
if it's not too much should be a good ideia.
a guild in level 60 as roughly 1500 prestige points. if it takes the same amount of time to achieve similar points in the ''new gvg'' i think it's a good ideia.
smaller guilds (in level) can dream of an higher prestige rank.

now this worries me.
on pair, means that diamond league should be given the same ammount of prestige than all ages map.
then,the prestige in diamond league should be divided by the ammount of provinces a guild obtain. (just like gvg)
In a diamond league of 6 guilds half of them should have to be relegated to the lower league giving oportunitie to the best 3 of the previous league chance of play in the higher league and so promote a rotation of guilds.

honestly i don't see how a hard cap would even things out.

1BFA

Viceroy
This would definitely be a nice-to-have, but would greatly affect the development scope (which is already going to be huge).
Also, such a rule is not feasible universally across all game worlds. There will be worlds with so few participating guilds that i.e. in diamond league, each battleground you would have to see the same enemies, simply because there are no others available.

But since this is new concept, please also consider the social aspect. Facing the same guilds not only becomes boring, as you know there are some guilds/players main goal is bully others.