• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

vesgouo

Baronet
6lejVrj.png
Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-08-19 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4129

I can say from 2 events I won't be doing that often. First event I has to have 120 5min supplies the next day it was 54 15 min supplies along with inc pop by 11000. i don't have the time to spend on that and a 11000 inc in pop takes time and space. I'm not going to tear up any of my cities for a daily quest for BPs (2nd quest). The idea by the programmers maybe to make it tougher but they need to understand we're not running a program to finish these quests but time. Most players don't have 24hrs to play they work go to school have a life to deal with. There are some other req that some players won't do, for me it's negotiate. I don't do it in GE I won't waste goods, diamonds for these quests. All in all it's a maybe function I'll look to see what it is but most likely will not play it on any of my worlds

DeletedUser8119

On to my second daily challenge and will miss out on the weekly prize already. Win 6 GE encounters by fighting, unfortunately I have already reached level 4 and don't have the units to win encounters by fighting. Although, if this challenge had appeared earlier in the week I would have had a chance. Very disappointed as this development looked promising but if challenges are impossible to do, what's the point.

Macha

Squire
i thought that GE was brought out so players could help their guilds advance, but with these daily challenges & so many events players are now having to decide NOT to do any ge encounters in case they are needed for an upcoming quest

DeletedUser8277

I don't like to be dramatic but these challenges have the potential to ruin the game:

1) No one does GE because they're waiting for a potential challenge
2) No one aids because they are waiting for the challenge
3) No one does GvG because they're waiting for a fight challenge
4) No one advances their game by unlocking tech because theyre waiting for a challenge.
etc.

That is of course only if this takes off and people are interested but given their current format I doubt many would.

This is beta however so obviously much can change before this gets released, the only thing I could see fixing it would be

1) 24 hour clock starts at log in
2) Anything done in the previous week counts for that weeks challenge. If I unlock a tech on tuesday, and wed get 'unlock a tech' the tech I unlocked should have counted. If I did all of my GE for the week and I get a challenge to do GE not only should it count because I did it, it's also an impossible task as GE is done.

Personally with these, the quests from the fall event, historical quests on my main world I'm getting pretty burned out on quests in general. All virtually the same, none of which help your game in any way. The 'challenge' is that they are annoying to do not difficult in the sense of 'hey I could delete all my buildings with a few clicks and put XYZ in to do the quest'. With GE and the advent of negotiate at least a new puzzle was brought in that people had to think about. I would much rather have something brought in that was more puzzle based and was less about pointless clicking.

Even the treasure chest is different in that you don't have to mess up your city you have to manage your time to log in at specific intervals. Your city is left alone, the challenge is being present in the game.

Suggestions:
Some mock fights with troops you've never seen before and no boosts
Puzzles similar to GE negotiation
Assemble a mock city that has to include a certain number a buildings hooked up to town hall in limited squares.

I know all the things I just suggested would require much more work and most likely never be included let alone for something like this but I'm suggesting something that requires using your knowledge of the game in ways you havent had to do before, also in ways that don't detract nor harm your current city/game.

DeletedUser7109

I'm screwed and it's only Day #2. I took option for a Reno or One-up Kit. One of the five quests requires negotiating 3 Expedition encounters. I've already done as much as I can on Exp (or want to). I have to wait until a new Expedition opens next week. That also means I have no shot at completing the "seven in a row" for a bonus. We need an option on Expedition quests to fight encounters or do something else to fulfill the quest.

I'm trying to keep up with three different story quest lines, an event quest line and now the daily. All of these have multiple requirements. Add to that all the quest lines on live servers. Events are no longer special since they are perpetual. Better go back to the drawing board on Dailies.

DeletedUser8341

I was initially disappointed that today's challenge included a need to do GE. I moved guilds this week, so can't do GE today. (Then I remembered that it was on my other world I moved guilds, not this one.)

There is a lot to be said for including GE requirements as (in my opinion) not enough players engage in it. It would be useful, however, if those who have already completed GE and those who are disallowed from GE are given some other task instead. I realise that might mean another process to run on the server but I'm losing confidence in being able to complete a week's worth of challenge, just because I can't access a feature. I sure hope that GvG is never to be featured as a requirement, since that isn't generally available to players like me, who play what they can on the app.

Otherwise, I think Daily Challenges are a good addition (they must be a lot of work for the devs) and far better than Incidents or even the Treasure Hunt. Some of the complaints might go away once players get used to the fact that they can't expect to complete every day's challenge. Doing so should at least be possible for them, though.

DeletedUser8277

Some of the complaints might go away once players get used to the fact that they can't expect to complete every day's challenge. Doing so should at least be possible for them, though.

That could be the case however my main concern with these is that they have the potential to affect everyone elses game as well. Often times people will say they are sick of events or don't want to do whatever questline, or they love events and do them all. In either case their decision to do the quests or not tend to have very little baring on the others around them, and if so only on rare occasion. These however, people may stop aiding because they're waiting, stop playing GE as they wait, stop participating in GvG waiting, taking trades, donating to guilds etc etc. So this has the very real prospect of affecting the games of those who are not even participating in the challenges.

With incidents, short term events, treasure hunt etc. the choices a player makes to participate or not really doesn't affect other players, here it can and will, in perpetuity due to these being constant.

Achaeus

Marquis
The idea of Dally Challenges is nice, but I have to echo some of the concerns of people not participating in other activities like GE so they have encounters to be able to complete the Daily Challenges. I am also concerned that a number of players, who might want to participate in Daily Challenges, cannot because they cannot login in late in the day.

Would it be possible to offer like 8 challenges and we only need to complete 5?

DeletedUser16

Can you please explain HOW IT WORKS, why do I get only one query instead of 7 ?
Well, these are daily challenges :). You get one challenge per day and you have till 7:59 AM London time (at least on Beta) to finish it. Every day at 8 AM you're getting a new one.
If you complete 7 challenges in a row (that is with no break in between) you will get the additional chest you can see next to the x/7 counter. That's what it refers to.
Hope it helps! :)

Cardena

Squire
Since the daily quest have to be completing within 24 hours (or less) I am not afraid about aiding and visiting taverns. You will see whether that is a requirement in the morning, so no problem with that. But with GE, that is different. Sometimes the player cannot go behind a certain level, or the guild would not unlock all levels, in either case the player would have to stop doing GE and only do GE in case that is a requirement for the daily challenges. I do not think that this is a good idea.

DeletedUser7899

Once again , Way to Go !!!! More ignorance... Seems once again Devs have time to create something instead of fixing GVG....for crying out loud what is wrong with you people ??? No the Challenges are not functional for International players with the times... perhaps the 24 hr clock should start when they open the challenge dialogue.... alot of others have pointed out issues already, I players every where on all feedback wanting some concrete response to what is going on or going to happen with GVG.... Give it to them !!!! and stop the derailing and distraction with new stuff it is only frustrating players even more...

Currently there is no major work being done directly related to GvG. This does not mean that there may not be plans for the future, but I can't confirm that at this time.

This is pretty sad news considering the amount of players that have asked for over a year to have the Dev's fix the issues..... how do they expect to get respect from the community when they completely ignore requests, feedback and even fix there own bugs in the product they are providing...everyones getting booted out of GVG for numerous reasons.. so don't give us , it ain't broken cause it is.. " its a big Job " well you can't tell me all the hours that have gone into creating Tavern, this etc... in the last two years didn't take time either... just Disgusted...

DeletedUser16

Please add a button, where it is possible to disable the daily quests. It disturb the game flow!!!
Could you elaborate on this a bit? How does this disturb the flow exactly?
Thanks! :)

But with GE, that is different. Sometimes the player cannot go behind a certain level, or the guild would not unlock all levels, in either case the player would have to stop doing GE and only do GE in case that is a requirement for the daily challenges. I do not think that this is a good idea.
The goal is to polish the feature to the level where it will never give you any kind of 'impossible job' to do. It already checks for many things before generating the list of tasks, but the development team wants to make it even better.
That's why it's important that you report stuff that seems wrong :). You should feel comfortable doing anything you like, knowing that the game won't 'punish' you for your activity.

DeletedUser5097

The goal is to polish the feature to the level where it will never give you any kind of 'impossible job' to do. It already checks for many things before generating the list of tasks, but the development team wants to make it even better.
That's why it's important that you report stuff that seems wrong :). You should feel comfortable doing anything you like, knowing that the game won't 'punish' you for your activity.
Exactly, that's why we have Beta, itsn't it?:)

It's great to hear that the team is making this system smart, so the challange will be difficult, but as you already
did said, not impossible. Personal I would like to give a lot of love for the designe. It's very epic and I can see
that for the layout designe of this the dev. team surpassed them. In the long run, I think this can be a fun part
of the game where you have to play it a bit smart.
I think that this can become once equel to GE and the tavern. In the long turn GE keeps up guilds (perhaps for
the great rewards for challanges) and the tavern for beeing a nice place to get some more boosts. This can
become a dailly change to get some good stuff after intressting game play.

But even while I think this is a positive extra, I believe that all this many small ''extra's'' can work confussing
for newbies. I mean when I started to play, not even GB's where there and the LME was the highst game age.
Still it was pretty much stuff to do, but with now GE, GvG, GB's, excedents and now even challanges, I think
the game does have a lot of side stuff that makes it a bit much for new players. Sure, you unlock the most over
time, but still... maybe it would be a idea to add this also in the tutorial? or when you hit the ''?'' that you tricker
a small tutorial that explain step for step what it is, like in GvG and the GB's?

DeletedUser8381

Building on what drakkenridder said, would it be possible to tell us at what point daily challenges become available for a new player? When you start you have the tutorial in story quests, then you start getting a few side quests, then you add the ability to add to GBs, then you add the ability to be in a guild which opens GE... at what point does the nameless pop up? And for that matter, incidents? I noticed that you have to be at a certain level before events and historical questlines, too. It might help if you let us know when, so we can assess if that's a good time.

Lionhead

Baronet
Building on what drakkenridder said, would it be possible to tell us at what point daily challenges become available for a new player? When you start you have the tutorial in story quests, then you start getting a few side quests, then you add the ability to add to GBs, then you add the ability to be in a guild which opens GE... at what point does the nameless pop up? And for that matter, incidents? I noticed that you have to be at a certain level before events and historical questlines, too. It might help if you let us know when, so we can assess if that's a good time.

Seems you have to research Militia in Iron Age in order to unlock DC:

http://prntscr.com/gaaccn

dolphin

Marquis
2 thumbs down!

Screenshot_5.png

3 hours left. Time to sleep & 0 chance to find 7 more available taverns! Will now give up on this futile exercise on day 2.

Also see no FPs awarded for AIDing 140 friends.

Last edited: