• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser3800

I have to agree with the thrust of your comments, also some of the production requests are becoming silly as are things like finish first level of GE on a Tuesday,

DeletedUser

As far as I know yes this is intentional.
so exactly like pay quests ;)

you pay there and nowhere else
(only other buttons: in quests there the pay button finishs the quest. in DC the pay doesn't need to be at the end)

So now folks you don't have supply bldgs and use RQ for gathering supplies are screwed? Not cool
what has spending to do with gathering ?

in RQ you pay only for the quest
why should paying there count to DC ?

if you have 2 pay quests paying one doesn't finish the other either
but would be nice: in AF there are 2 recurring pay quests and needing to pay only once to do both would be great

GidoB

Merchant
Did not it say that in the DC only Campaign Map tasks gets when there are still open sectors left?

index.php

I have not open Sektors !

Attachments

• My DC from today.jpg
    My DC from today.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 122

DeletedUser8461

Did not it say that in the DC only Campaign Map tasks gets when there are still open sectors left?

index.php

I have not open Sektors !

I had a look at your account to check to make sure there isn't a bug. Luckily, you do have open sectors. The sectors are opened when the scout completes, not when you first visit the map again after the scout completes. Maybe that's where the confusion came from - that with quests the condition for scouting something doesn't register as complete until you've seen the map.

It's a weird situation generally. We should probably take a look at clarifying that at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

GidoB

Merchant
Thanks for checking!
Had not seen that at first (was not displayed) until the second time it was then apparent.

DeletedUser8150

It's a weird situation generally. We should probably take a look at clarifying that at some point.

I hope by clarify you mean fix one way or the other. :)Having two different definitions of finishing a scout confuses new players especially. Personally I suspect most people would prefer both to detect when the scout is revealed by checking the map not when it completes but we are not aware it has yet finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

In the US version of the posted change log they state this: "In the meantime, our development team is working on this year's Carnival Event. We also want to decide if not withdrawing a progress point when not completing a challenge makes sense." but in betas reference I don't see the part about the challenges included.

Is it true that this is up for debate? I for one would be very much in favor of not losing progress because I can't do 22 8 hour productions that day. Or, like an issue I just had in live, the event called upon me to scout and later on in the event I will need to conquer the land I scouted but in the interm get a DC asking me for 5 sectors (the entire province) since I now had one available. It would make some of these almost impossible or incredibly annoying DCs not seem as bad since skipping one you can't do didn't erase all the work you did for the prior one you were able to get done.

qaccy

Emperor
In the US version of the posted change log they state this: "In the meantime, our development team is working on this year's Carnival Event. We also want to decide if not withdrawing a progress point when not completing a challenge makes sense." but in betas reference I don't see the part about the challenges included.

Is it true that this is up for debate? I for one would be very much in favor of not losing progress because I can't do 22 8 hour productions that day. Or, like an issue I just had in live, the event called upon me to scout and later on in the event I will need to conquer the land I scouted but in the interm get a DC asking me for 5 sectors (the entire province) since I now had one available. It would make some of these almost impossible or incredibly annoying DCs not seem as bad since skipping one you can't do didn't erase all the work you did for the prior one you were able to get done.

If presented with such a situation, you could simply choose the one you're more interested in (much like choosing your DC reward for the day). However, there will always be more provinces to acquire for the sake of event quests, so I'd probably choose to focus on completing the DC in that instance since there's at most 24 hours to get that done while event quests are available until the end of the event, and even daily event quest chains end a few days before the conclusion of the event. But my personal game strategy is rather unsympathetic towards players who essentially dig a hole for themselves by scouting (potentially) several ages above their research level. I believe if you reach a point where it's too difficult to do things on the map, it's time to move up in age to make it easier again. Research is capable of being completed much more quickly than the map, because it's very easy to generate large amounts of daily FP and goods, but the only way to speed up scouting is by paying diamonds. In short, under normal circumstances your research should never be behind your map progress except for the very beginning of the game when provinces scout in minutes rather than hours or days.

My hope is that if this decision is made in favor of not removing progress, it only applies when a DC is completely skipped (no chest is chosen) for that day. I personally feel that once you choose a reward and see the tasks, you've committed enough to the DC to suffer the consequence, as small as it is, if you fail to finish it.

DeletedUser8404

My hope is that if this decision is made in favor of not removing progress, it only applies when a DC is completely skipped (no chest is chosen) for that day. I personally feel that once you choose a reward and see the tasks, you've committed enough to the DC to suffer the consequence, as small as it is, if you fail to finish it.

I'd rather see it gone altogether, myself. I don't do combat...ever. I can't stand it. So, any DC that requires combat (and there are quite a few) is an automatic -1 for me. Since they added all the new combat-requiring challenges (way more than in the early days here on Beta), I simply can't reach +7, or even come close. I don't think I even made +2 within the first month or so after they were released on Live because that's how many challenges require combat. Yes, that's my choice, and if the consequence of that choice is that I never get a grand prize in DCs, so be it, but obviously, I'd really rather get them, even if not as frequently as those who do do combat challenges.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
If that's happening, that's a bug, and we'd love a bug report about that. You might have some open sectors on an older continent map though. :)
It happened to me on Norasil yesterday. I had only 3 sectors left on the ME map but had to acquire 4 sectors. To accomplish this I would have had to have paid diamonds to cross the ocean to PME and then more diamonds to scout the 1st PME sector. I complained to support but was so disgusted with the reply that I ripped down and closed that world altogether and am currently destroying 3 others. Since the CS reply was from a supposedly "Senior Mod", you can thank him for losing my custom. And no, there are no other sectors available on previous age maps, either opened or unopened. By the way, my player name there is Gobbi

NOTE: I stand corrected, I have just discovered a CA province which I had not completed which would have allowed completion of the task so my mistake. This does not however excuse the response from the senior mod, who, from his reply, obviously does not fully understand the game that he is moderating.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4285

So say 5/7 DCs done and next DC isn't done due to unforeseen circumstances (or something) then the progress stays at 5/7?
Sounds good to me :)

I resisted it for a while, but now the blacksmiths have gone up. No other way to complete some of the DQ's

Also, often the reward is worse than what you spend on achieving it. No way am I negotiating 3 sectors for 100+ goods each to get back 5fp.

I would introduce some more imaginative challenges - such as winning battles with just one type of unit, winning battles without losses etc

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
One undesirable experience (on live US server - LMA age) with the new pay challenges :

I had two lame choices of chest and chose the 100% 'extra large' supply package as the most useful of the two.
The conditions to complete included paying 35k supplies.
The reward was 30k supplies.

Now I did complete it to get my +1 and that's all i was really going for, but it feels bad that the pay amounts can be larger than the extra large package amount.

DeletedUser7779

I very much support this...
Although i liked the initial idea of being "punished" for skipping a DC, there are plenty of them which are a real hassle or even impossible.
Not only the ridiculous 8hr productions (once i had 8hr 32 times!!), but also the negotiating sectors (in one of my worlds I'm in LMA and in the end of CA map... don't have any CA goods...), the example Manda described, or the lame rewards xivarmy had.
Another terrible challenge is the gather 3500 tavern silver! Now, that's 3 collections of a full 16 seat table! It's not an issue in my main world, but in my others i have like 80 friends and i literally can't collect a full table 3 times a day! Not to mention the players who are just starting the game and don't even have all seats unlocked yet...

Therefore, i find it a great idea to not withdraw progress whenever a DC is skipped for whatever the reason might be.

DeletedUser8461

Another terrible challenge is the gather 3500 tavern silver! Now, that's 3 collections of a full 16 seat table! It's not an issue in my main world, but in my others i have like 80 friends and i literally can't collect a full table 3 times a day! Not to mention the players who are just starting the game and don't even have all seats unlocked yet...

Do you get the 3500 tavern silver challenge in the worlds that you can't complete it?

DeletedUser8406

What about -1 for several consecutive days (2+) without completing daily challenge? For me is sometimes almost impossible to play on weekends...
But -0 would be bette r :)

Cardena

Squire
Well the skip of -1 for not completing a challenge would be nice, yes. But perhaps that would make achieving the goal of the seventh chest, the challenger's chest a bit to easy? Perhaps there should be a compromise, you can make a choice. Either you keep it as it is now with -1 for not completing, but getting the chest after 7 in a row. Or you choose to get the chest only after 10 in a row, but without the penalty of -1 for not completing. Of course you can make the choice only if you have 0 points counting and no chest choosen.

DeletedUser

24x 8 hours

can that please changed that to
gain 80k happiness or gain 80k population

thank you

DeletedUser7779

Do you get the 3500 tavern silver challenge in the worlds that you can't complete it?
Yes, that was in C world (US), which is not my main. I couldn't complete it - was like 500-600 silver short 1 minute before the end. Of course, theoretically it's possible as i have 80 friends there and I'd need to collect 3 times, that is 3x16 = 48 friends sit at my table and I sit in front of the PC all day and collect once table is full.:p But was not the case.

Well the skip of -1 for not completing a challenge would be nice, yes. But perhaps that would make achieving the goal of the seventh chest, the challenger's chest a bit to easy? Perhaps there should be a compromise, you can make a choice. Either you keep it as it is now with -1 for not completing, but getting the chest after 7 in a row. Or you choose to get the chest only after 10 in a row, but without the penalty of -1 for not completing. Of course you can make the choice only if you have 0 points counting and no chest choosen.
Agreed, if completely removed would be probably too easy, and like I said in my previous post i like the idea of being punished for skipping one. Your idea is not bad, though how about something simpler...Inno already added alternatives to the problematic event quests, so why not they add an OR condition to the DCs too?
For example:
- finish x productions n times OR gain x population
- negotiate 3 sectors OR donate x goods to treasury (should autocomplete if cmap is finished)
- collect 3500 tavern silver OR spend 15000 tavern silver
- acquire x sectors OR defeat 2x hoodies
- etc