• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I happen to like it, though I'd like it more if I were able to finish it. :p

And for what the colossus stands?

A colossus is "a statue larger than life-size". It doesn't have to have any greater meaning than that.

We don't need those kind of war heroes anymore today.

What kind of war heroes do we need today?

I don't recall anyone saying this Colossus was a war hero...whether it is or not I think is up to the individual player to decide.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I happen to like it, though I'd like it more if I were able to finish it. :p

A colossus is "a statue larger than life-size". It doesn't have to have any greater meaning than that.

What kind of war heroes do we need today?

I don't recall anyone saying this Colossus was a war hero...whether it is or not I think is up to the individual player to decide.

My first thought when getting a statue named colossus goes to :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_of_Rhodes

I'm unaware of anything controversial about it - it was a statue built to celebrate winning a war. It depicts a greek god (Helios).

Emberguard

Emperor
And the MOST stupid thing is, if I actually use the approx. 4000 diamonds that secures me the last upgrade for the scaffolding, i end up in top 20% and get one more...
Woo.... a single upgrade for 4k. That's so sad. A full lvl 8 ship could be achieved with 10k.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

(Though, I don't see Helios when I look at it...the Kraken on the shield [which is actually Norse] makes me think of Mars. I've always liked Mars...:D)

No, it doesnt look at all like Helios. But i think the term "Colossus" refers to its size. The original colossus was built in honor of Helios and did look like him. This looks more like a giant Roman statue

Andi47

Overlord
I just realized that it is necessary to clear the browser cache to see the countdown towards the end of the event:

Before clearing the browser cache (two minutes ago):
ForgeBowl_missing_countdown.jpg

After clearing the browser cache:
ForgeBowl_Countdown_visible.jpg

BTW: The forge bowl button needs an anchor to fix it at one position. For comparison look at the fingers of the gloves before and after clearing the cache.

DeletedUser9763

My biggest problem with this event that Inno keeps introducing new special event prizes. I want upgrades and a re-launch to some of the previous event buildings instead.

Those of us who play the game very actively have no problem spending some diamonds/money on the events. But my inventory is now fully stuffed with useless upgrades for previous event prizes, which I spent diamonds/money to acquire, but may most likely never be able to use. This is usually because, as a top player in my country, I have little use for any of these event prices unless they are fully upgraded.

This constant introduction of new grand prices acts as a real barrier for me to invest any more diamonds into these events, or for me to buy any of the special diamond promotion packages which follow the events.

Lekaylee

Farmer
Hey
The Anouncment and the Idea was ... if I understood it right ,... that any Player who fulfilled the complete Quest could be able without spending Diamonds ... to complete the Event and get the Event building. ... because its not pay to win.

this is beta,...
maybe the sin is to test if this works with the current quests and other Mechaniks. Sorrowfully it does not work this time. We need a shorter Field with less innings or maybe 10 more Quests with 1 additional upgradekit....
I got all quests and endet with Colossus at lvl9. The diamonds we get ... will not help to get over the complete field - 2 more times,.... to get the last upgrade kit.
If it is possible please change the Mechanics.

Bythe way,... If everything works good I am willing to by Diamonds in the live server. But if I am forced to do this, to complete an Event,... I dont have the will to do so. I know some Persons in my guild who act the same. They spend a lot of Money in the game and at last in Winterspire. to get a Second and third one. The forge bowl event without changes they will skip.

PS: English is not my normal language, please excuse my worse Grammar and writing.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Yeah, I can't even begin to convey just how disappointing this is, to go through all of this effort, and even with a rebalancing and the gift of diamonds we were just given that neither I nor any player I know personally is going to be able to complete the Colossus. What was the point of that? Normally, I don't mind if I don't get all of the upgrades to these upgradeable buildings, because for the most part, they don't look too bad unfinished, like the blue Winter Spire one of my friends has. But this is not acceptable. Unless the developers intend to make upgrades available in future events, or offers, or even in the Daily Challenge (like the fragments), this has been a terrible joke.

And after wasting the last of my diamonds to keep myself in Bronze, I still won't get that 10th upgrade.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

Normally, I don't mind if I don't get all of the upgrades to these upgradeable buildings, because for the most part, they don't look too bad unfinished, like the blue Winter Spire

I agree totally, Ironically the Colossus doesnt look too bad at level 9 either. If they would just take that terrible scaffolding away. :confused::eek:

DeletedUser9410

Actually i'v just had another look, and the level 9 looks exactly like level 10, Except 10 doesnt have the scaffold around it.o_O
So if you spend enough, you can get 10 and a nice looking statue. :rolleyes:
Ah well... Ironically i work in construction, see partly built structures and scaffolding all day, now i can look at it when im at home as well. :(

Thunderdome

Emperor
Hey
The Anouncment and the Idea was ... if I understood it right ,... that any Player who fulfilled the complete Quest could be able without spending Diamonds ... to complete the Event and get the Event building. ... because its not pay to win.
I thought I had read it the same as well hence why I am questioning about it. I know I had spent, but the free players should have been able to get 1 fully upgraded Colossus by this piece of info as well. But also I had thought they would place the upgrade reward in the lowest tiers as well so it can be possible for such to be accomplished.

Even at 9 (just waiting on my final reward when it's over), the scaffolding does make it look ugly. The only difference between level 9 and 10 are the 2 forge points (level 9 has 4 when motivated; level 10 has 6 when motivated) a player would receive if maxed and ready to collect.

Again, I am hoping they will revisit such and make improvements to benefit everyone, not just the spending players. I regret leaving because life was busy for me, but don't let me regret coming back because Inno is going to be like the other developers: out there for money while giving mediocre results.

vidicecilia

Baronet
No enough upgrades to get the Colossus, no Classical Garden Statues to complete Classical Garden. I played everyday, so I won´t do this event at live versions.

Emberguard

Emperor
No enough upgrades to get the Colossus, no Classical Garden Statues to complete Classical Garden. I played everyday, so I won´t do this event at live versions.
upload_2019-1-2_17-22-34.png

upload_2019-1-2_17-16-59.png

^ Without spending diamonds and only 18 quests completed. The Garden set shouldn't have been a problem. The colossus I can't really comment on given I've only done 18 quests

Last edited:

vidicecilia

Baronet
View attachment 3721

View attachment 3720

^ Without spending diamonds and only 18 quests completed. The Garden set shouldn't have been a problem. The colossus I can't really comment on given I've only done 18 quests

On december 23, Classical Garden Statues didn´t appear. I am sure because I was desperatly looking for it. I´ve got 2 Classical Garden Patio and 2 Classical Garden pool and I was saving balls for the other, but it never appeared. I am absolutely sure. I play everyday and log in several times a day.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
I got my classical garden statues from the middle of the event though. I never got anything at the start of the event for the garden set. All of my garden was achieved through the second half. So it was there

DeletedUser9410

i got 3 pools, 1 statue and 1 patio, i was hoping for another statue or patio to be able to use all 3 pools at their best possible. But no luck.
Hopefully we will get some in DC or other quests, will keep an eye out.

Borowski

Squire
Finishes questline, but not colossos... 40 yards away from bronze league, what a pity. so colossos ends up lv9 without spending diamonds.
i would have spent some diamonds - but not 40 yards!
at least i got 14 shrines in the event, so its not a complete desaster for me, but really demotivating to be that far away of bronze league o_O

the garden set is crap and will go back to the inventory

DeletedUser9692

Dittos "Echoing many above comments"...

1) I didn't realize statues were needed until way too late.
2) The set is underwhelming.
3) I finished the whole event and still wound up with a level 9 Colossus. I would have needed to spend, if lucky, 2,000 diamonds to TRY to catch the moving target of Bronze in Beta. (Calc'd when I finished. I don't know the final yardage numbers, or what the diamond requirements would be to Guarantee a spot).
4) In "real" worlds, disappointed nothing in this event to upgrade last year's Pillar.
5) Please pull the Victory towers and Watchfires from the daily rewards. Whoever wants them have plenty from regular events; and for the rest it just sits in inventory. They are too common/limited use (being generous) to qualify as a "Daily Reward".

Last edited by a moderator: