• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8471

You actually get two cider mills (one after first and one after third series of quests. And everyone will get minimum of 4 upgrades - one after each second and third series of quests and 2 as grand prize which everyone will reach if you finish all three lines and if you motivate/collect apple trees daily. Trust me, everyone will.
You MIGHT get lucky and got third grand prize but I seriously doubt anyone would get that without diamonds, the math simply doesn't add up and you MIGHT get lucky to win more upgrades as daily special as well as more cider mills.

Prizes from quests: 1480 Apples
From Aiding: 48 max/day, which comes to 1152 over 24 days (assuming you have at least 80 on each list with no doubles)
From Trees: 2/Tree (minimum) assuming 240 players Aid back that's 2304 over 24 days.

Add that all up and you get 4936 Apples.

According to the wiki the grand prizes are at 1000, 1200, 1500 and 1800. Add that up and you get 5500.

The difference is 564 Apples needed to get the *Fourth* Grand Prize. That's an additional 23.5 Apples needed/day, and since Trees drop 2-5 Apples you would only need a couple of lucky trees to max out and obtain the Fourth Grand Prize.

So getting 6 upgrades is possible without spending Diamonds or winning from chests, but you would need to be lucky and pray all your list mates will Aid you back and plant enough trees. 5 upgrades are most certainly possible being heavily active.

jtrucker

Baronet
Yeah, that's an ideal situation, which will happen only to a few.. (I wrote that "you might get lucky")... My average is to get 6-10 trees per day at 2 apples/tree (counting 10 is easier:) = 240 trees in 10 days = 480 apples from trees (some of us work and can't come to the game more than once a day in the evening). And 38/day for aiding = 912 in 24 days (my guild is mostly part of my friends as well - for the taverns, so a lot of doubles in the list). thus 2 grand prizes guarantied. More possible, but not guaranteed.

DeletedUser7239

In my main server yesterday,there was many complaints in main chat about the theoretical "20%".
Players are feeling cheated, way to go :D

DeletedUser8461

There is a small problem for bronze age players. they can not donate 300, ..., 900 good to a Guild Treasury. And they also can not donate to Guild any goods above their era

The "donate goods" conditions are indeed not really achievable for Bronze Age players. However, those conditions are also not necessary - they're only included as alternatives to other conditions. Bronze Age players can research, or scout, or whatever the other condition is. :)

And here is a constructive feedback for the Devs, but it is too late, sorry about that. But you might use this message for next event with "around the city" collection of something:
It is very inconvenient and on laptop with touchpad instead of mouse right down annoying to have to move the cursor from clicking at the item (apple trees in this case) down to the middle of screen. It was mentioned at the new quest design as annoying to confirm quest cancelation in the middle of screen, but here it is much worse (clicking at the "OK" button), because of the amount of trees to click at in "all corners" of the screen. The confirmation windows SHOULD disappear when you click anywhere outside the window without moving the cursor on the OK button (same as any other message window or the tavern window does = this part of the code already exists, it just wasn't implemented at this particular window, which is pity...)

We'll keep this in mind. Something that might help you now though, is that you can use the ESC or ENTER keys to close reward windows. :)

In my main server yesterday,there was many complaints in main chat about the theoretical "20%".
Players are feeling cheated, way to go :D

Yeah, we always observe issues when it comes to probability and people's understanding of it, and we're not the only ones. :D Overall, having things be chance-based is a pretty interesting mechanic. It adds to excitement to success. It will of course also lead to disappointment, at times.

Something you may be interested in:
There are some offline games that actively mislead players about probability, because humans have a hard time actually understanding it. In the game I'm talking about, they make adjustments like a displayed 95% chance of success in reality getting calculated as a 99% chance. Similar on the "low" end of things (20% displayed, 8% used). They do this to avoid players feeling cheated by the game when their action that has a 95% chance of success, fails, and to avoid the case of players getting hurt "too often" by something that has a 20% chance of success.

DeletedUser5097

you both miss the point drakenidder and Lionhead

there should be atleast one price for everyone needs (in one of the baskets), not only for beginners
just a new created item, and everyone is happy, well not everyone, but atleast a better try as it now
Perhaps you missed also the point from RL, or never learned it.:p It's impossible to make
every person you encounter happy, but if you never learned it I'm realy glad for you.:) It works
the same with the game. No mater what the dev. team does, there is always something to improve
and always there are people how are not happy. Anyways Reno kits, one up kits are in general for
every player usefull. Since many usefull event buildings don't grow with your age (exceptions are
WW and victory tower). In both baskets are dailly prizes and they switch everyday. So sure not
every day there is something that every one wants, but thanks to the dailly prizes I think it might
be possible for every one to get what she/he wants.:)
Back to the topic, I wonder what is for every one usefull. Since that must make event much better,
except diamonds because if they do that the game will go down :p like Kartuga and Lagoonia.xd
I mean if SoK's aren't usefull and even reno/one up kits not... what might it be...

I'm well aware that at some point advanced players don't need any event building. Since there city
has been developt well and all space has been used for what they find usefull. A player how did
everything to get buildings that produce fp's find them now useless since he can get with a high
lvl Arc as many fp's he wants. So at some point only reno/one up kits might be usefull, but if even
they are useless for a fully developt city, what might be usefull...

Just a bit offtopic, but I would like to make a side note. It reminds me of a Dutch song, where
''there are people, they ask everything, some people just ask something. You have choise people
they don't have wishes.'' This was by the way translated, because there is no Englisch version
of it, sorry.:p It reminds me of this discussion, making it impossible to make every one happy.
If you wanted to know the name of the song, it's ''Henk Temming - Ik vraag aan Sinterklaas een
heel gelukkig kerstfeest'' translated, ''Henk Temming - I ask to Sinterklaas a very happy christmass.''
From a heavely misunderstood childs party thanks to poor research, bullies and foughts without
real facts, but they are fixing it.xd Taking down all the arguments against it by changing it more
to the wishes of the world. The song is from a age long before that did happens.

DeletedUser7239

The "donate goods" conditions are indeed not really achievable for Bronze Age players. However, those conditions are also not necessary - they're only included as alternatives to other conditions. Bronze Age players can research, or scout, or whatever the other condition is. :)

We'll keep this in mind. Something that might help you now though, is that you can use the ESC or ENTER keys to close reward windows. :)

Yeah, we always observe issues when it comes to probability and people's understanding of it, and we're not the only ones. :D Overall, having things be chance-based is a pretty interesting mechanic. It adds to excitement to success. It will of course also lead to disappointment, at times.

Something you may be interested in:
There are some offline games that actively mislead players about probability, because humans have a hard time actually understanding it. In the game I'm talking about, they make adjustments like a displayed 95% chance of success in reality getting calculated as a 99% chance. Similar on the "low" end of things (20% displayed, 8% used). They do this to avoid players feeling cheated by the game when their action that has a 95% chance of success, fails, and to avoid the case of players getting hurt "too often" by something that has a 20% chance of success.

Hi, in this case it means you guys (devs) changed the "non real %" to the real chance? hmmm if thats what you did, it was a bad move, because even as we speak people are getting mad at you guys lol
And a advice:
When people spend lets say 20€ and get crap prizes, this sentence"Overall, having things be chance-based is a pretty interesting mechanic." means = 0 :)

DeletedUser8461

Hi, in this case it means you guys (devs) changed the "non real %" to the real chance? hmmm if thats what you did, it was a bad move, because even as we speak people are getting mad at you guys lol
No. Whenever we display chances, we're displaying the real chance. I was just providing an example of what some other games have done to overcome the issue of probability not being understood.

DeletedUser7239

No. Whenever we display chances, we're displaying the real chance. I was just providing an example of what some other games have done to overcome the issue of probability not being understood.

In this case you devs shoud have put a more friendly chance to players, from what i have been reading, it is almost impossible to get good prizes.

qaccy

Emperor
In this case you devs shoud have put a more friendly chance to players, from what i have been reading, it is almost impossible to get good prizes.

Yes, I'm sure you'd like it if you could never actually 'lose' in a random event. Apples are obtained essentially for free, so anything you get from this event is stuff you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. You actually seem to be falling pretty squarely in the group of people who @Robert is saying don't understand probability.

DeletedUser7951

What are good prizes ?
For me a wishing well is the biggest rubbish in the chest (when it's offered), others want nothing but those wells. Some love victory towers. When I was a young city on live I liked the watchtowers, since then I've deleted most of them. I like the reno-kits, and ofc the sok. But we can't have just SoKs, that would ruin the excitement and the balance of the game if they came too easily. I like the cider mills, the upgrade does belong in there. I'm not going to build a observatory here on beta, but so many others really want one (due to clan requirements). I could go on. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

DeletedUser7239

Yes, I'm sure you'd like it if you could never actually 'lose' in a random event. Apples are obtained essentially for free, so anything you get from this event is stuff you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. You actually seem to be falling pretty squarely in the group of people who @Robert is saying don't understand probability.
Yeah yeah say that especially when you invest €€€ and gain nothing...go tell your history to those who gain nothing and tell me how they reacted.
i know very well probability especially when i work with destructive testing(hardness testing if your interested in..), and thats why i say what i said
Good prizes are: SOK, HOF, And Rogue hideouts.

jtrucker

Baronet
BUG REPORT!!
Or rather translation error. I'm playing live on Czech server and when you get apple tree with 5 apples (rarely, but still you get it sometimes), the "5 apples" in Czech is "5 jablek" while the window says "5 FAL|jablek"
see the screenshot:
http://prntscr.com/gj3ii8
Dunno if it is worth fixing, but it is worth reporting :)
Thx

DeletedUser

BUG REPORT!!
Or rather translation error. I'm playing live on Czech server and when you get apple tree with 5 apples (rarely, but still you get it sometimes), the "5 apples" in Czech is "5 jablek" while the window says "5 FAL|jablek"
see the screenshot:
Thx
should be reported in the czech forum

The problem is that player 1 might be unlucky in an event, whereas his rival player 2 might get lucky and get ahead undeservedly.

Yes, we would like to 'never lose' in a random event, because they should be non-random: shops in which you buy the prizes you want and nothing else.

DeletedUser7059

BUG REPORT!!
see the screenshot:
Thx

This problem has been reportet on CZ forum about... 4times? Maybe more? :D
Support know about this problem yet and they hopefully solve it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5160

Final day gave us Caravans. Was expecting the cider mill upgrade kit at least one more time. This was a terrible event. An upgrade kit is not worth 40 USD in apples.

podkap1970

Emperor
Final day gave us Caravans. Was expecting the cider mill upgrade kit at least one more time. This was a terrible event. An upgrade kit is not worth 40 USD in apples.
what do you expect from a Fail event ? :)
a 'super' daily special prize at the end of the event, and this for 2 days

you guys are so sad, but it was expected
now i need 112 apples for a 3rd Cider Mill upgrade (i have a fully upgraded one already)
but for a Carcavansery i'm not spending 600 diamonds here on beta, even i do have it

i think i got better prices out of the daily challenge, as from the Fail Event
there i got 50 FPs (many 10's aswell), a champion's Retreat, a Rogue Hideout and a cherry garden set piece

now lets see your Incidents statistics, how many players still do pick up those after the Fail Event is over :)

DeletedUser8341

Good prizes are: SOK, HOF, And Rogue hideouts.
Moderate prizes are SoKs
Unwanted prizes are Rogue Hideouts
I don't even know what a HOF is.
Highly desired prizes are reno kits, with upgrade kits a close second.

Don't you get it yet? Everyone has their own priorities. With a database of thousands of players to draw statistics from, I presume Inno look at the statistics of which buildings are used, which are in towns right now, which are sitting in Inventories. Why do you suppose they come up with 'build 10 decorations' - it certainly won't be because they think every town wants another 10 decorations (which no town should have, except possibly Bronze Age newbies) but rather because they know most of us have ten decorations sitting in our Inventories unused.

DeletedUser7942

because humans have a hard time actually understanding it
you don't say, lol. Just do one better than those other games and give every player who posts there's conspiracy in the numbers a pity prize at the end, would save me a lot of grief;)