• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8686

hello everyone. I haven't read the above but i need to express my feeling about daily challenges.
I am struggling now with both the productions and map completing.
Today on Cirgard i got another 3 sectors. I just CANNOT complete by fighting. I've recently moved to modern era to make it easier but I am 3/4 the way through the next map. I am very frustrated and I feel that Inno has made it so eventually you'll get stuck and wont be able to complete due to too many fights on the map not enough troops, meaning I lose out again this week( the third time between my worlds where it is impossible to complete)
the other times were because of 33 4 hr....how am I suppose to do that when I only have 4 production?? Most worlds only have one this means I have to knock down barracks, goods or use a store building to get blacksmiths in. I knew you had change it and it seemed OK on beta, but on the main world its either to easy or impossible! No in between at all.
So basically my point is
Firstly PLEASE get rid of completing map or at least make it so its 1 sector not 5, or 4 and make it so it doesn't matter how you get it
Secondly get rid of production ones. I hate them and most people I've spoken to don't want them in either.
Its making the game too stressful!

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I understand your frustration. I have trouble with the map too and yes, the production do make the game very stressful.

An other thing I would like is, when I complete my daily changes, I would like the icon to changes, just like it show a chest, when a new challenge start, please make it easy to see, that you are done. I play 4 servers and would be nice, when I login to the next server, if the icon did look different, if I have completed already

DeletedUser7951

What would be nice, was when you have open a DC, and you see it doesn't tickle your fancy to do 95x5 min production or acquire 5 sectors on the campaign map that day, you can see if you're on count 1 or 6, if it's only 1 previous chest I certainly will give it a miss, if it's 6 previous I might bother. Well not the map thingie, I never do map stuff unless an event forces me to.

qaccy

Emperor
@Zarok Dai Here's a question, if you're able to find out...or maybe this has already been discussed and you already know! It's been nagging at me for a bit now, but how come just about everything is available as a potential prize from DCs except for goods? Is this a conscious decision by the developers to promote players producing goods themselves via other means or is there some sort of technical limitation behind it? Combination of factors? I'm interested because goods are conspicuous in their absence as rewards, considering how important they are to the game (for a developing player, probably even moreso than FP).

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai Here's a question, if you're able to find out...or maybe this has already been discussed and you already know! It's been nagging at me for a bit now, but how come just about everything is available as a potential prize from DCs except for goods?

Good question, let me see what I can find out :)

vakini

Squire
A challenge as:
- take 2 sectors on the campaign map by negotiation

is not fair, when you is ahead of your current age, on the campaign map, it is a direct diamondstealer challenge, unless you want to back down on the daily challenge.
It should instead be:
- take 2 sectors on the campaign map (either by fighting or negotiation)

DeletedUser8150

hello everyone. I haven't read the above but i need to express my feeling about daily challenges.
I am struggling now with both the productions and map completing.
Today on Cirgard i got another 3 sectors. I just CANNOT complete by fighting. I've recently moved to modern era to make it easier but I am 3/4 the way through the next map. I am very frustrated and I feel that Inno has made it so eventually you'll get stuck and wont be able to complete due to too many fights on the map not enough troops, meaning I lose out again this week( the third time between my worlds where it is impossible to complete)
the other times were because of 33 4 hr....how am I suppose to do that when I only have 4 production?? Most worlds only have one this means I have to knock down barracks, goods or use a store building to get blacksmiths in. I knew you had change it and it seemed OK on beta, but on the main world its either to easy or impossible! No in between at all.
So basically my point is
Firstly PLEASE get rid of completing map or at least make it so its 1 sector not 5, or 4 and make it so it doesn't matter how you get it
Secondly get rid of production ones. I hate them and most people I've spoken to don't want them in either.
Its making the game too stressful!

Realistically if you want to do DC every day you need plenty of Blacksmiths. Personally I find 12 works for any task but its a waste of city space and looks silly in an OF city but there you go...

@Zarok: Coulnd't you sweet talk the devs into at least giving us a later age micro production building ;-) Even a re-skinned for later age Blacksmith would be better than nothing!

DeletedUser

@Zarok: Coulnd't you sweet talk the devs into at least giving us a later age micro production building ;-) Even a re-skinned for later age Blacksmith would be better than nothing!

Never hurts to ask :)

qaccy

Emperor
Realistically if you want to do DC every day you need plenty of Blacksmiths. Personally I find 12 works for any task but its a waste of city space and looks silly in an OF city but there you go...

I personally think it's unreasonable to want something no larger than 2x2 since apparently nobody cares about supplies anyway, but there are numerous other small-footprint buildings available depending on the age you're in.

Starting in HMA, you have the alchemist.
Starting in CA, you have the clockmaker.
Starting in Indy, you have the gunsmith.
Starting in ME, you have the hatter. Unfortunately for this strategy, this is the smallest production building unlocked between Indy and AF and a 3x3 is probably not viewed as viable here.
Starting in AF, you have the crystal flower store.

A building that takes up 6 squares is perfectly fine in my book, especially since it produces up to 40x more supplies than a blacksmith does. But if supplies are useless and don't matter (according to the majority of posters here), then what's the problem with using blacksmiths?

Also, @Zarok Dai did you happen to find out about the reasoning behind not having goods offered as potential DC rewards?

DeletedUser8150

A building that takes up 6 squares is perfectly fine in my book, especially since it produces up to 40x more supplies than a blacksmith does. But if supplies are useless and don't matter (according to the majority of posters here), then what's the problem with using blacksmiths?

Its purely an asthetic. BA buildings in much later age cities. On yur suggestion we can use other buildings 12x6Sq is a significant waste of space over 12x4.

@Andy47; It would probably make most sense to create a reskinned Blacksmith for 'any age' (rather than make the devs reskin for every age) as a DC building. Perhaps give it as a prize instead of the coins or supplies so we could win them.

Andi47

Overlord
You can't (realistically) have 12 cider mills :)

Only 12? There have been quests where I built as much as EIGHTEEN Blacksmiths

"finish 36 8-hour-productions" - @innogames what is your main target-group? For sure not unemployed people?? But such quests LOOK LIKE it would be so??

(and no, I don't want to insult any FoE-player, I just want to say that - if Inno believes, that most of us have no job and therefore have unlimited time for playing all day long, they are far off the target!)[/COLOR]

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Only 12? There have been quests where I built as much as EIGHTEEN Blacksmiths

"finish 36 8-hour-productions" - @innogames what is your main target-group? For sure not unemployed people?? But such quests LOOK LIKE it would be so??

(and no, I don't want to insult any FoE-player, I just want to say that - if Inno believes, that most of us have no job and therefore have unlimited time for playing all day long, they are far off the target!)[/COLOR]

Yes, even if you're able to devote any time throughout the day to the game, that reads as 'have at least 18 production buildings' if it was a DC condition and seems a little extreme (you'd need an 8 hour production running BEFORE you accepted the challenge to get 3 8 hr cycles in so 12 would not be enough even if you could collect perfectly). That said, so far 12 has been enough for my DCs on my OF world - and it'd need to be a seriously motivating reward for me to clear space for 6 more.

Andi47

Overlord
Yes, even if you're able to devote any time throughout the day to the game, that reads as 'have at least 18 production buildings' if it was a DC condition and seems a little extreme (you'd need an 8 hour production running BEFORE you accepted the challenge to get 3 8 hr cycles in so 12 would not be enough even if you could collect perfectly). That said, so far 12 has been enough for my DCs on my OF world - and it'd need to be a seriously motivating reward for me to clear space for 6 more.

I see that it was "finish 36 4-hours-productions" - anyway I had to build 18 Blacksmiths because I was not able to do more than two cycles (one cycle in the evening, and a second one overnight (grrrrr), and then I had to go to work)

https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com...e-herausforderungen.28886/page-52#post-242013

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
alright, 36 4 hours is at least reasonable with 12 - though yes for some schedules it'd pose a problem still. Plausible you could adjust your DC reset time to help with it some - say an hour after you get home from work or 9 hours before you have to go to work the next morning (such that you can run an 8 hr and collect before work). That would allow you to work 3 4 hour cycles in the future as : 1) evening 2) overnight 3) collect on returning from work.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8406

Today I got quest "Complete 1 other quests"

I have two quests to do, for one I need to research two technologies for 80 FP, for the second technologies for ~500 FP (HMA, income ca 50/day)
I fulfilled it thanks to Napoleon, but I want only ensure if this cannot happen when no event is active...

And there is incorrect plural in the text.

DeletedUser4381

@Zarok Dai @Bryfft
Please can you confirm the whether DC has been changed to allocate "take/negotiate sectors" quests even when the map has not been visited since sending the scout? I have a "Take 5 sectors" challenge at the moment, but I certainly didn't visit the map since sending a scout after conquering the previous province.

I had to open a province for the Napoleon event, and whilst there wasn't a "conquer a province" requirement for the event itself I cleared it anyway once the event was done, as I don't want sector challenges in the DC. (I've opened the map now, as I'll have to clear the province to prevent any negotiation quests appearing, but if this has been changed then I think it's a bad idea - provinces should only be marked scouted once the map has been opened.)