• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

RedRed

Viceroy
I need to say that I`m disappointed too. I really tried to get the 7 lvlups of the pillar and it seems as if i only reach level 4 :-(
I mean, no, I didn`t spend any diamonds on it - in my eyes they may perhaps be necessary for the last level - but almost half of the way? No way!
Ended up with 5 (got 1 by luck from chests using some diamonds, thus leaving aside the luck I got the same result); except 5-6 attempts made to test the "rainbow arrows" I've always choosen the chest with the highest yards/bowls ratio, there will be other 70 bowls from the next 2 days but I'm far from hitting the last touchdown with the 6th upgrade (so I guess those few attempts weren't changing much how it is ended; even I've not spent all the bowls in the days with the upgrade as daily special, but imho you should be able to hit at least enough touchdowns to take the 5th upgrade only by using wisely the bowls, leaving maybe 1 upgrade to the luck, better none though). Might be just matter of bad luck but don't get 1 full upgraded pillar without diamonds by choosing the "conservative path" will makes upset several on live.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8150

Perhaps the devs/mods may be able to comment but are the American-Foot prizes (including upgrades) going to appear in Daily Challanges alongside or to replace the Indian sets etc? If they did it might anable people to make progress after the event with a bit of luck/effort.

DeletedUser

Perhaps the devs/mods may be able to comment but are the American-Foot prizes (including upgrades) going to appear in Daily Challanges

It's not impossible as we have seen other set items in Daily Challenges already. Of course even if they do become available it would be after the event has run on the live servers I would think. We'll have to wait and see :)

DeletedUser8061

Ended up with 5 (got 1 by luck from chests using some diamonds, thus leaving aside the luck I got the same result); except 5-6 attempts made to test the "rainbow arrows" I've always choosen the chest with the highest yards/bowls ratio, there will be other 70 bowls from the next 2 days but I'm far from hitting the last touchdown with the 6th upgrade (so I guess those few attempts weren't changing much how it is ended; even I've not spent all the bowls in the days with the upgrade as daily special, but imho you should be able to hit at least enough touchdowns to take the 5th upgrade only by using wisely the bowls, leaving maybe 1 upgrade to the luck, better none though). Might be just matter of bad luck but don't get 1 full upgraded pillar without diamonds by choosing the "conservative path" will makes upset several on live.
You can get a fully upgraded pillar on live servers. You will get around 3600 footballs in total from the event. 2 upgrades are available in quests, 2 are guaranteed to get from the touchdowns. And you need 2 more. If you save all your footballs till the upgrade is a daily special, you have very very high chances of getting it. Since, on average, 1 daily special = 1000 footballs (max I spent 2000 for one special).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
i counted 3400 footballs from (20 days * 35 = 700 + the sum of the quests on wiki) - and it seems a little less than 'certain' that you can get a fully upgraded pillar even if that's your focus without diamonds. I'll agree it's likely though.

I just finished my personal analysis of the chests and i will say it's one of the more interesting events. I'm going to start with an overview of my thoughts on the 10 coolers that can show up so i don't have to cover that repeatedly (from most expensive to least):

1) Special Building Cooler ; 210 balls for 8-9 yards. 15% Chance of Special (plus 10% of 3 of the special buildings from the event)
Good For : If you like a couple of the event buildings it has a relatively high chance to produce something nice.
Bad For : Yards, if the specials you're focused on aren't one of the ones already in this chest

2) Item Cooler ; 150 balls for 8-9 yards. 7% Chance of Special.
Good For : Best yards per ball. If you need 1-up kits.
Bad For : Everything else.

3) Building Cooler ; 135 balls for 6-7 yards. 20% Chance of Special.
Good For : Balance of yards and cost to draw specials
Bad For : Chest contents other than specials.

4) Blueprint Cooler ; 120 balls for 6-7 yards. 10% Chance of Special.
Good For : Yards. If you need Ibservatory prints.
Bad For : Special efficiency, chest contents if you don't need Observatory prints.

5) Boost Cooler ; 100 balls for 4-5 yards. 10% Chance of Special.
Good For : A mediocre fallback chest that isn't the worst in yardage or special chance (but not particularly good either)
Bad For : Terrible nonspecial contents.

6) Orange FP Cooler ; 90 balls for 4.5 yards. 7% Chance of Special.
Good For : Above average yardage per ball. Decent amounts of FP.
Bad For : Special efficiency.

7) Special Unit Cooler ; 85 balls for 4-5 yards. 10% Chance of Special.
Good For : Excellent yardage per ball. Average Special efficiency.
Bad For : Other contents unexciting. Not top pick in any category, but about middle of the pack.

8) Blue FP Cooler ; 80 balls for 2-3 yards. 15% Chance of Special
Good For : Best Special efficiency.
Bad For : Poor yardage per ball. Unimpressive amounts of FP.

9) Medal Cooler ; 65 balls for 2-3 yards. 10% Chance of Special
Good For : Special efficiency. If you need medals.
Bad For : Below average yardage per ball. Who needs medals for very long?

10) Unit Cooler ; 60 balls for 1 yard. 10% Chance of Special
Good For : Excellent Special efficiency.
Bad For : Worst yardage per ball. Unexciting other prizes.

Given that there's 3 chests presented to you at a time at what's seemed to be relatively even likelihood you can choose 2 of the 10 chests to never ever pick, and prioritise the other 8 from favorite to least favorite. You will then wind up picking:
First Choice : 30% of the time
Second Choice : 23.3% of the time
Third Choice : 17.5% of the time
Fourth Choice : 12.5% of the time
Fifth Choice : 8.3% of the time
Sixth Choice : 5% of the time
Seventh Choice : 2.5% of the time
Eighth Choice : 0.8% of the time

83.3% of the time it will be one of your top 4 choices

Some of the strategies to consider using just 3400 free footballs
1) Pure yardage efficiency
Pick Priority : Item, Blueprint, Special Unit, Orange FP, Building, Boost, Special Building, Medal
Never Picking : Unit, Blue FP
Expected yards : 180 (3 TDs)
Expected daily specials : 2.7
While this is likely to complete a Pillar if you wait til day(s) when pillar upgrade is the daily special to spend your footballs, there's a very significant chance of not getting the 2 upgrade specials you need.
Edit : ~23% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free
Edit2 : ~2200 diamonds of balls to extend this an additional 70 yards and take 5 touchdowns thus requiring only 1 pillar upgrade. This would reduce chance of failure to ~1%.

2) Pure special efficiency
Pick Priority : Blue FP, Unit, Medal, Building, Special Unit, Boost, Blueprint, Orange FP
Never Picking : Item, Special Building
Expected yards : 125 (2 TDs)
Expected daily specials : 5.3
This is very likely to complete a pillar and have time to chase other specials besides. Someone with exceptionally bad luck however may walk out with almost nothing - especially considering the top 4 chests have really poor contents other than the special. This being a ways short of the 3rd touchdown would need ~1100 diamonds worth of footballs extra if you wanted to extend it that far.

Edit : ~9% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free
Edit2 : ~1% Chance to Fail including the diamonds to get 3rd TD

3) Hybrid - Seeing as the first strategy didn't make 4 TDs anyways this considers 50 yards and a special as equal goals.
Pick Priority : Blue FP, Building, Medal, Special Unit, Unit, Blueprint, Boost, Orange FP
Expected yards : 142 (2 TDs)
Expected daily specials : 5.1
Closer to the 3 touchdowns but still not quite there (~400 diamonds to complete). Not much difference in the daily special count. I did look at a modified version of this biased further towards the specials side (2 TD = one special) for the perspective of if one was using diamonds to go for multiple pillars. It just swaps the order of special unit and unit ; and blueprint and boost. It's a very minor difference not worth another entry considering it's a small change in ordering of 4th priority or lower picks. It loses about 6 yards for 0.1 more specials from the free footballs.

Edit : ~10% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free
Edit2 : ~2% Chance to Fail inlcuding the diamonds to get 3rd TD

4) Touchdown-biased Hybrid - In an attempt to make it to 3 touchdowns to more reliably complete pillar without spending diamonds treating 50 yards as 2 specials in consideration.
Pick Priority : Building, Special Unit, Blue FP, Medal, Blueprint, Boost, Orange FP, Item
Never Picking : Unit, Special Building
Expected Yards : 158 (3 TDs)
Expected Daily specials : 4.6
You would need to be exceptionally unlucky not to manage to complete a fully upgraded pillar if you wait til a daily special = pillar upgrade day with this strategy.

Edit : ~4% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free

5) "Good Stuff" - Having now examined an assortment of strategies revolving around merely completing a pillar a final thought went to biasing towards touchdowns and chests that have contents that are actually desirable on their own right (of which specials are certainly 'good stuff' but I also included the event buildings in the special building chest, 10+ FP, and 1 up kits as 'good stuff' worth biasing towards).
Pick Priority : Orange FP, Special Building, Building, Item, Special Unit, Blue FP, Medal, Blueprint
Never Picking : Boost, Unit
Expected Daily specials : 3.1
This goes back to only slightly better chance than the first TD-only strategy in terms of likelihood to complete a pillar. But you are likely to if you wind up screwed at least walk out with having made a bunch of FP and maybe a few event buildings where the TD-only strat was likely to walk out with not much of anything.

Edit : ~17% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free

It is of course possible based on early results to switch strategies in midevent. I.e. you might start out with strategy 4 and once you have your 2 pillar upgrades switch to strategy 5 since you only need to maintain yardage at that point.

Last edited:

clebert

Merchant
You can get a fully upgraded pillar on live servers. You will get around 3600 footballs in total from the event. 2 upgrades are available in quests, 2 are guaranteed to get from the touchdowns. And you need 2 more. If you save all your footballs till the upgrade is a daily special, you have very very high chances of getting it. Since, on average, 1 daily special = 1000 footballs (max I spent 2000 for one special).
Event finished ,i also get level 5 and i don't worry about level 7 as is basically only 1 fp more

DeletedUser8061

i counted 3400 footballs from (20 days * 35 = 700 + the sum of the quests on wiki) - and it seems a little less than 'certain' that you can get a fully upgraded pillar even if that's your focus without diamonds. I'll agree it's likely though.

I just finished my personal analysis of the chests and i will say it's one of the more interesting events. I'm going to start with an overview of my thoughts on the 10 coolers that can show up so i don't have to cover that repeatedly (from most expensive to least):

1) Special Building Cooler ; 210 balls for 8-9 yards. 15% Chance of Special (plus 10% of 3 of the special buildings from the event)
Good For : If you like a couple of the event buildings it has a relatively high chance to produce something nice.
Bad For : Yards, if the specials you're focused on aren't one of the ones already in this chest

2) Item Cooler ; 150 balls for 8-9 yards. 7% Chance of Special.
Good For : Best yards per ball. If you need 1-up kits.
Bad For : Everything else.

3) Building Cooler ; 135 balls for 6-7 yards. 20% Chance of Special.
Good For : Balance of yards and cost to draw specials
Bad For : Chest contents other than specials.

4) Blueprint Cooler ; 120 balls for 6-7 yards. 10% Chance of Special.
Good For : Yards. If you need Ibservatory prints.
Bad For : Special efficiency, chest contents if you don't need Observatory prints.

5) Boost Cooler ; 100 balls for 4-5 yards. 10% Chance of Special.
Good For : A mediocre fallback chest that isn't the worst in yardage or special chance (but not particularly good either)
Bad For : Terrible nonspecial contents.

6) Orange FP Cooler ; 90 balls for 4.5 yards. 7% Chance of Special.
Good For : Above average yardage per ball. Decent amounts of FP.
Bad For : Special efficiency.

7) Special Unit Cooler ; 85 balls for 4-5 yards. 10% Chance of Special.
Good For : Excellent yardage per ball. Average Special efficiency.
Bad For : Other contents unexciting. Not top pick in any category, but about middle of the pack.

8) Blue FP Cooler ; 80 balls for 2-3 yards. 15% Chance of Special
Good For : Best Special efficiency.
Bad For : Poor yardage per ball. Unimpressive amounts of FP.

9) Medal Cooler ; 65 balls for 2-3 yards. 10% Chance of Special
Good For : Special efficiency. If you need medals.
Bad For : Below average yardage per ball. Who needs medals for very long?

10) Unit Cooler ; 60 balls for 1 yard. 10% Chance of Special
Good For : Excellent Special efficiency.
Bad For : Worst yardage per ball. Unexciting other prizes.

Given that there's 3 chests presented to you at a time at what's seemed to be relatively even likelihood you can choose 2 of the 10 chests to never ever pick, and prioritise the other 8 from favorite to least favorite. You will then wind up picking:
First Choice : 30% of the time
Second Choice : 23.3% of the time
Third Choice : 17.5% of the time
Fourth Choice : 12.5% of the time
Fifth Choice : 8.3% of the time
Sixth Choice : 5% of the time
Seventh Choice : 2.5% of the time
Eighth Choice : 0.8% of the time

83.3% of the time it will be one of your top 4 choices

Some of the strategies to consider using just 3400 free footballs
1) Pure yardage efficiency
Pick Priority : Item, Blueprint, Special Unit, Orange FP, Building, Boost, Special Building, Medal
Never Picking : Unit, Blue FP
Expected yards : 180 (3 TDs)
Expected daily specials : 2.7
While this is likely to complete a Pillar if you wait til day(s) when pillar upgrade is the daily special to spend your footballs, there's a very significant chance of not getting the 2 upgrade specials you need.
Edit : ~23% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free
Edit2 : ~2200 diamonds of balls to extend this an additional 70 yards and take 5 touchdowns thus requiring only 1 pillar upgrade. This would reduce chance of failure to ~1%.

2) Pure special efficiency
Pick Priority : Blue FP, Unit, Medal, Building, Special Unit, Boost, Blueprint, Orange FP
Expected yards : 125 (2 TDs)
Expected daily specials : 5.3
This is very likely to complete a pillar and have time to chase other specials besides. Someone with exceptionally bad luck however may walk out with almost nothing - especially considering the top 4 chests have really poor contents other than the special. This being a ways short of the 3rd touchdown would need ~1100 diamonds worth of footballs extra if you wanted to extend it that far.

Edit : ~9% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free
Edit2 : ~1% Chance to Fail including the diamonds to get 3rd TD

3) Hybrid - Seeing as the first strategy didn't make 4 TDs anyways this considers 50 yards and a special as equal goals.
Pick Priority : Blue FP, Building, Medal, Special Unit, Unit, Blueprint, Boost, Orange FP
Expected yards : 142 (2 TDs)
Expected daily specials : 5.1
Closer to the 3 touchdowns but still not quite there (~400 diamonds to complete). Not much difference in the daily special count. I did look at a modified version of this biased further towards the specials side (2 TD = one special) for the perspective of if one was using diamonds to go for multiple pillars. It just swaps the order of special unit and unit ; and blueprint and boost. It's a very minor difference not worth another entry considering it's a small change in ordering of 4th priority or lower picks. It loses about 6 yards for 0.1 more specials from the free footballs.

Edit : ~10% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free
Edit2 : ~2% Chance to Fail inlcuding the diamonds to get 3rd TD

4) Touchdown-biased Hybrid - In an attempt to make it to 3 touchdowns to more reliably complete pillar without spending diamonds treating 50 yards as 2 specials in consideration.
Pick Priority : Building, Special Unit, Blue FP, Medal, Blueprint, Boost, Orange FP, Item
Never Picking : Unit, Special Building
Expected Daily specials : 4.6
You would need to be exceptionally unlucky not to manage to complete a fully upgraded pillar if you wait til a daily special = pillar upgrade day with this strategy.

Edit : ~4% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free

5) "Good Stuff" - Having now examined an assortment of strategies revolving around merely completing a pillar a final thought went to biasing towards touchdowns and chests that have contents that are actually desirable on their own right (of which specials are certainly 'good stuff' but I also included the event buildings in the special building chest, 10+ FP, and 1 up kits as 'good stuff' worth biasing towards).
Pick Priority : Orange FP, Special Building, Building, Item, Special Unit, Blue FP, Medal, Blueprint
Never Picking : Boost, Unit
Expected Daily specials : 3.1
This goes back to only slightly better chance than the first TD-only strategy in terms of likelihood to complete a pillar. But you are likely to if you wind up screwed at least walk out with having made a bunch of FP and maybe a few event buildings where the TD-only strat was likely to walk out with not much of anything.

Edit : ~17% Chance to Fail to complete Pillar for free

It is of course possible based on early results to switch strategies in midevent. I.e. you might start out with strategy 4 and once you have your 2 pillar upgrades switch to strategy 5 since you only need to maintain yardage at that point.

You get 1170 footballs from the first questline (including 90 at the beginning) + 1620 from the 2nd questline + 735-770 from daily autocompleted quests (I'm not sure if we get 35 footballs tomorrow, since it's half of the day). So 3525-3560. I don't know where you got 3400, maybe you forgot about the free 90 footballs in the beginning :)

DeletedUser4381

Not in my experience... I spent every football in the event trying to get the daily special, got the grand total of 0.

DeletedUser

I liked the event up to the point of rebalancing the amount of footballs for the coolers. For me it was an interesting challenge to make a decision, either to go for touchdowns or daily prices. To reach 5 touchdowns was not really unrealistic, no way after that change. To raise the chance of winning daily specials in return was rather marginal, to add the upgrade-kit to daily prices was just an additional aspect of casino. I see this rebalancing plain as nerf. From that point I played the event just to bring it to an end, the fun was pretty reduced, and I agree to some other comments, the event became a bit boring.

This seems to be a re-occurring theme here. Of course Inno tries to "force" play. They are here to make money and by "forcing" they hope to do exactly that. It's a simple philosophy. The choice, however, is 100% yours, whether to fall into the "Force" play trap or not. [...]

Undoubtedly, and that’s completely ok. The point is, we talk about spending RL money to buy diamonds, Innos legit aim.

I would like to leave my feedback here. I found that event very bad. Despite the resolution of all quests and the use of diamonds we got fro testing, I was unable to collect all the kits. Why does everything always follow the same random principle? Why always gambling ? [...]

I can't agree more. Compare that to RL:
I.e. I go to a shop to buy a TV set and don’t expect to get it for free. I do my choice and go to pay desk. Would anyone conceive the idea to dice there, whether I may take the TV set home after payment or get a random consolation price instead?

I have no problem to spend RL money for a game I like, but like in RL I want to know what I get for it. So gambling over and over again prevents me from buying diamonds. Sorry, Inno.

Final event result: Beside 2 upgrade-kits from touchdown 1 and 3 I got 2 additional upgrade-kits as daily price from 5 coolers by throwing in all the footballs I had saved up to the point the kit was offered the first time as special price, later I got not a single daily special again.

I see my complete pillar (well, in next era, saved 1 kit yet) on Beta as extremely luck and assume, this is hardly repeatable at my life worlds. I don’t buy diamonds there to force my luck, reason see above.

To own the final pillar here is nice, but it’s not the big excitement due to the circumstances of event and quest design also (including some missing alternatives to province and tech quests). Maybe I’ll not even finish the event on all worlds because the quests, but that’s an other topic.

To prevent some comments: no, I don’t want anything as a gift on a silver tray. I’m ready to work for results and am willing to spend some RL money too, but not for gambling. If there would be an event shop for 1-2 days at the end, where players could buy missing items for a firm price to reach the final event goal once, I’d pay for it, when the final item would be worth it for me - and the pillar on 6th or 7th level would be it.

DeletedUser4381

To prevent some comments: no, I don’t want anything as a gift on a silver tray. I’m ready to work for results and am willing to spend some RL money too, but not for gambling. If there would be an event shop for 1-2 days at the end, where players could buy missing items for a firm price to reach the final event goal once, I’d pay for it, when the final item would be worth it for me - and the pillar on 6th or 7th level would be it.

The bit in bold is the most important bit. I don't have problems buying things, but I won't gamble with real money for a virtual reward.

DeletedUser8277

I ended up really lucking out and getting the pillar to level 7. I won 2 upgrades when they were up for the daily prize and also spent diamonds. Without those I would have been stuck at 5 despite finishing the questline.

When it goes to live I will save all footballs for the day they are the daily as I won't be spending diamonds for this. It's a good prize but if I fail I'd rather just wait until there's a chance at them in DCs than spend money. Like it or not the introduction of DCs has substantially minimized the frenzy of using diamonds to collect rare buildings during the time they are briefly available.

With the required advancement I'm undecided if I will finish the questline on live. I have only a few techs I can research without changing eras and am already ahead on the Cmap. If it was more of a guarantee I would get to level 7 then it would be worth it to me like it was in Halloween, but with it still being a gamble I don't think it's going to be enough for me to push closer to the next era.

DeletedUser7378

forcing us to scout/acquire provinces every single event, not even counting the daily challenges --> so that logically advances us on cmap way ahead of our era. Then you ask us to negotiate when we don't even have the goods or even worse prometheum/orichalum

:(

DeletedUser5324

The attack bonus was reduced by one third (in OF).
I suppose the reduction was about the same in the other other eras.

DeletedUser

4% attack on 3x3 with road needed

great balancing compared to
4% on 1x1 for defence, no road (watchfires)

:eek:

urine luck

Baronet
6% was great. the problem is that people spent real money to buy them. some people spent a lot of money. they bought a product for x amount and have received something different that they would not have spent money on.