• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8134

I'm sure this has been mentioned but just in case. The research Tech/Scout Province/Acquire Sectors/Conquer Provinces shouldn't be in the daily quest without alternatives if you want people to play the daily challenges. Those are too valuable of events to waste on mediocre daily/weekly prizes.

Also, I would avoid things that can only happen every 24 hours like visit taverns or aiding friends. If you really want to play these challenges, you basically will stop doing those things in case the next challenge is one of those events.

As far as scale goes, I'm playing Beta in the Iron Age, some of the things seem a bit high like visit 40 taverns. Most Iron Age players will be new and they may not even have 40 friends yet. Spend 1500 Tavern Silver is a lot of silver for the Iron Age.

DeletedUser8373

Not sure if it was intentional or not but when I missed one daily challenge (didn't choose the chest at all, I couldn't log in that day) my "7 in a row" counter didn't reset.

DeletedUser5097

Not sure if it was intentional or not but when I missed one daily challenge (didn't choose the chest at all, I couldn't log in that day) my "7 in a row" counter didn't reset.
I think that's not normal. I think you can send a support ticket.

When I started this game

Also when I started was nothing, not event global chat..Still everything I said remains valid, JUST go on Romanian srv and look all those players in early middle ages with Tha Arc lvl 80 and more another GB and special buildings !!

I wrote here thinking that this problem would find solution or at least an intention.. I was wrong. Thanks for nothing, me and most of the veterans on Romainan server.

In the future you will realize that these imbalances are too deep to be ignored, it will be too late.

A good evening for everyone, after 5 years I quit and I will not be alone !
Don't be mad, the problem is for sure under intention. Just read this topic, where it's all about the problem that you pointed
out perfectly.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gbs-and-eras-dislike-and-suggestion.7827/
I'm aware of ballance problems in the game, caused by GB's and I think Inno too. Since they decided to not release
the second OF GB's because of the impact of GB's on the game in general. It might be already too late to stop it,
like the PvP ballance 90% attack vs 60% and almost limetless defensive boost from watchfires. The Arc just did make
a problem with massive GB's bigger, by making it eassier to achieve high GB lvl's.
So far I know the major ballance problems with GB's started after the cap of lvl 10 was gone. Before it was just the
PvP ballance that was gone by introducing watchfires and the GB's. Later on when GB's where able to grow endless
strong, in the current days, mayor problems with ballance come with OP high lvl GB's. Inno attempted to prevent it
with small steps with the bonusses above lvl 10, but time learned that it's not enough, as you pointed out. For example
Alcatraz was OP in eurly development on Béta, but was nerfed to what it is today and that was good, but with endless
levels, it's possible that Alcatrazz gain the same OP stats and far beyond.
A cap on the highest possible powerfull bonusses are maybe the sollution. When you acieved that point, no mater how
high the lvl of your GB will become, it will not be able to acieve stronger stats, just points and points don't fight nor boost.
Simelar with lvl 10 cap. For Alcatrazz it would probaly a cap on X units/day, but endless more happines would not hurt,
right? Do you think that's a sollution in the long run? or do you have a much better sollution?
About the events, I'm not sure how event buildigs can bring new players in disadvantage. Perhaps they where buyed
with lots of diamonds, during Summer Event.

By the way, I don't mean anything offensive.:) So pleas don't be anger on me, I try to understand you
and to think with you to a sollution to improve the game. So Inno might be able to work on the
problem with our feedback.

Why would the chance of getting an aid quest or a visit quest the following day prevent a player from aiding or visiting today?
If you aid somebody at 8pm today you can aid that same person again at 8pm tomorrow, which would be within the 24 hour period we would be given to complete the challenge if that one did occur.

If the prize for completing a challenge isn't worth doing whatever the challenge asks you to do to earn it then don't do it. Everybody has the option of simply ignoring the daily challenge and just carrying on as they did before it came out if they believe it will adversely affect the way they run their cities. By simply ignoring a feature today that you didn't have last week you are no worse off than you were last week without it.

Personally I like getting challenges from the game that make me have to work to do them. I loved the fact that I couldn't fight all the way to the end of level 4 GE when it came out even with my main fighting city, it gave me something to aim for, and I got a feeling of having actually achieved something when I did finally manage it (the negotiating option was always too easy with the tavern boost for a 4th turn though)

DeletedUser8381

Cool, thanks for sharing the mission.:) My today's challange is

Contribute 27 fp's in a GB
Activate 3 boosts in friends tavern
Finish 12 8h productions in a production building
Collect 75 goods

Just for extra large suplie package, intressting enough the cheast does said: ''A lot of suplies'' let we hope it.:) It's
by the way OF.
Do you mean with the chest filled with shrines 100% change on a SoK? That would be extremely good
news.:)

For the GB's, see this topic and a long discussion. Somwhere the reason for the GB's
has been said.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gbs-and-eras-dislike-and-suggestion.7827/

Well, I agree that challanges are been given pretty eurly in the game (Iron age) and that the new players are
getting pretty much new stuff in a short amount of time. Personal I think in a to short time. I think challanges
would be better at the end of Iron age / begin Eurly Middle Ages. Not because they would get more changes
to get some good stuff.
Just look, when I started to play there where not even GB's, no GvG, no GE, no tavern, no just the core
game and even with that there was much to do. Besides that now new players does have all this good stuff,
but you no what my greater advantage is, as a older player? Time, the time within I developt a strong city,
time to built up strong GB's and let them grow strong, time to collect powerfull event stuff. So that they are
able to get some of this good things eurly is fine for me, even challanges to motivate them to playing the
game and grow stronger.
Personal I don't see beeing end OF part 3 is a disadvantage. It's pretty nice, I does have many units
with I can strike, many strong GB's that makes me stronger and many changes for event buildings how
are at the strongest point in OF. For example anny event building that gives attack boost is at the highest
point in OF. Yes it's true that GE isn't a walk in the park for me, but I can use event buildings with the
best stats of the complete game, I can use anny unit of the game, I can get anny good of any age that
I want without 3th parties. If that isn't a advantage...
but just keep in mind that this is just how I think, I agree that players how don't have old players that give
goods from any wanted age to get a GB very eurly in game, are in a disadvantage, but there is no real
way to prevent it from happening. Since when that will been prevented, new players after that are not able
to take the same advantage and are on that way also in a great disadvantage...
The shrines box of had all of the different shrines in it with different percentages. :)

DeletedUser5526

Hi.
I'm very upset.

Today I got the task "Visit 60 taverns", and I understand that this is unrealistic.

To complete the assignment, you need to have 80 friends and all of them must be active within 24 hours. On Saturday. :)

Impossible to fulfill this, given most people don't care much any more on cleaning their tavern often... Got this and with 85 friends could only do 34 visits...

SergeB1

Squire
2Tg6p7.jpg

INNO, are you kidding? 72 15-min production??? What is this? Anyone from Inno team, please, answer honestly: do you have in your city only blacksmiths?

DeletedUser6590

Just a thought on the "sit in 60 taverns" task - if you're going to include a task like this then you need to do away with the limitation of deleting/adding new friends and the time limit....if I only have 12-18 hours to complete this task (based on when I log in and check the daily quest) the chances I'm going to have nearly my entire friends list taverns available to sit at are nearly nil. Even if I had my friends list maxed out you're asking me to hope for at least 50% of my friends list taverns to be available in at best 18-24 hours and in reality probably more like 12-15 hours - not a high percentage of probability there.

Sucks to have this quest pop up when you're on a streak of several days towards the weekly goal only to feel like you're running straight on into a brick wall. Hope you alter this before it goes live.

DeletedUser7473

Hi, I got a question:

I have seen that there are tasks like "Solve X (further) encounters in GE (by negotiating)."
Now my question:

Was it at the very least programmed that this kind of task for GE encounters will NOT appear on Monday?

As I see it the daily challenges changes at the same time the GE will end on Monday and again when the next GE will start on Tuesday.
So if that kind of GE task appears on Monday you cannot solve it no matter what unless it will count as auto-completed on Monday by default.

DeletedUser7043

3 Daily Challenge:
First acceptable:
Spend 24 FP
Collect 180000 Supplies
Win 2 Battles
Mo/Po 60
Collect 82500 Gold

Prize:

Medals Package
5%
5%
10%
20%
60% 2400 Medals

So a challenge that can be solved and have a usefull prize.

DeletedUser

INNO, are you kidding? 72 15-min production??? What is this? Anyone from Inno team, please, answer honestly: do you have in your city only blacksmiths?
at least players can do it if they decide to do it

visiting 20 taverns with only a few more friends is impossible
I tried. add over 20 more people to the list
but all taverns said: come back in 24 hours

other need to visit 60 and fail ?

so how high will it if you have 100 friends (so many I have on live server)? visit 80 taverns ?

I will be discussing with the higher ups that some of these requirements are a bit unrealistic, and at the extremes near impossible for most players.
near impossible ?

negotiate 4 GE in a row without failing in level 4 is an easy one compared to the taverns (simply use diamonds).
but visiting almost 90% of the taverns of your friends is impossible (no way to buy out with diamonds)

Hi, I got a question:

I have seen that there are tasks like "Solve X (further) encounters in GE (by negotiating)."
Now my question:

Was it at the very least programmed that this kind of task for GE encounters will NOT appear on Monday?

As I see it the daily challenges changes at the same time the GE will end on Monday and again when the next GE will start on Tuesday.
So if that kind of GE task appears on Monday you cannot solve it no matter what unless it will count as auto-completed on Monday by default.
sure:
or else you can post a bug report
(but you have really problems: concerning about quests you didn't even get yet)

but is it a bug if it impossible to visit 20 taverns ?

DeletedUser

btw InnoGames
ever thought of finishing a quest condition with diamonds ?

other games have that
if a player can't or don't want to do a part they pay with premium currency and then it is done

DeletedUser8324

Completing 5 quests is not realistic!

Daily Challenges 4.jpg

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-08-20 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7059

I propose:
-Change starting time from 8:00 to 0:00 server time.
-Dont give unpossible challenges. It could be challenge, but not pre-death mission.
For example, ask from player with 40 frends to visit 60 taverns. (especialy with 24hours waiting until you can visit sometimes tavern)
-Change % in challengers chest. Quest are hard enough and compleat it 7 days in round is hard tryal. But why even try, if only 2 from 6 reward are wulnerable for me, and those 2 have only 7% chance? So i proposal rebalancing this chast to 20% chance to each reward.

DeletedUser7059

It is easy, if you have repeating quest. If have someone normal quests, it could be sometimes unpossible.
So, same what i write about taverns. It could be balanced to every player "to shirt".
For example, if he have repeating quest, he can get "solve XY quest" quest. If have someone normal quests, he could not get these challenge.

Completing 5 quests is not realistic!
I don't want to encourage this horrible monstrosity feature, but cant you do some of the pay X coin/supply quests over and over? At worst you're out 6M supplies/5M coin in OF. In an early era you could have the collect X coin/supply quests up and then build/delete a few big cultural buildings. Or maybe just wait until your daily collections and knock it out.

I am avidly going to discourage my live guild/friends not to do these daily tasks if impossible quests (scouting/research) remain on the board with no alternatives. :mad::mad::mad: