• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8054

Playing Daily Challenges lost all meaning to me after the disappearance of the event buildings from the chests.

DeletedUser

For what it's worth, I'll provide my own perspective to your implication that goods and military buildings are more valuable than supply buildings.
That is your perspective and I respect it.

Mine perspective is that in my main city on live server (in modern era, no end-game player here!) I have CHF on level 60 and I really do a lot of reccuring quests daily. And still I have 5 Times more supplies than coins. So, do I need more supplies? No, I really do not need more supplies... Maybe I need more coins? No, I do not need them also - artificial balancing only for purpose of balancing would be stupid, because I would have to get rid of event buildings I need (FPs ones) to build houses I do not need, as I have 5k spare people with IT only on level 11. There is practically no way you could do twice or trice reccuring quest than I do, as I pretty run them all day long, and still - I can't get rid of the supplies. So maybe you tell me, how supplies buildings from my era can improve my city or my game? I tell you: they won't. And I would not build them only for DC, cause DC in the way they are presented now aren't worth spoiling my city and my game for 10 FPs from the chest, when I get 300 FPs daily only from collecting... That would be not strategic, that would be pretty stupid.

And to the usefulness of goods buildings over supply buildings... Mine perspective is that there is nothing much important than FPs and goods in the game. I could use every amount of goods you have in an hour - I can't do that with supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4381

You can use those supplies to do Unbirthday Quests. The cost is a little high in OF, but even with 100M supplies you can do 200 of those plus whatever coins and supplies you get back to do more. 200 UBQs net on average 14 of 5fp packs.

The beauty of this game is not one resource is entirely useless, you just need to be willing to find a way to use them. Even Medals have a use after all Victory expansions are purchased, albeit it’s limited to how much time you want to spend in the AA map in GvG.

I don't need FPs either, I generate 100+ a day... If I want more, I'll just build some of the shrines I have in storage. (Which is where the conversation started. The original point was that I don't view FPs as worthwhile rewards for completing 7+ days worth of challenges, and don't really bother about them in the daily rewards either.)

GidoB

Merchant
What would be a worthwhile price for you?
If you already have too much FP then you have certainly too much of everything else .... :confused:

DeletedUser8471

Remember, the alternative to fps could be coins/supplies. Don’t tempt the Devs into it ;) be glad it’s something the majority of players find a use for and can be hard to come by. I can only imagine the ruckus here if all FP rewards were changed to coins/supplies. There has to be a “booby” “crappy” reward or they might as well just gift players with the special buildings ecery week for doing nothing.

On a side note: according to US forums DC is being released on Dec 14th for all. About time!

DeletedUser

If you already have too much FP then you have certainly too much of everything else .... :confused:
I know it wasn't directed to me, but let me answer ;)

I generally think there is never enough of FPs, as there is no limit to levels of GBs... but... the way to achieve it should be reasonable. If I get 300 (yes, three hundred) FPs daily doing nothing more but 5-sec collecting, I won't be interested in doing 22x8h production to gain 10 FPs, let us be serious... And that is what I am given from DC's 80% of the time.

On the other hand, couple of days ago I was given DC with 100% of winning 30 FPs - and I gladly did it, cause it contained "do x battles without losing" (easy peasy, my city is well balanced and I can also compete military with other players) and "donate x goods to the treasury" (easy peasy, my 80 lvl Arc is doing that for me, and even if not, I have always enough of goods from reccuring quests.

So it's not like FPs aren't worthwhile price... but they aren't in DCs in comparison with effort put into gaining them.

Remember, the alternative to fps could be coins/supplies. Don’t tempt the Devs into it ;)
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I would gladly see it, cos nobody would care about DC no more and that would beautiful end of this feature.

DeletedUser

Remember, the alternative to fps could be coins/supplies. Don’t tempt the Devs into it ;)
if correct done it will be much better

lets take the indian palace chest
55% 10 FP: remove that
increase all percentages of the rest
you sure get one piece
to balance that that chest only comes 45% of the current rate
same EV for long time players

and then add coin/supply chest on the 55% remaining from above

no FP. from the indian palace chest I get 100% a piece of the set
I am more happy

There has to be a “booby” “crappy” reward or
put them in the bobby crappy chest

I can only imagine the ruckus here if all FP rewards were changed to coins/supplies.
only idiots would do that when players ask to remove the bobby prizes

oh wait: this is inno games
when asking them to remove plunder from the aid filter they only renamed that filter
(haha what a great solution: plunder isn't in the aid filter anymore because now there is no aid filter at all)
so you are right. each change here will definitely lead to something worse

DeletedUser4381

In the chests? The worthwhile rewards are the set buildings. When combined correctly they actually improve the efficiency of my city, which is what I want at this stage. (One of the ways most people measure whether they want a building is "FP per square" and then compare it to the SoK. I also make calculations like that about most other aspects of the game, and sets are excellent as they are one of the few ways that do this in more than one area.)

When it comes to the FP rewards in chests, I certainly don't mind them in non-set chests - Residential chests, supply building chests, etc - and being rotated that way... but when a chest is offering set buildings then the reward should be one of the set. There are enough varied rewards to not repeat a chest for two weeks without a problem, so even if the set chests were to be a guaranteed (but random) building from that set at equal odds for each building I would need to be stupendously lucky to acquire even a single full set in two months - and every duplicate I get would extend that by a couple of weeks.

As it stands I need a miracle to acquire one full set *ever*.

DeletedUser8410

I saw this just now on the US forums:
stallion119 said:
Since I did not have them the last month like other selected people did, can you deposit 100 FP into my bar. Thanks
Honestly I can't say this is a bad idea - or some other kind of compensation.

I am #11 on Z world and #1 (among others) has had them for a month. I played with DCs on beta for a month, I know how much you can get in that amount of time.

You gave people extra levels on their GBs recently so I think this is not out of the question?

Despite the fact we are getting them tomorrow, many people are dissatisfied with the situation. Some kind of redress would go a long way in re-establishing player goodwill on this issue.

I stopped playing beta after 30 days of daily challenges out of protest.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I'm happy we get it on live servers now. I do not see a problem with getting FP. Sure I understand, people wish for the best item in the chests, but it is a lotteri and to me, 10 FP are nice, even when I did hope for something better, maybe I have better luck next time.
Some days, I may just skip the chest, because I get task I don't want to do and it may take more than 7 days to get the main chest.
Some people are just greedy. what I need most in my towns are free tiles to place stuff, I have stored :)
We all have different ways to play the game, some love event set like the winter set, I only go for stuff that can help me be able to manage 64 meeting in GE each week. :)
I really love, that I can choose between 2 chests.

DeletedUser

Sure I understand, people wish for the best item in the chests, but it is a lotteri and to me, 10 FP are nice, even when I did hope for something better, maybe I have better luck next time.
I don't know how about you, but I get FPs most of the time. So I must be very, very unlucky person... that's making me rather very sad, than happy :( and I really, really DON'T LIKE IT.

I really love, that I can choose between 2 chests.
Maybe they should make you choose from 10 chests, that would be joyful... What is so loveable in it?

Andi47

Overlord
one_hour_of_stupid_klicking.jpg

NINETY.

Plus "build and sell a Poseidon Statue 22 times."

Forge of Blacksmiths.... and one and a half hour of stupid clicking.

Was it a plain lie when Inno said that Forge of Blacksmiths is not the intended playstyle??

Last edited:

DeletedUser4381

@Zarok Dai @Bryfft
Challenge: Solve 4 GE encounters via negotiation, without losing in between

Please can a sanity check be made if players are having to do this, so that the negotiation doesn't suddenly ask for goods that they don't actually have - thus forcing them to spend diamonds or start all over again. We can't go and trade for the goods without having to abort the negotiation, so asking for goods we don't have smacks of dirty underhand tactics to force diamond usage.

DeletedUser

you know what goods negotiation wants :rolleyes:
your era, the era before and the promethium and oricholum (if in AF / OF)

so can you please do a check of your stock before starting negotiation :rolleyes:

and you see what you can offer before the negotiation starts (it starts when you pay the first try)
so you can check what the negotiation needs without starting it

so that the negotiation doesn't suddenly ask for goods that they don't actually have
suddenly?
so on the second try to give goods they want something else ?

so asking for goods we don't have smacks of dirty underhand tactics to force diamond usage.
so starting a negotiation without enough goods is like going into battle with 4 units and realizing you don't have enough to be able to finish it successfull

it is your fault

Please can a sanity check be made if players are having to do this, so that the negotiation doesn't suddenly ask for goods that they don't actually have
how does the game know which negotiations you will do ?

so if you are the last one of a level that is more expensive
but you do that with battle and do the negotiation on the first encounter of the next: and that is cheaper

and you know that you don't need to negotiate in a row ?
you can battle in between
so you can do encounter 1,2,3 and 5 of a level with negotiation and fight the 4th which is more expensive than the 5th

BTW:
if they check goods they should also check my attacking army
if I am using 8 artillery it is impossible to win the next fight if there are flying units in it
so win battles shouldn't be given in that case

Andi47

Overlord
@Zarok Dai @Bryfft
Challenge: Solve 4 GE encounters via negotiation, without losing in between

Please can a sanity check be made if players are having to do this, so that the negotiation doesn't suddenly ask for goods that they don't actually have - thus forcing them to spend diamonds or start all over again. We can't go and trade for the goods without having to abort the negotiation, so asking for goods we don't have smacks of dirty underhand tactics to force diamond usage.

@innogames
=== Suggestion ===
As of now, negotiating just "suddenly" asks for diamonds, and in the past I got questions even from FoE veterans, why it suddenly costs diamonds - it is not so clear to see that goods are missing.

So my suggestion: Please don't just ask us to pay diamonds, if we are running out of goods during negotiation. In this case, clicking on the button should open a window which allows us to CHOOSE whether to pay diamonds or to open the trade window - without having to close the negotiation window. (and: if no suitable offer is available, allow us to return to paying diamonds instead of force-closing the negotiation)

Anyway - "solve xy Encounters by negotiations without loosing in between" IS forcing us to pay diamonds (except if we are still at the start of GE level 1): Even with the Tavern bonus activated and using a good negotiation strategy, there is a significant probability that at least one of these negotiations does not work out within 4 tries - forcing us either to abort and start over (with even more difficult negotiations) - or to pay diamonds right away.

DeletedUser4381

you know what goods negotiation wants :rolleyes:
your era, the era before and the promethium and oricholum (if in AF / OF)

so can you please do a check of your stock before starting negotiation :rolleyes:

and you see what you can offer before the negotiation starts (it starts when you pay the first try)
so you can check what the negotiation needs without starting it

suddenly?
so on the second try to give goods they want something else ?

so starting a negotiation without enough goods is like going into battle with 4 units and realizing you don't have enough to be able to finish it successfull

it is your fault

how does the game know which negotiations you will do ?

so if you are the last one of a level that is more expensive
but you do that with battle and do the negotiation on the first encounter of the next: and that is cheaper

and you know that you don't need to negotiate in a row ?
you can battle in between
so you can do encounter 1,2,3 and 5 of a level with negotiation and fight the 4th which is more expensive than the 5th

BTW:
if they check goods they should also check my attacking army
if I am using 8 artillery it is impossible to win the next fight if there are flying units in it
so win battles shouldn't be given in that case

I only ever negotiate in GE for the challenges so don't know the structure for it, and this is the first time I've been asked for goods I didn't have. You waffled on a lot after saying it, but I didn't know the bit in bold (that I could cancel a negotiation once I open the first round) so that's enough info to deal with it. Thanks.

Regarding army checking; Lovely straw man argument there. 7/10 for effort. (docked 3 whole points because it's clearly wrong, and easily dismantled.)
Pointing out that I should go trading before going negotiating? I'll be keeping it in mind for future not I know how the negotiations are structured, but when it comes to combat you are specifically shown the units you are up against before choosing to fight, and it's up to you to choose the correct ones in response. If I'd been shown the goods I needed before entering the negotiation then we wouldn't be having this conversation. (As it is, I've learned I can cancel a negotiation in the first round... which I'll say thanks again.)