• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Andi47

Overlord
Hi

A daily quest of "Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expedition by negotiating" is unfair for those who have completed the Guild Quest and need to wait until next week when a new Guild Quest event opens. :(

I agree. Such quests should auto-complete if one has competed all levels of the GE which the guild has unlocked - or if the quest appears on a monday between the expedition.

Andi47

Overlord
The problem was identified and should be fixed today, so that the progress is not getting reset any more. Sorry about that.

Thanks!

Please give us a message when the bug is fixed and it will be save to spend apples again.

I like the Fall Event, looks a good mix and the new Daily Quest is quite decent as well.

One issue I do have though, is the percentages seem to be out of whack. In the FE, today's HoF is the 20% chance prize and all others 10% in the 135 apple basket. So far no HoF, I do however have 3 towers, 5 bp's and something else, plus in the smaller basket where the HoF is 10%, no joy either.

I would have expected that after 6 or 7 attempts at the 135 basket, at least one 20% chance would come up as opposed to all 10% prizes.
a 20% chance of winning a specific prize equates to a 79% chance of getting it at least once in 7 attempts. This means that out of every 100 people who have 7 attempts 21 of those people will be unsuccessful. Unlucky for the 21 but chests are a gamble and not a certainty :-(

DeletedUser8341

Could you specify what exactly seems confusing? I saw you indicated some parts of the event window before. Is the explanation in the info screen not sufficient (hit "?" in the top right corner of the event window)
It probably didn't help that I came from the announcement rather than the game, since I don't have the feature. Nevertheless, I will try to approach it with a fresh mind (to do so, I'm going to have to be a little bit dense but not very).

Apple Harvest
First sentence talks about gaining apples. OK.
Then there is a chance to plant an apple tree. Fine, apples come from apple trees.
But hang on, I need to collect apple trees that my friends have planted? Surely, I would get the trees from my enemies, so they don't get apples, and leave the trees I have so I get more apples?
I now realise that the reality is that I collect apples by, in effect, picking the entire tree. If this seems stupid to not be obvious, consider Spring Lanterns (I started just at the end of the Spring Event): did we pick the entire tree to get the lanterns? Is it normal to fell an entire fruit tree while collecting the fruit?​

Open baskets and get prizes
First sentence talks about opening baskets to get prizes. OK, I guess we'll come back to the apples.
Next sentence talks about a special reward every day. OK, I guess we'll come back to the baskets, and to the apples.
Next sentence talks about being able to buy timed rewards multiple times (I guess with coins or something but maybe this is where the apples come in?). Hang on, these timed rewards I can buy multiple times (which is it, do they appear at times, or can I get as many as I like?..) Have to be found [strike]multiple times[/strike] in the baskets first.
OK, so I somehow open baskets for prizes, (come back to the bit about special daily rewards) and when I have opened a basket I can buy 'rewards' (how is it a reward if I've bought it?) lots of times.
What about the special reward every day? Maybe that is the one I buy? Or the multiple-timed rewards? Let's see if the next bit clears it up..​

Cider Mill upgrade
(What Cider Mill? That wasn't mentioned before was it .. no .. but now we are talking of upgrading it!)
OK, a Cider Mill can be found in a basket (yeah, ignore the nonsense in that! hey this is a game) and/or from an event quest.
I need a special thing if I want to upgrade it.
I can get a Cider Mill from Griva's quest (no, that's not right, earlier it said from an event quest?).
I also have to unlock the Cider Mill using apples. But I get it as a special grand prize (what? not from event quest or Griva's quest?). (Maybe that 'special Grand Prize' is the 'special reward' above? .. No, that was a daily one.)

[Let's go back an re-read that. Maybe the 'it' is the upgrade item?]

OK, a Cider Mill can be found in a basket and/or from an event quest.
I need a special item to upgrade it (or is that the same as unlocking it?)
I can get a Cider Mill upgrade from Griva's quest (OK, that makes more sense).
I also have to unlock the Cider Mill Upgrade using apples. But I get it as a special grand prize (surely that must mean the Cider Mill, not the upgrade? Upgrades can't be 'special' can they?)
We never did come back to that special reward every day but maybe that will just be given me for playing .. or something ..

OK, I collect apples from Griva's questlines. I also get a Cider Mill (or upgrade?) that way, too.
I get apple trees from people planting them in my city (that's neat).
There are baskets I open. Oh, maybe that is the special daily reward: I get the reward to open the basket. There are two on that event screen, though. Let's have a look .. yes, two, and they have apples under them: that must be the way to open the basket each day, I spend apples .. that makes more sense.
I can also buy timed 'rewards' but I first have to find them in a basket. I guess I know what is in the basket by the picture under it. Yes, look, it has a lock. OK, so I open the basket for the day using apples if I want that item and then I can buy that item lots of times. Maybe I buy that with apples, too, or that could be where the apple trees I have collected come in?
Now, what anout that 'special Grand Prize'? Well, there is something called a special prize on the top left, and something called a Grand Prize on the top right. Hmm. I wonder what those are, and if one of them is the special grand prize.

Well, I have enough apples for the left basket and that will unlock a thing I don't have (it doesn't say what it is, though) so I will try it.. What? .. a silly motivation kit?!? Why? (Actually, I got the open-basket-and-nothing bug but we can ignore that.)
Hopefully, that will give you some pointers for both this event and future events. [It might not surprise you that I am a technical editor, capable of tearing into even a seasoned author's works. I like to think that the books that have resulted have been more accurate and the explanations clear. Normally, an author would have to pay well for the time I just put in but I will be happy if the game is improved as a result.]

DeletedUser8277

I don't think last year when we aided others we received apples as well. Could be mistaken, a year is too long for me to remember such things but if it is new this year I love that. Anything that encourages aiding is a big win in my book.

Also, Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 6.47.52 AM.png

I don't remember the event log telling you when a tree has been planted. I know others will complain about event log being overloaded but I think it's good that people not be made to hunt for possibly nothing *cough*incidents*cough*

DeletedUser7503

"I don't think last year when we aided others we received apples as well. Could be mistaken, a year is too long for me to remember such things but if it is new this year I love that." It was the same last year as it is this year.

Overall I like the look and feel of the event but I do find it boring since the prize offered isn't something i'm interested in. When I look at the prizes available I am dismayed since it seems improbable I can win what I want with so much junk thrown it. As it has been all year these events are becoming something I no longer look forward to and can't wait for them to pass. Because of that you have not succeeded in inducing me to spend money for diamonds, quite the contrary I will not purchase diamonds for the event like I have usually done in the past.

DeletedUser8324

I also had a reset of my bar, I had bought 3 large baskets, I lost 405 apples.
If a patch has been deployed, what happens to the missing apples from the Grand Prize bar?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
ahahaha - event (deservingly) nerfed. Looks like a fairly balanced event overall - only thought is the diamond price of apples is a bit high - given that the only thing someone really wants probably is a 20% chance of a daily special, it's about 3k diamonds per special on average. That should probably be about 2k.

DeletedUser8408

will there be a fix to the loss of apples in the progress bar? I didn't have many, but would be good to have them back.

DeletedUser16

If a patch has been deployed, what happens to the missing apples from the Grand Prize bar?
We're terribly sorry, but this progress is lost. We hope that this won't be too much of a setback for anyone.
Also, this will not happen once the event is released live, so you know... silver linings :).

And of course, more than anything else - thank you for reporting this problem!

DeletedUser1418

Progress main prize lost here as well... I filed a support ticket

DeletedUser7725

Is there a daily reset of the counter for the Grand Prize? Yesterday I fetched two big bascets, the counter was 270/1000.
Today I bought one, the counter shows only 135/1000 and not - as espacted - 405/1000.

Fairy Lily

Steward
Honestly I am very upset. I contacted support about the bug and their answer was nothing can be done about the lost apples towards the grand prize. I lost 405 apples while others lost even more!!! All the the work was done and because of a bug we lose everything and don't even get compensated for our apples at all!

I was so enjoying the event and just lost all the fun on it... I don't even want to do it anymore! :mad:

qaccy

Emperor
Ridiculous! I just lost 800+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about awarding the silly upgrade, even though it is more a downgrade.

Stuff like this is why it's the beta server. Be happy you get regular stimulus packages of free diamonds (this doesn't happen on regular servers) and get to see stuff when it's hot off the presses. In exchange you have to deal with bugs...which you then report, since this is a beta server. This sort of thing is to be expected here. You know why it's called the beta server, right?