• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

To adjust the attack bonus on the Winner's plaza turned it to maybe interesting to put out, to not interesting at all.

Given it was already well below the special 3x3s that give 10%>

Guess its one to dodge on live

DeletedUser8150

4% attack on 3x3 with road needed

great balancing compared to
4% on 1x1 for defence, no road (watchfires)

:eek:

Yeah but in fairness with def AI you need more cheap def if anything as its too easy to break most defences

DeletedUser5324

It was reduced to 4% in OF; as far as i'm informed a reduction has been applied for all ages.
In HMA the boost was changed from 3% to 2%...

DeletedUser8061

Changelog says it happened because people got many plazas. But you definitely forgot that only those who spent REAL money got many plazas. People who haven't spent a cent got 0-3 plazas, and mostly 0, coz everyone was trying to finish their Pillars, so they were going for the upgrades.

With this nerf you're punishing people for spending money, the only thing you're doing is saying: "Thanks for testing every content we make here on Beta, reporting lots of bugs and supporting us with your money, we know you spent them for an iPhone, but we decided to give you a Chinese counterfeit instead. :)"

And what about the other events in the future? Do you expect people to buy your new buildings if we need to fear they can be nerfed at any time? It’s been a month since the release, why not make it before the end of the event?

What’s the difference now? We can easily replace it with Strike teams for FREE and even get troops from it daily! Yes, strike teams are still worse than Plazas, but the difference is not that big so we would spend so much money on it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5324

@Harleen: imho it's inappropriate to compare the properties of set buildings to those of stand alone ones.
And the strike teams are -as long as they don't match your recent era- production blockers for more valuable units.
They are the best of all poor ways to get along - not more.

DeletedUser8150

@Harleen: imho it's inappropriate to compare the properties of set buildings to those of stand alone ones.
And the strike teams are -as long as they don't match your recent era- production blockers for more valuable units.
They are the best of all poor ways to get along - not more.

More of an argument to nerf the strike team which shouln't b so good.

DeletedUser

Changelog says it happened because people got many plazas. But you definitely forgot that only those who spent REAL money got many plazas. People who haven't spent a cent got 0-3 plazas, and mostly 0, coz everyone was trying to finish their Pillars, so they were going for the upgrades.

To be honest, I was surprised to see i.e. a city on Beta with 12 (!) Winners' Plazas. I don't really want to know how much RL money was spent - on Beta ... seriously?!

With this nerf you're punishing people for spending money, the only thing you're doing is saying: "Thanks for testing every content we make here on Beta, reporting lots of bugs and supporting us with your money, we know you spent them for an iPhone, but we decided to give you a Chinese counterfeit instead. :)"

I'm not sure if Beta is the place Inno wants to generate money, imo the main focus on Beta is testing content, report bugs and give feedback. Playing on Beta means to me to be prepared anything can be an object of change at any minute. In the past there were bug reports about vanished quest rewards comparable to footballs, and they were not replaced as this is Beta. So spending RL money on Beta would be clearly very risky to me.

The unique state of Beta is one of the nice sides for Beta players: we get a good amount of Diamonds for free for playing and feedback, so some advantage/compensation to spend time on Beta with it's possible penalties.

And what about the other events in the future? Do you expect people to buy your new buildings if we need to fear they can be nerfed at any time? It’s been a month since the release, why not make it before the end of the event?

I assume this nerf was one of the test results running the event here on this server due to some players' reaction. Imo the nerf was in time, before the event starts on life servers - not during or beyond the event there - and dependent to game balancing. In my understanding this is also an aspect why Beta is running.

The other side of the medal: This building isn't really worth considering anymore on life servers, a pitty for a nice designed item. In my ranking it dropped form maybe-nice-to-have to needless.

An intersting option of this event for me is the choice to go for the Pillar of Heroes with upgrade Kits OR daily specials. With low use of diamonds you can't have all.

DeletedUser4381

Definitely skipping this event on live.

Personally I now view Inno as a caricature of the Swedish Chef... Rather than "bork bork de bork", the Inno Chef goes "nerf nerf de nerf".

DeletedUser5160

Inno made the right call. Our feedback was the prevent values changing post release on Live. Beta is well.... Beta and they give us free diamonds.

This is different than the SV which has been released for little over a year now.

qaccy

Emperor
Changing things on Beta is normal. Changing because people bought it (and that's what happened, many people spent lots of money on buying it) is NOT. Game items are considered "real" products. So we spent money to buy them. And got an absolutely another product in return. We bought 6% plazas – we should get the 6% plazas. It's like buying a car. We spent money for ferrari and they gave us lada instead :) If the product is not what was advertised, every seller gives a refund.

I'm not saying they ain't allowed to change things on Beta. It's what they do. But when they change something that's been PAID for, they need to make a refund.

No, they don't have to provide a 'refund'. Anyone playing on beta should already understand that things here are expected to change on a whim. Yes, this even includes things that are purchased with diamonds. I'd argue that actually purchasing diamonds on beta is somewhat foolish in itself because of the nature of the server, but to each their own. If this sort of thing happens here, it's much better than if the same thing were to happen on the non-beta servers where there is indeed more of an expectation that people 'get what they pay for' (even though this is still not something set in stone).

clebert

Merchant
Pretty easy ? i don't think so , when you need destroy your city to build black smith to solve stupid
quests as 50 times 1 hour , or spend DAILY 150 goods from arctic and 150 Oceanic for send the submarine.
I did collect the required 2,690 orichalcum for all Oceanic 5 techs ,but now to reach quests like " acquire sectors
without fighting "need produce more... in that case will not have to unlock techs....No Sir, is not easy.
Aaaarghhhh we are under attack! The maniac found us on live servers ...look this story quest >>>> finish 40
times production of your age or 60 of previous age. I am new in the age ,lol. Sure this genius that invented
these kind of questions on events, can not forget the story quests? i have 3 options ,
1- dissolve my 9 guilds and quit foe
2- leave there tue quest,dont finish quests anymore
3- kill my goods producer to build supplies buildings ,which i dont need. Yeap, enforce us again ! grrrr

DeletedUser7107

Aaaarghhhh we are under attack! The maniac found us on live servers ...look this story quest >>>> finish 40
times production of your age or 60 of previous age. I am new in the age ,lol. Sure this genius that invented
these kind of questions on events, can not forget the story quests? i have 3 options ,
3- kill my goods producer to build supplies buildings ,which i dont need. Yeap, enforce us again ! grrrr
4th option.... just skip that challenge

DeletedUser8341

In a horrible way, it is nice to know that players at/near the top also suffer from these stupidities.
Hopefully, the 'pay x supplies' recently seen on live DCs will supplant many of these multiple production quests, expecially the more numerous ones. Paying large amounts of gold or supplies - which can be generated using GBs or standard buildings - is a far more sensible requirement than the boring and repetitious need to generate even more surplus supplies using buildings which are superflous for any other purpose.

DeletedUser8150

Hopefully, the 'pay x supplies' recently seen on live DCs will supplant many of these multiple production quests, expecially the more numerous ones. Paying large amounts of gold or supplies - which can be generated using GBs or standard buildings - is a far more sensible requirement than the boring and repetitious need to generate even more surplus supplies using buildings which are superflous for any other purpose.

Hmm.. Kinda takes the Challenge out of the Daily Challenge if all I have to do is spend some of my 1 billion coins/supplies. I might as well setup a direct debit for it and take the day off!

DeletedUser8341

Hmm.. Kinda takes the Challenge out of the Daily Challenge if all I have to do is spend some of my 1 billion coins/supplies. I might as well setup a direct debit for it and take the day off!
The only challenges I have with things like 30 x 4-hour productions is overcoming the boring tedium of it and convincing myself that playing Forge of Empires is worthwhile, even though what I really want is a game of strategy, not a task of repetition. Sometimes I think I might as well go work on a production line in a factory rather than be pushed into more repetitive nonsense that damages any strategy .. and not even be paid for it,

clebert

Merchant
The only challenges I have with things like 30 x 4-hour productions is overcoming the boring tedium of it and convincing myself that playing Forge of Empires is worthwhile, even though what I really want is a game of strategy, not a task of repetition. Sometimes I think I might as well go work on a production line in a factory rather than be pushed into more repetitive nonsense that damages any strategy .. and not even be paid for it,
Well said.I play the game since 2013 ,every month i am losing a 4 years player . If we assume we are not owner
of our cities anymore, we can not play the game our way,but FoE way, will be that the reason? Do
they really think will sell more diamonds what that stupidity ? Tell you what, 90 percent of my 600
players are NOT playing this event. They just follow me, my revenge. Sorry,i am really angry with
that,instead comment about the event, what is supposed,i'm crying daily here against what i think is wrong.