• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

Excellent ways to make the event worse next year. With suggestions like that, you should be working for Inno.
I'll send in my resumé!

I can see why limiting the hoard of apples can be seen as bad but since this game is a game of war - or at least of battles - and attacking/plundering is openly encouraged, why is the idea of being able to raid neighbours for apples a bad idea?

qaccy

Emperor
Excellent ways to make the event worse next year. With suggestions like that, you should be working for Inno.

Objective feedback and creative suggestions tend to be better than whining about how the game isn't giving you golden tickets for every action you perform. But what about the rest of that post you skipped? You decided to comment on only two parts of it.

DeletedUser7239

My thoughts for next year.

Simplify things. Inno can data mine to confirm but I find few people are interested in the locked baskets, or understand them. Remove them, or make the item in the basket the same as the day's special, obtainable after paying to open a basket.

The three questlines is slightly confusing. One questline would suffice, with a large prize at ⅓ complete, ⅔ complete and completed.

Improve the paradigm. Get back to reality a little more. You don't uproot a tree when collecting its fruit. The tree planting method would need to change (possibly we all start with ten trees, no apples on them) and collections leave the tree but get the apples; apples are added through aiding as at present but not as a tree - they are added to existing trees. Apples can still go after 24 hours - they just drop off and rot (very quickly!)

Consider only being able to store a limited number of apples (300? 500?) in the baskets a player starts with. (Two more baskets could be bought for the event from the Tavern Shop.) This discourages hoarding too much and forces buying decisions.

Consider negative actions. Aiding gives a chance to add apples, so why shouldn't plundering give a chance to remove them. 'Scrumping' could even be offered as an alternative to plundering, bringing in between 10% and 30% of the apples on the trees at the time.

New building next year: apple pie shop?

Sorry , worst sugestions ever lol, even worst then the ones inno come up with.
They capped apples this year, increased basket priçe, and you said and i quote
"This discourages hoarding too much and forces buying decisions"
You really made me laught dude hahahaha they by now see the mess they made, i do not even believe they made that much revenue i just need to see around my live server to see that a few players made the last update to apple crusher, and you want to make it worst? xD

DeletedUser8341

Sorry , worst sugestions ever lol, even worst then the ones inno come up with.
They capped apples this year, increased basket priçe, and you said and i quote
You really made me laught dude hahahaha they by now see the mess they made, i do not even believe they made that much revenue i just need to see around my live server to see that a few players made the last update to apple crusher, and you want to make it worst? xD
Thank you for repeating my words. I'm sure people could read them in my post without you needing to quote them again. But just in case people want to read a partial sentence once more out of context:

I am so glad I made you laugh. Joy in little things is important.

Many players are holding back on upgrading Cider Mills until
a) they know the Cider Mill : upgrade ratio they end up with, so they can plan how far they upgrade and where the building will fit;
b) they have moved up an age, so that when they upgrade, the upgraded building will take on the advanced age.

No, I don't want to mke the event worst (sic). My suggestions are intended to improve the event. You have failed to illustrate why any one of them would not do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7239

Thank you for repeating my words. I'm sure people could read them in my post without you needing to quote them again. But just in case people want to read a partial sentence once more out of context:

I am so glad I made you laugh. Joy in little things is important.

Many players are holding back on upgrading Cider Mills until
a) they know the Cider Mill : upgrade ratio they end up with, so they can plan how far they upgrade and where the building will fit;
b) they have moved up an age, so that when they upgrade, the upgraded building will take on the advanced age.

No, I don't want to mke the event worst (sic). My suggestions are intended to improve the event. You have failed to illustrate why any one of them would not do so.

Oh yes, believe me you did make me laught.
So again.. and quoting..
""This discourages hoarding too much and forces buying decisions""
How exactly this improves the event? :D

Cardena

Squire
When now even players come up with such awfull ideas I may be able to accept that devs may sometimes play that came also (a little bit, but just a little bit)

Improve the paradigm. Get back to reality a little more. You don't uproot a tree when collecting its fruit. The tree planting method would need to change (possibly we all start with ten trees, no apples on them) and collections leave the tree but get the apples; apples are added through aiding as at present but not as a tree - they are added to existing trees. Apples can still go after 24 hours - they just drop off and rot (very quickly!) ....

Why do you think it is a good idea to get even fewer apples than this year? Because that is the effect of your idea.

Consider only being able to store a limited number of apples (300? 500?) in the baskets a player starts with. (Two more baskets could be bought for the event from the Tavern Shop.) This discourages hoarding too much and forces buying decisions. ....

Most players do not buy if you mean buying dias with this, and they do not buy no matter what the game does to encourage buying, they would at some point just leave the game. And that would be the end of the game, because without many non-dia players the game is most probable not the exiting for the dia players.

If you mean buying bascets, why is it a good idea to force players buying bascets when the main prize is not the prize they are looking for right now? Why is this an improvement? It would not force decisions, it would just force me to buy today, because my bascet is full. That would in fact diminish my possiblity to make a decision.

Either way, very bad idea in my eyes.

Consider negative actions. Aiding gives a chance to add apples, so why shouldn't plundering give a chance to remove them. 'Scrumping' could even be offered as an alternative to plundering, bringing in between 10% and 30% of the apples on the trees at the time.

Why do some people like ideas of harming their neigbourgs so much? Plundering is part of this game, yes, but it is limited to one building a day. Do not change that. There is already enough complaints about the plundering that can happen now. Why take the fun of the autumn event for peacefull players?

DeletedUser8341

Why do you think it is a good idea to get even fewer apples than this year? Because that is the effect of your idea.
I said nothing about how many apples are available, nor do I see why that need be the effect.
I don't care if there are more or less apples. What is important is the value of those apples - how many it takes on average to get the prizes. There could be ten times more or ten times fewer apples, so long as the spending also cost ten times more or ten times less.

Most players do not buy if you mean buying dias with this, and they do not buy no matter what the game does to encourage buying, they would at some point just leave the game. And that would be the end of the game, because without many non-dia players the game is most probable not the exiting for the dia players.
Thank you for the result of your data mining of Diamond purchases. I don't know what it has to do with my suggestions but, anyway, I am happy for Inno to compute how to earn most from the game .. so long as they think long-term.

If you mean buying bascets, why is it a good idea to force players buying bascets when the main prize is not the prize they are looking for right now? Why is this an improvement? It would not force decisions, it would just force me to buy today, because my bascet is full. That would in fact diminish my possiblity to make a decision.
Many comments appeared that people did not want to spend apples, or did not know if they should buy or not. My thinking was simply to 'push' these people into making a decision. As you imply, for those of us capable of thinking it through this wasn't good. Hence, my concept of being able to extend the storage (using currency I have never heard is in shortage by capable players).

It introduces even more complexity, though, and may be of no help. So it might not be a good idea.

Why do some people like ideas of harming their neigbourgs so much? Plundering is part of this game, yes, but it is limited to one building a day. Do not change that. There is already enough complaints about the plundering that can happen now. Why take the fun of the autumn event for peacefull players?
Never have I seen Inno declare that this is a game for those who want peace! Suggestions put forward to opt-out of being a target are always trashed. The 'Did you know' text has at least two prompts to attack and one for defence. The latest GB is now (after amendments) going to be a must have for attackers. There are at least two YouTube videos with Inno explaining why plundering is an essential part of the game

It isn't about "harming their neighbours so much". It is about building an Empire (kind-of) and using military force as part of that. Nonody is harmed by playing Forge of Empires.

Maybe you would prefer to have a building robbed than lose a few apples (or one, depending on how many we get). Maybe many players would prefer it the other way around. I think it offers an interesting twist to a battle-oriented game that encourages players to plunder.

Cardena

Squire
I said nothing about how many apples are available, nor do I see why that need be the effect.
I don't care if there are more or less apples. What is important is the value of those apples - how many it takes on average to get the prizes. There could be ten times more or ten times fewer apples, so long as the spending also cost ten times more or ten times less.

Your idea would give less apples (10 trees, when full no more apples until they are collected). I do not play FOE all day long.
And in my experience the price would not be reduced adequatly.

Many comments appeared that people did not want to spend apples, or did not know if they should buy or not. My thinking was simply to 'push' these people into making a decision. As you imply, for those of us capable of thinking it through this wasn't good. Hence, my concept of being able to extend the storage (using currency I have never heard is in shortage by capable players).

Many people like to make their decision making while talking to others, I suppose you put too much weight into this kind of talk. There is no need to push anybody. Most players do know, that apples not spend at the end are just wasted.

Anything from the tavern is time limited and during this time fills up a slot. I do need the slot for fighting bonus at the end of GE. So in my eyes this is a very bad idea.

Never have I seen Inno declare that this is a game for those who want peace! Suggestions put forward to opt-out of being a target are always trashed. The 'Did you know' text has at least two prompts to attack and one for defence. The latest GB is now (after amendments) going to be a must have for attackers. There are at least two YouTube videos with Inno explaining why plundering is an essential part of the game

It isn't about "harming their neighbours so much". It is about building an Empire (kind-of) and using military force as part of that. Nonody is harmed by playing Forge of Empires.

Maybe you would prefer to have a building robbed than lose a few apples (or one, depending on how many we get). Maybe many players would prefer it the other way around. I think it offers an interesting twist to a battle-oriented game that encourages players to plunder.

What have stealing apples to do with building an Empire?
As it is now, you can pretty well defend yourself against being plundered by collecting on time (or at least most of the time). And you want to be able to plunder all existing trees at one time? And don't think you are harming the play of your neigbours? It is a complete different behaviour than the plunder possibilities now.

And whether this play is advertised for peaceful playing or not, there are many peaceful players now. So the balance should not be disturbed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8341

Your idea would give less apples (10 trees, when full no more apples until they are collected). I do not play FOE all day long.
I still don't get where you are coming up with this .. unless you are applying some cap on the number of apples a tree can have. Hint: properly tended apple trees often have yields of over a hundred apples.

As it is now, you can pretty well defend yourself against being plundered by collecting on time (or at least most of the time). And you want to be able to plunder all existing trees at one time?
Right, I get that and understand the resistance based on that.
Perhaps it could be that a player who chose to scrump rather than plunder gained apples without the defender losing any. Not very realistic but it surely would be even better for those whose defenses failed them (increasingly likely with the introduction of the revamped and now very powerful Kraken). This would put more apples into circulation and be open to abuse .. problems I am happy to let Inno consider. I still like the idea of being able to steal apples (taking a chance there are some to steal) alongside the current plunder opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4381

Objective feedback and creative suggestions tend to be better than whining about how the game isn't giving you golden tickets for every action you perform. But what about the rest of that post you skipped? You decided to comment on only two parts of it.

Because I was replying specifically to the quoted "improvements", which would have a very clear effect of one player making another players game experience worse. A special event should be completely free of such actions.

Plus, please stop trying to make me into your own straw-man argument. I never requested golden tickets for everything, and if you care to check my posting history you'll find I do on occasion post long, thought-out and clearly explained feedback. It's gotten less though, as most of it is ignored by Inno.