• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

Any1 with near identical cities in different worlds worked out if they get the same DCs for the same chests?

DeletedUser

Any1 with near identical cities in different worlds worked out if they get the same DCs for the same chests?
you get in all cities in one account the same chests
the things to do are completely different

DeletedUser8807

I like to play the DC 's and eventhough I feel I end up getting the worst prize of all most of the time I continue......But the thing that makes me mad..angry..pissed off ..etc; is getting challenges like today "defeat 50 unites" and a few days ago i had a simular one that I didn't do but that was only 30 unites. since I feel like they are increasing the number of people I have to defeat each time...and I don't choose military chests... I decided to try. Well my whole Middle Age army is wiped out and I still have 5 more to defeat not counting that I just got a new neighboorhood today and have gone through most of the lower poor guys trying to beat them up, leaving my city open for (just) revenge... I don't plunder...! I'm Builder I don't like to fight but I do try to have a decent defense and re-new my military with each level change.
I too would love to be able to choose between being a brute or not. ALSO the "gain 3 sectors by fighting was another nasty! which I didn't do....couldn't.!
Until now I've been able to finish the weekly challenges even with Forge Bowl going on. I just think you ought to take more into account the lower level players who are trying to work up . I found some above suggestions were very good

DeletedUser8404

I had an idea for DCs, if any of the staff are still reading this: instead of having the overall challenge be, say, "Complete 5 challenges", have it be "Complete 5/7 challenges" instead. It would probably require a tiny bit of reprogramming, I expect, but it would be a very simple way of allowing people to maintain their play styles most days, while still giving them the option of completing the DC for that day. It would also introduce an element of strategy to the DC in deciding which challenges are the most strategic for you on days where you can complete more than the required amount.

If you wanted to balance it even further, you could randomly generate a specific amount of each type of quest each day. For example, generate 1-3 random challenges that require combat, 1-3 that require significant goods, 1-2 that requires production, 0-1 that requires advancement on the continent map, 0-1 that requires GE participation, etc.

agramer66

Steward
I just think you ought to take more into account the lower level players who are trying to work up .

They are, you as Middle Age player get Middle Age opponents, somebody in Future gets battles against Future troops. What more do you want to make it fairer?

DeletedUser8807

"3 sectors by fighting" I can assure you they were not Middle Age opponents.... Otherwise you are right usually we have opponents of our Age.

DeletedUser16

Hi!

As you can see in today's changelog published by Zarok Dai, there were some changes to the conditions in Daily Challenges. Please let us know what you think! :)
Also, if you can foresee any problems, it would be very helpful if you could point them out :).

Thank you for your help!

DeletedUser7262

i had to pay coins today on the daily i perfer this than to add pop which i would then tear down after i got credit for the addition to pop

GidoB

Merchant
Taking away the increase in satisfaction and population growth is TOP !!!
Also, introducing donations to coins and productions is very good if not millions of both will be in higher levels.

Now a little reduce the required productions (80x 5 minutes, etc.) and the DC are perfect !!!

Andi47

Overlord
Also, introducing donations to coins and productions is very good if not millions of both will be in higher levels.

I agree, especially to #1. It was quite like "Aaaarrgh" for my in .de8 - our guild is involved into a "world war" since months (I hate these guilds which are just fighting for destroying others) - and therefore have pretty much maxed out my city for military production in various ages, and then it was quite annoying when I had to tear down parts of my military buildings just for ||: building/tearing down :|| other buildings for the challenge. Therefore a +1 from me.

BTW: @innogames if you look closely: this building/immediately tearing down of buildings also applies to event quests, which require to gain huge amounts of population/happiness.

Now a little reduce the required productions (80x 5 minutes, etc.) and the DC are perfect !!!

+1!!!

Just deriving from this thread here on beta and a similar thread on .de I guess the forum mods (and hopefully also the devs) must be swamped with postings pegging to reduce these quests which require us to do hours of stupidly clicking 5- or 15-min productions! So @developers get that wax out of your ears!

And one more thing: Earlier in this thread we got a statement from Inno that "Forge of Blacksmiths" is not the playstyle which is intended by the devs. So... now that the DC are out on the life servers, please count those Blacksmiths (and Hunters, Alchemists, Clockmakers and Gunsmiths, which have been built since the introduction of DC!

Last edited:

maxbergheim

Squire

I share. it can be maintained but without exaggerating the number of times. always runs out of the lighthouse and royal hall collections bonus

Achaeus

Marquis
Removing the population and happiness tasks is a great move! I got to the point that I was simply skipping those, so great going Inno!

DeletedUser

Nice change. But although that was annoying, wasn't impossible. What about "conquer/negotiate sector" when you don't have open province on the map...? A thought we discussed that thing here, but yet with no effect - I still get one or more that type of quest weekly.

GidoB

Merchant
....What about "conquer/negotiate sector" when you don't have open province on the map...? A thought we discussed that thing here, but yet with no effect - I still get one or more that type of quest weekly.
On the live server, the conquest quests do not come when there are no open sectors left.

DeletedUser8150

Still not sure the 'combat' trigger is right. For example on live today: I got win x fights. Now i've finished GE and have a scout ongoing so only neighbourhood left. That would easily seem a problem for a 70/70 nighbourhood player or perhaps a farmer.

aliatela

Merchant
+1 from me as well for these changes, imo definitely better option to pay some supplies/coins than to build those unnecessary building that will be removed soon after.

Also would join others in stating that DC can be much improved by removing that "produce loads of 5/15 minute products" requirement.

DeletedUser

On the live server, the conquest quests do not come when there are no open sectors left.
False. They do.
I even asked my national support about it and the response was: "make sure you have opened province" and "you can speed [sudden lack of word... when you send troop to "open" a province] by using diamonds". I am very dissapointed with that answer, cause that mean FoE is officially "pay to win" game...

Last edited by a moderator: