• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8304

Hi

The daily quest of "Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expedition by negotiating" is unfair for those who have completed the Guild Quest and need to wait until next week when a new Guild Quest event opens.

So to PLAN B - I have spent my diamonds donating lots of goods to the Guild treasury, and have requested the guild leader (by message) to open up next level of Guild expedition so I can complete new encounters.

The issue remains that the quest is unfair because now the completion of this daily quest is now totally outside my control. I need help from a third party (Guild Leader) and I have been waiting for hours now for my guild leader to unlock the next level.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 3.11.01 AM.png

I managed to do yesterdays 'easy' quest, just skirted in under the wire.

Today's is Visit 20 Taverns. I have 22 friends on beta. When I try to add more I need to wait 24 hours to visit a tavern. For some this is impossible, for me it is highly improbable as it requires 20/22 of my friends to be active and clear their tavern within the next 24 hours. I cannot control what my in game friends do.

For an event it's a fine quest. I can wait out the clock on new friends, wait until I can visit the same people twice etc. For this it does not work. So very much of this does not work. The only way it will work is if actions you have done during the week count towards your weekly challenges. All these are are punishments for doing what you were supposed to be doing aiding/visiting taverns, GE etc. These only work to reward those who only do their part in the game when there is a personal reward in it for them and will only assist in turning more players onto a selfish style of game play.

Why not make 7 hard quests, all visable at the start of the week. Each with it's own probability for rewards same as this, and if you complete all 7 you get a shot at the last chest. By having them load all at once one can see what is coming and plan and they also do not need to stop doing everything in game to 'wait' for a challenge to tell them so. They can finish each challenge/quest at their ability in whatever order they chose. This takes away the 8AM thing and takes away most of the problems with this system.

DeletedUser8404

"Finish 45 5-min productions"...and make your LoA completely useless for production boosts that day unless you save all 45 of those until after you've exhausted any production boosts on the "real" production (or know you won't need them until the next day).

Then, of course, you have to sit there and babysit those large numbers of 5-min productions. For a heavy quester, that's probably somewhere between 1-3 repetitions, depending on the age and size of their city. For more organic players, that's a lot more. Even as a heavy quester, between Daily Challenges and the Fall Event, my beta city has suddenly developed a need for a sizeable bank of Blacksmiths that do diddly squat most of the time, just so I don't have to interrupt the main once-a-day production buildings that form the core of my play strategy. Sure, I could do the productions with my main buildings in between cycles, but I had a situation earlier today where the challenge wanted some inordinate number of 5-min builds and the event wanted a not-insignificant amount of 15-min builds. Those would've taken probably an hour, even with large numbers of production buildings available. I can only imagine the non-heavy quester. We have better things to do than sit at our games re-activating production buildings constantly.

Overall opinion of the Daily Challenges: interesting idea, and I love having access to some of the buildings that are harder to get for newer players, but it's nowhere near ready for production. Quests are too unbalanced and poorly thought out as to how they'll affect the rest of the game.

DeletedUser4176

For a daily quest it can be difficult to solve it.
But for me it makes no sense to have a quest you do not even have a chance to fulfill within 24 hours.

"Research a technology"
Yesterday i solved it as part of the event. There it is okay. You can exchange goods, produce orichalcum and fulfill the quest in a couple of days.

Today I have 0 % of chance to solve the daily quest. You can't get the required goods and produce as much orichalcum to fulfill the quest in 24 hours.

Calijnaar

Farmer
Given the amount of planning most of these quests require starting them at 8am seems like a safe way to ensure that a lot of people will only be able to do them on the weekend. This way I will most often have to start the quest in the evening at will auto-fail anything that requires long production times. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this problem.

DeletedUser8128

I have tested enough (3/7 with crap rewards) to realize, that the daily challenges in its current state are totally waste of time. There is no new or interesting thing or reward in this "so called" feature. I have suggested some ideas in a previous post in this thread

SergeB1

Squire
View attachment 2529

Today's is Visit 20 Taverns. I have 22 friends on beta. When I try to add more I need to wait 24 hours to visit a tavern. For some this is impossible, for me it is highly improbable as it requires 20/22 of my friends to be active and clear their tavern within the next 24 hours. I cannot control what my in game friends do.

The same. How could I control what my friends are doing? My quest is visit 60 taverns of 72 friends I have. Manda the first has to visit 20 of 22. It's 80-90% of taverns. Sure its possible to conclude, theoretically, but it depends not on your ability to play but on your friends presence in game, even more: your presence in the game at the time your friends are emptying their taverns... Make it more realistic, or as you like write here balanced, like 50% of friends taverns.

Last edited:

SergeB1

Squire
Given the amount of planning most of these quests require starting them at 8am seems like a safe way to ensure that a lot of people will only be able to do them on the weekend. This way I will most often have to start the quest in the evening at will auto-fail anything that requires long production times. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this problem.
Yes, yes, yes!
Also please not forget that we are all from very different time zones and not only on Beta, if you introduce it on live servers the same issue, first and foremost, will be for US and RU servers.

Cardena

Squire
Well starting at 8:00 am is not possible for most people who are going to work. Those daily challenges only work for people not going to work.
A weekly challenge would be much better.

And a better idea than chest where we have to gamble for the item we would like to have, what about getting something like tickets that than could be changed into the item one want. Of course not 1 ticket for 1 item, so you would have to collect tickets to get the item you really want. But now, most of the wins will just be garbage for most players (of course for every player something different, but nonetheless) not my idea, seen here: https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com...d-vorsicht-spoiler.19774/page-206#post-219788

Last edited:

DeletedUser7703

3rd day here and already starting to become a chore and something I'm not looking forward to, when this goes live I will be blocking the challenge chest out of my mind and only doing the daily quest when it suits me. Probably doesn't help that todays task was negotiating sectors, I kind of understand that you want to make it a challenge but really think that you would be better putting up 5-10 challenges and it complete when 3 are done.

Overall I think this feature dilutes the Forge of Empires brand, what most people are asking for are less historical questlines and instead you have given us more via this feature (in my mind these are daily mini questlines). I think the team needs to employ someone who can think of some different interesting gameplay that can be added, rather than rehashing what is already in game.

Tavern, Incidents, achievements and daily challenges could of been really good features but in my opinion they are only half baked.

If i was in charge of the dev team at Inno I would force them all to have a day off ( paid :eek: ), find a game they like playing, then they would need to a mini report on one feature that could be implemented into forge of empires. You then boil these ideas down over time so the less interesting ones/ or ones that don't fit the game so well are put into archive and the interesting ideas that are a good fit make it into the game.

Users complain about being forced to do scouting/research quests.
Force the users to do those quests every day forever.

I was unaware the devs for Inno were SADISTS!!!

Andi47

Overlord
2 thumbs down!

View attachment 2527

3 hours left. Time to sleep & 0 chance to find 7 more available taverns! Will now give up on this futile exercise on day 2.

Also see no FPs awarded for AIDing 140 friends.

As I stated in the Fall event thread - and here it is even more urgent than with an Event where I have enough time to complete such quests:

Quests of the following types
1.) scout/conquer a province
2.) infiltrate / conquer / buy x sectors
3.) polivate x buildings
4.) visit x taverns
5.) finish / fight / negotiate x encounters in GE
6.) research a tech

should auto-complete if there are no more provinces / sectors / buildings / taverns / encounters available.

some explanations (some of them are already part of the "reflection about quest and event feedback"):

1.) Some people want to stay some time in a certain age (e.g. to collect enough goods for proceeding or to level up their GBs first, etc...) - please don't force them to proceed to the next era! (same with 6.!)
2.) same as 1.) - and especially in Arctic and Oceanic future it might be hard to collect enough goods for buying sectors - you need to have 7+ goods buildings (or terrace farms doing only goods productions) or do hardcore-loop-questing to have enough goods for keeping the harbor running....
3.) well... I have seen this on with many events: People do much LESS polivating during events (need to build more cultural buildings during events to keep my cities enthusiastic) to stay prepared for eventual next "polivate 20 buildings" quests. PLEASE auto-complete such quests, if the whole hood/guild/frinds list are polivated (e.g. add a "...or have all your neighbours/guildmates/friends polivated alternative)
4.) same with 3: Today I got stuck for a few hours with the event, because I did a tavern round for the daily challenge and another one during my daily polivating round yesterday - so I was not able to find 10 free taverns for hours. Not a huge problem (but a nuisance, because people might hold off from visiting taverns to stay prepared for daily challanges and event quests) for the event quest - but if this happens with a daily challenge, it might be a bad situation. Please auto-complete such quests, if no more tavern is available for visiting.
5.) Smaller guilds might not unlock GE levels 2, 3 or 4; and so, it is likely that people end up with having no more encounters available to solve. And on Monday there is no GE at all. So please auto-complete this quest-type if the player has no more GE encounters available for fighting/negotiating.
6.) well, similar to 1.) people might want to stay in their current era - or they just have finished a tech, and the next one costs 150 forgepoints and 260 Promethium. Well, he/she can probably buy the FP with coins, but where to get the promethium from (if he/she just unlocked the harbor, and the Harbor has collected only 120 Promethium so far...)

BTW: Please NEVER give a "finish encounters in GE" quest on Monday!!

BTW2: @innogames are you aware, that an "activate 3 tavern boosts" quest is actually a "spend 150 diamonds" quest? With an already activated boost, this is a problem - people will either have to spend lots of diamonds for such quests, or will never dare to activate their favorite boosts (such as 30% attack when doing GE, or 75% building-time boost when restructuring their city) in order to stay prepared for a "activate 3 tavern boost" daily challange

DeletedUser5955

2Tg6p7.jpg
THATS A JOKE FOR A DAILY CHALLANGE!!! - since im a player and IM NOT A NO-LIFER i cant finish this!!!!!!!!

so u8 either make features with no rewards at all (captain) or u make features not solvable for normal person! - THE MORE U DEVELOP THIS GAME THE MORE UNPLAYABLE IT BECOMES!

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-08-20 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

Andi47

Overlord
Could you elaborate on this a bit? How does this disturb the flow exactly?
Thanks! :)

Some quests do REALLY break the game flow (as stated in my posting above), because the game is now all about staying prepared for the next daily challenge, so always keeping a tech to research, never activate a long-lasting tavern boost (to save 150 diamonds when the next "activate 3 tavern boosts" quest is coming), slowing down with the campaign map to keep some sectors / provinces available (and paying diamonds anyway for "scout province" and "infiltrate 5 sectors" quests, because the scout takes more than one day in higher eras), no more polivating / visiting taverns until the daily quest tells us to do so, holding back with Guild expedition for being able to solve "finish 12 encounters" quests, etc.

So some types of quest conditions SHOULD autocomplete as stated here, if someone did not stop "normal playing" (i.e. stop polivating / visiting taverns, stop doing GE, etc.) for being prepared....

Edit: and "finish 75(!!!) 15-minutes productions" or "finish 25 8-hour-productions" quests are also affecting the game flow - you need always to keep up a dozen blacksmiths - many players prefer to use the space for more efficient buildings...

Last edited:

DeletedUser7942

Just my opinion and I know for some players this type of thing is good for them and I'm not knocking it, or incidents or events but none of these things is why I came to this game nor why I stay, I came for the challenge that comes with what it takes to be part of a competitive Guild mainly in GvG, GE is okay more like a bowling tournament though not nearly the effort needed relative to GvG. It's the group cohesion, working together against other players doing the same that makes this game at times exciting, fun, a pita, a struggle etc.

Everything else like this feature is fine and I think it's good to have many different things in a game to do if one wishes but to me it's just something to do in the meantime of my GvG affairs and city building so if I can do it, okay, if I can't, no skin off my back. I just hope soon Inno does something more like GvG/PvP where more and more players are interacting with each other in some direct fun way rather than pressing an aid button or sitting in a chair.

DeletedUser5555

Hi all !! new and old players and BETA staff.

I have some issues to clarify if that wold be possible. I want to mention that this is not a singular opinion !!

This daily quest line is e verry good idea, BUT I think (and more other old players) this is a series of quest which should not be given to new players ! Why do I/ they say that? Simple, is an huge opportunity for them (new players) to have an easier method to receive special buildings ! This is one major opportunity for them..which is not correct for old players !

Two.. GB ... why a player in the middle ages can have The Arc in the citty and another GB from superior ages ?? why ?? Is not correct for christ's sake !! And why a player in iron age for exemple cand do trade with goods from a superior epoch ??? Like oceanic future not early middle ages !

I understand that all players must have a chance to evolve BUT some adjustments must be made.

I play this game from the beginning (not here on beta) and I met A LOT of "new players" in first 5-6 ages..with a stunning city. How do they do that? Simple again, they spend a lot of time taking advantage of everything I said above, and not doing research, simply is not fair ! They remain at a certain age ( every time is a small epoch ) and they grow 1-2-3 GB form superior age, this is correct ? I ask everyone except for new players !

Also I ask BETA staff if they can do something because on my server/ country this problem has grown and unfortunately the staff does not care about this ! They do not really listen to us and treats the whole problem as if it were a minor one, which is not.

These being said being in the last era on the game is a major disadvantage now.

I want to thank everyone who had the patience to read to the end. But this is an alarm signal, on the Romanian server things tend to take a bad turn. :(

DeletedUser8119

Managed 56/60 tavern visits in 24 hrs so no prize for me. However, I have now realised I it is 7 days in a row to win the weekly prize so it resets to 0/7 when you don't complete a challenge. Could be made clearer in the blurb as I thought if you failed to complete one of the seven you had to wait until the end for it to restart, not the case it seems. I think I need better friends if this challenge comes up again :(

DeletedUser8381

Yesterday's chest options included one full of shrines, so I opted for that one. (I'm EMA on beta)

Quests:
Complete 3 other quests
Collect 6200 supplies
Contribute 6fp to GB
Activate 2 tavern boosts

I finished that In 15 minutes. The day before, I spent e whole day trying to fill the quests, and failed because I dared to fall asleep. The day before that was an impossible quest set and I could not complete it. (I've been listing my quests daily in this thread)

Today's choices were a chest of a bunch of fp and a champions' chest. I chose the champions chest, and these were my quests:

Complete 5 other quests
Spend 10 forge points

I killed this one in 5 minutes.

What I'm seeing so far is that the quests are either stupidly easy or extraordinarily hard, if not impossible. There may need to be more of a middle ground. I know you're trying to scale it by the prizes offered, but there seems to be varying extremes as opposed to varying gradual levels.

DeletedUser5097

Yesterday's chest options included one full of shrines, so I opted for that one. (I'm EMA on beta)

Quests:
Complete 3 other quests
Collect 6200 supplies
Contribute 6fp to GB
Activate 2 tavern boosts

I finished that In 15 minutes. The day before, I spent e whole day trying to fill the quests, and failed because I dared to fall asleep. The day before that was an impossible quest set and I could not complete it. (I've been listing my quests daily in this thread)

Today's choices were a chest of a bunch of fp and a champions' chest. I chose the champions chest, and these were my quests:

Complete 5 other quests
Spend 10 forge points

I killed this one in 5 minutes.

What I'm seeing so far is that the quests are either stupidly easy or extraordinarily hard, if not impossible. There may need to be more of a middle ground. I know you're trying to scale it by the prizes offered, but there seems to be varying extremes as opposed to varying gradual levels.
Cool, thanks for sharing the mission.:) My today's challange is

Contribute 27 fp's in a GB
Activate 3 boosts in friends tavern
Finish 12 8h productions in a production building
Collect 75 goods

Just for extra large suplie package, intressting enough the cheast does said: ''A lot of suplies'' let we hope it.:) It's
by the way OF.
Do you mean with the chest filled with shrines 100% change on a SoK? That would be extremely good
news.:)

Hi all !! new and old players and BETA staff.

I have some issues to clarify if that wold be possible. I want to mention that this is not a singular opinion !!

This daily quest line is e verry good idea, BUT I think (and more other old players) this is a series of quest which should not be given to new players ! Why do I/ they say that? Simple, is an huge opportunity for them (new players) to have an easier method to receive special buildings ! This is one major opportunity for them..which is not correct for old players !

Two.. GB ... why a player in the middle ages can have The Arc in the citty and another GB from superior ages ?? why ?? Is not correct for christ's sake !! And why a player in iron age for exemple cand do trade with goods from a superior epoch ??? Like oceanic future not early middle ages !

I understand that all players must have a chance to evolve BUT some adjustments must be made.

I play this game from the beginning (not here on beta) and I met A LOT of "new players" in first 5-6 ages..with a stunning city. How do they do that? Simple again, they spend a lot of time taking advantage of everything I said above, and not doing research, simply is not fair ! They remain at a certain age ( every time is a small epoch ) and they grow 1-2-3 GB form superior age, this is correct ? I ask everyone except for new players !

Also I ask BETA staff if they can do something because on my server/ country this problem has grown and unfortunately the staff does not care about this ! They do not really listen to us and treats the whole problem as if it were a minor one, which is not.

These being said being in the last era on the game is a major disadvantage now.

I want to thank everyone who had the patience to read to the end. But this is an alarm signal, on the Romanian server things tend to take a bad turn. :(
For the GB's, see this topic and a long discussion. Somwhere the reason for the GB's
has been said.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gbs-and-eras-dislike-and-suggestion.7827/

Well, I agree that challanges are been given pretty eurly in the game (Iron age) and that the new players are
getting pretty much new stuff in a short amount of time. Personal I think in a to short time. I think challanges
would be better at the end of Iron age / begin Eurly Middle Ages. Not because they would get more changes
to get some good stuff.
Just look, when I started to play there where not even GB's, no GvG, no GE, no tavern, no just the core
game and even with that there was much to do. Besides that now new players does have all this good stuff,
but you no what my greater advantage is, as a older player? Time, the time within I developt a strong city,
time to built up strong GB's and let them grow strong, time to collect powerfull event stuff. So that they are
able to get some of this good things eurly is fine for me, even challanges to motivate them to playing the
game and grow stronger.
Personal I don't see beeing end OF part 3 is a disadvantage. It's pretty nice, I does have many units
with I can strike, many strong GB's that makes me stronger and many changes for event buildings how
are at the strongest point in OF. For example anny event building that gives attack boost is at the highest
point in OF. Yes it's true that GE isn't a walk in the park for me, but I can use event buildings with the
best stats of the complete game, I can use anny unit of the game, I can get anny good of any age that
I want without 3th parties. If that isn't a advantage...
but just keep in mind that this is just how I think, I agree that players how don't have old players that give
goods from any wanted age to get a GB very eurly in game, are in a disadvantage, but there is no real
way to prevent it from happening. Since when that will been prevented, new players after that are not able
to take the same advantage and are on that way also in a great disadvantage...

DeletedUser5555

When I started this game
Cool, thanks for sharing the mission.:) My today's challange is

Contribute 27 fp's in a GB
Activate 3 boosts in friends tavern
Finish 12 8h productions in a production building
Collect 75 goods

Just for extra large suplie package, intressting enough the cheast does said: ''A lot of suplies'' let we hope it.:) It's
by the way OF.
Do you mean with the chest filled with shrines 100% change on a SoK? That would be extremely good
news.:)

For the GB's, see this topic and a long discussion. Somwhere the reason for the GB's
has been said.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gbs-and-eras-dislike-and-suggestion.7827/

Well, I agree that challanges are been given pretty eurly in the game (Iron age) and that the new players are
getting pretty much new stuff in a short amount of time. Personal I think in a to short time. I think challanges
would be better at the end of Iron age / begin Eurly Middle Ages. Not because they would get more changes
to get some good stuff.
Just look, when I started to play there where not even GB's, no GvG, no GE, no tavern, no just the core
game and even with that there was much to do. Besides that now new players does have all this good stuff,
but you no what my greater advantage is, as a older player? Time, the time within I developt a strong city,
time to built up strong GB's and let them grow strong, time to collect powerfull event stuff. So that they are
able to get some of this good things eurly is fine for me, even challanges to motivate them to playing the
game and grow stronger.
Personal I don't see beeing end OF part 3 is a disadvantage. It's pretty nice, I does have many units
with I can strike, many strong GB's that makes me stronger and many changes for event buildings how
are at the strongest point in OF. For example anny event building that gives attack boost is at the highest
point in OF. Yes it's true that GE isn't a walk in the park for me, but I can use event buildings with the
best stats of the complete game, I can use anny unit of the game, I can get anny good of any age that
I want without 3th parties. If that isn't a advantage...
but just keep in mind that this is just how I think, I agree that players how don't have old players that give
goods from any wanted age to get a GB very eurly in game, are in a disadvantage, but there is no real
way to prevent it from happening. Since when that will been prevented, new players after that are not able
to take the same advantage and are on that way also in a great disadvantage...

Also when I started was nothing, not event global chat..Still everything I said remains valid, JUST go on Romanian srv and look all those players in early middle ages with Tha Arc lvl 80 and more another GB and special buildings !!

I wrote here thinking that this problem would find solution or at least an intention.. I was wrong. Thanks for nothing, me and most of the veterans on Romainan server.

In the future you will realize that these imbalances are too deep to be ignored, it will be too late.

A good evening for everyone, after 5 years I quit and I will not be alone !