• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

3,500 is easy. I do it every day in 'live'. I get the small 15 min. GE boost (1,500) and the 24 hr. Supply boost (2,500) every day. With an average of 75 friends and a show rate at the tavern of approx. 60% daily .... plus all the other ways of getting extra tavern silver. 4,000 is about at my upper limit for a day though.
Here's my 4 past full day stats with 75 friends

33.75 average per day or 2 Tables worth.

DeletedUser7942

Please, consider what you are suggesting here. Thst is a terrible idea.... speaking from someone who used it for a month just to try to complete the Treasure Hunt on a daily basis it is incredibly slow on mobile platforms, and you are only "clicking" on maybe 4 things (took me about 5 minutes to wait for pages and interfaces to load, for 1 city)

This is another feature Inno would be wise to fix so that the 2 platforms are in fact on a more equal playing field. Not everyone has access to a PC to do the simple "Inactive removal" process that the majority of players will use to fix their friend list.
I'm not sure what you're saying. I just tested Puffin to look through my Event History and it works fine on my cheap little phone.

DeletedUser8471

3,500 is easy. I do it every day in 'live'. I get the small 15 min. GE boost (1,500) and the 24 hr. Supply boost (2,500) every day. With an average of 75 friends and a show rate at the tavern of approx. 60% daily .... plus all the other ways of getting extra tavern silver. 4,000 is about at my upper limit for a day though.

I too am able to do this, and I don't always collect full seated Taverns. Most of the time if I see there is 8 or more I will collect to allow other players the chance to sit if I am away too long when it would otherwise fill up. I use the GE 15-minute boost about 2-3 times a week and use the 24-hour coin boost every day (2 12-hour boosts on days in need to use the GE boost. After these deductions (17300 over 7 days, I still gain about 6000 a week, again not collecting full Taverns but maybe once a day, usually 8-10 seats) I also do not search out empty seats all day everyday. I will look when I Aid my list, and then again 1-2 other times a day, depending on activity (and my personal productivity that day)

DeletedUser8471

I'm not sure what you're saying. I just tested Puffin to look through my Event History and it works fine on my cheap little phone.
Maybe it is dependent on Carrier then? I have sprint and use 3G/LTE (I save WiFi usage for streaming services while at home so I don't bog it down)

DeletedUser7942

Maybe it is dependent on Carrier then? I have sprint and use 3G/LTE (I save WiFi usage for streaming services while at home so I don't bog it down)
Oh I suppose going through the phone network would slow anything down. My phone is not even active, just using wifi.

DeletedUser8341

In general, the Puffin Browser solution is quite sluggish for Forge of Empires. Because friends & guildmates can be polivated from a single click on them (mobile requires two taps) it is about the same speed, though visiting taverns takes longer (one learns to tap/click ahead of the tavern showing, which generally works). Specifically going through the Event Log .. tedious because of the paging (the app has a continous scroll) but yes, it is workable. The whole experience of playing on the Puffin Browser - which i use at times on beta when the app doesn't have a new event or featue - makes me glad of the sharpness of the iPad app screen and the general responsiveness of the app.

The layout of the Quest Overview, particularly for recurring quests, is FAR better on the browser. I do hope there is a similar improvement on the way for the app.

qaccy

Emperor
That's a useful definitiion but please forgive me for remaining dubious, since listing only supplies buildings in the Wiki under the term 'Production buildings' implies otherwise.

Perhaps it is that entry in the Wiki which needs amending, if this is Inno's stance on what is meant by 'production building' with quests. While I admit to using the fan wiki much of the time, when I want to be sure of the definitive rule, it is the official wiki I look to for the information.

As far as the game is concerned, there is no such thing as a 'supply building' but I can somewhat understand your confusion. While I'm not looking at the wiki myself, I would imagine that buildings like the Bazaar and Aviary are not listed under 'production buildings' because they're not age-specific/unlocked via research and are more often thought of as special buildings by players. However, the individual pages for each of these buildings do correctly label them as production buildings (often calling them special production buildings). As you've indicated, perhaps the wiki page should be renamed to 'supply buildings' but even then, there are still buildings obtainable only through events which produce only supplies, such as the Reindeer Paddock and (not upgraded) Cider Mill.

Anyway, rest assured that what I said holds true, regardless of how the wiki is organized! Any building with 6 production options is considered a production building where quests are concerned.

DeletedUser6863

@Prinza the Hunter, I confirm that what qaccy says is true. I will use Bazaar, Aviary and other special buildings to complete 5 or 15 minute productions for DC. I quite often need to complete over 70 of these for DC so the more buildings I can use the better.

DeletedUser5882

You know, I agree on this being a CHALLENGE!
It really is a challenge to keep your mental stability after building tens of blacksmiths..... almost on d a i l y b a s i s!! :confused:

DeletedUser7942

You know, I agree on this being a CHALLENGE!
It really is a challenge to keep your mental stability after building tens of blacksmiths..... almost on d a i l y b a s i s!! :confused:
I haven't done the challenges really but see this blacksmith thing come up here and there in the comments. I'm not sure what the problem is. If the quests are asking for x amount of productions then using blacksmiths makes perfect sense. If it's really that disruptive to city design then I can perhaps see some point to that but this is the same for Events and the Story/Bonus/Side/Recurring quests if people want to do them they'll have to adjust to them to accomplish it.

btw tens of blacksmiths is nothing to me, I build over 300 on my OF Recurring Quest city, now that is Forge of Blacksmiths and I like it.

qaccy

Emperor
@TheSlayerofSloppyJoes It really does seem to be something of a problem though. Perhaps it's only the 8-hour production task that needs another look, as it's very troublesome to complete 22 productions without at least 11 buildings and even counting special production buildings some players have simply never had that many. That being said, the game should be encouraging buildings from one's own age in this situation, rather than one of the very first production buildings that a player researches. OF having three recurring quests that aren't age-specific is another (but related) issue, but regarding DCs in particular, as this is going to be a permanent ongoing feature of the game moving forward, I don't think the specific mass-building of blacksmiths should be encouraged. You may like it, but this is kind of what I mean when I say most players don't really see the big picture beyond their own game when providing feedback on something.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
That's a useful definitiion but please forgive me for remaining dubious, since listing only supplies buildings in the Wiki under the term 'Production buildings' implies otherwise.

Perhaps it is that entry in the Wiki which needs amending, if this is Inno's stance on what is meant by 'production building' with quests. While I admit to using the fan wiki much of the time, when I want to be sure of the definitive rule, it is the official wiki I look to for the information.
That wiki entry lists the production buildings unlocked via tech tree, it does not include special event buildings. But if you look under the Special Buildings list, when you open a specific building such as the Bazaar, you will see that its type is 'Production Building'.

I don't remember any quest requiring a Goods production. If it requires 'production' then it refers to production buildings (those with 6 production options). There is no such thing as a 'supply production building' because if you hover over the build menu the supply producing buildings are in fact Production buildings (also indicated with the supply/hammer icon in the quest itself).

DeletedUser7942

@TheSlayerofSloppyJoes It really does seem to be something of a problem though. Perhaps it's only the 8-hour production task that needs another look, as it's very troublesome to complete 22 productions without at least 11 buildings and even counting special production buildings some players have simply never had that many. That being said, the game should be encouraging buildings from one's own age in this situation, rather than one of the very first production buildings that a player researches. OF having three recurring quests that aren't age-specific is another (but related) issue, but regarding DCs in particular, as this is going to be a permanent ongoing feature of the game moving forward, I don't think the specific mass-building of blacksmiths should be encouraged. You may like it, but this is kind of what I mean when I say most players don't really see the big picture beyond their own game when providing feedback on something.
Oh I see it just fine. I saw that most players build a forgepoint city and knew right away I didn't want to do that. I saw that many get married to their cities packing them with Special Buildings and GB's and can't adapt to change and I didn't want to do that. I saw many do nothing but Arc level all their live long day and I didn't want to do that. So I went the recurring questing route which regardless if it's blacksmiths or not has afforded me to be highly flexible and versatile. That may not be your prefered playstyle and that's okay but it's one that Inno affords players to do. But regardless I understand many play differently and don't have a problem with them asking for adjustments to suit differing playstyles.

Andi47

Overlord
Finish 90 (NINETY!) 5-minute-productions.

this has a side-effect which has not yet mentioned in this thread, as far as I know:
It ate up my production bonuses from the Lighthouse and the Royal Albert Hall.

DeletedUser8277

If this particular task is tied into the actual size of your Tavern and friendlist then there is no reason it cannot be completed for those who challenge themselves to complete when that particular task has shown.
As others have stated before the issue with the tavern quest (which does scale) is that it does not challenge the player but rather the players friends. Entities to which the player has little control over. While a player may have an updated tavern, full friends list and the ability to check multiple times to see if their own or their friends is full, they do not have control over what their friend does that day.

With the ability to now have different DC times from your friends it is now possible your friends are waiting for their DCs to click before they do anything in game, clear their tavern or sit at yours.

That being said they have made adjustments to the tavern requirement from something around 90% of a players friends to something much more manageable. The last time I received a tavern quest I was able to do it. I had to keep on checking multiple times that day for clear taverns to pop up but the percentage had been lowered that by the time the DC was over I had 'succeeded'.

That being said, is it really fair to the player to base their success off of the actions of others and place their ability to complete the challenge in the realm of their friends and not with themselves?

DeletedUser7951

I think the tavern tasks are manageable if collect 3500 silver is the max you need to collect. For some it can be a challenge, yes, but I think us players need to accept the fact some task doesn't suit our playstyle and there for we can't complete a task.

What I am not enthusiastic about is the forge of blacksmith game. It's not so much it's a challenge, but it is so boring and uninspiring. What is the point of 22 blacksmith in OA ? It doesn't make sense really. It's just a chore. Inno has stated the amount of cycles are not predetermined by the number of production buildings you have in a city. But perhaps they should have some realism in it. How many production buildings, pure supply buildings are we suppose to have ? Let's say 5 (I read that in a faq when I started I don't have that many anymore but it's a number). Then Inno would challenge us more, keeping number of cycles down if they required us to produce in buildings of our own era. Because we would require to have those buildings, not the blacksmiths. And Inno would calculate the number of production cycles out from that ideal number for example 5. Meaning the most 8h production would be 40. If you can't do a 3x8 in your production buildings, you need to build more or skip it. <- more of a challenge.

DeletedUser8341

That wiki entry lists the production buildings unlocked via tech tree, it does not include special event buildings. But if you look under the Special Buildings list, when you open a specific building such as the Bazaar, you will see that its type is 'Production Building'.

I don't remember any quest requiring a Goods production. If it requires 'production' then it refers to production buildings (those with 6 production options). There is no such thing as a 'supply production building' because if you hover over the build menu the supply producing buildings are in fact Production buildings (also indicated with the supply/hammer icon in the quest itself).
Thank you for the explanation. Since the Wiki entry for Production Buildings lists some buildings, the text should explain that these are not all of the Production Buildings and to see more, have a look under Special Buildings. The definition of Production buildings as any and all buildings with the six timescale options would be helpful, too.
I am happy to write up a suggested improved text for you.

DeletedUser8341

... And Inno would calculate the number of production cycles out from that ideal number for example 5.
That 'ideal' number goes to zero as soon as a player builds a great building that turns out more than those five combined.

14% of GBs provide supplies. They are made pointless if players are forced (strongly encouraged) to have a bunch of supply buildings that are enough to meet their needs by themselves.

DeletedUser7951

That is a good point, but the devs seem to want us to produce, not just harvest from GB. They are forcing us to have production buildings in our cities. What's yours and my ideal number aren't necessary shared with the devs. Still think my suggestion is better than 34x15 min blacksmith option we have now. Offering both a challenge and making it more manageable without being boring. Terracefarms among others also counts as production buildings.