• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

dolphin

Marquis
An example of comments in guild messages:

"The best decision I've made so far in FoE....
Ignore the daily's and incidents.
Way to much stress for the daily's to get 54 X 5 minute productions or visit 45 taverns.
And for 270 supplies or coins I can't bother about those incidents anymore...
I'm easy again..."

DeletedUser8341

It is a shame about Incidents. They could have been so much better (without flooding us with freebies), so much more integrated into the game, so less like a strange bolt-on.

Daily Challenges, I think there will be a fair uptake. I think if there were no penalty for not even wanting to try that day (i.e. not looking at the tasks to do) then the take-up would be even better as players could pick the days they want to give it a go (e.g. not the first day of a new neighbourhood, not the first couple of days of GE, not just as the guild goes into a 3-day battle on GvG ...).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7780

I like the ideal, just not some of its components the prizes are great, but you can just about always figure on getting the bottom prize every time. Also some of the quest you have to do would be hard for some players, the chest I chose today, has do 33 4 hr. productions in production bldgs. Luckly I had room to put in blacksmiths to be able to complete it. There has been some days that I don't even do it. Either I don't want any of the prizes or what I am asked to do to complete it I can't in the time given. I like that you give us a chance to pick up some of the prizes of past events, but you don't give us very good odds on getting them.

DeletedUser8304

Hi

Just discovered that you can't fast track a 4 hr production using diamonds to complete the daily challenge. :( Perhaps it should......

Reproduction Steps:
1. Click on Alchemist production building to complete a 4 hour production cycle using diamonds
2. Paid using diamonds and completed the 4 hr production cycle
3. Completion of the 4 hr production cycle not picked up by the quest - complete 20 4 hr productions

Issue Description (10/10):

Please include the following information:
- What you were expecting to happen. I was hping to complete the daily challenge by fast tracking the production cycle
- What actually happened. The production cycle completed but it was not picked up by the daily challenge
- Visual reference if available

Player: * DM0603
World: * ZZ
Operating System: *Windows 10 Pro
Browser Version: * Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Viewport Size: *80%

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes/No

* This information is available in the about tab in the settings menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

At various times, "production" is used to mean the creation of coins, the hiring of units, and the gaining of supplies.
It is important to be clear exactly what is wanted when asking for production.

IMG_1143.jpg

This did not count 4-hour production in a goods building nor the (nominal) 4-hour production of a unit. If that's the bug, it needs fixing, otherwise the wording needs improving.
Please avoid saying "...in a production building." We see that in some quests and it is so wrong, since production in all (not just one) production building is counted.
I suggest:
Finish x y-hour productions in supplies buildings.
but the official Wiki calls them 'Production Buildings' so perhaps
Finish x y-hour productions of supplies in Production Buildings.

Andi47

Overlord
Hmmm.... "supplies production building" also is not the full truth - you can also do it in a Terrace Farm, where 4 hours would be Medals production. Maybe "supplies or special (e.g. Bazaar) production building"?

DeletedUser8341

I have few special buildings in my beta city and unlike some of my guildmates, I don't have DCs on my live worlds, where I do have a variety of special buildings.

Do we need to be testing just what buildings do and do not count? While I welcome that it is not only supplies buildings (some players produce all their supply needs with Great Buildings) it should be much more obviious what will be counted and what won't.

DeletedUser8341

Collect 3500 Tavern silver.

Seriously, Inno??
That's three collections of maxed-out Taverns. If that is the only tough task of the day, and if it is asked only of people beyond, say, HMA, it might be feasible. It is a tough ask, though. 2-and-a-bit maxed out taverns would be more feasible: say, 2,600 collected, requiring (typically) a morning sweep, an afternoon sweep and a late-night sweep.

DeletedUser7942

I have brought this up more than once that this is not realistic for most players. We'll see what happens.
Perhaps they see it from a theoretical perspective rather than a practical one as theoretically you could make over 10k silver per day.

Andi47

Overlord
I have brought this up more than once that this is not realistic for most players. We'll see what happens.

thanks - let's hope that the developers do something about this...

That's three collections of maxed-out Taverns. If that is the only tough task of the day, and if it is asked only of people beyond, say, HMA, it might be feasible. It is a tough ask, though. 2-and-a-bit maxed out taverns would be more feasible: say, 2,600 collected, requiring (typically) a morning sweep, an afternoon sweep and a late-night sweep.

Well, at least Inno should make it easier to recognize inactive friends (e.g. with growing spider webs), so that it is easier to make sure to have a really active friends list.

Perhaps they see it from a theoretical perspective rather than a practical one as theoretically you could make over 10k silver per day.

Theoretically yes - but only in theory. In practical game many players do one tavern round per day (together with their polivating round) - and often just a few times per week, because many players also have a real life. And when they see/hit a full tavern during their tavern round, many players won't try a second time at the same day.

So 3500 silver in one day is maybe possible (and might be easier if recognizing inactive friends would be easier than maintaining a daily polivating excel sheet or looking them up one by one (all 140!) in external sources such as foestats.com) - but requiring such a high number punishes players for doing actions (such as collecting a full tavern) in the one or two hours before start of the daily challenge. Does Inno really want to do this?

qaccy

Emperor
Do we need to be testing just what buildings do and do not count? While I welcome that it is not only supplies buildings (some players produce all their supply needs with Great Buildings) it should be much more obviious what will be counted and what won't.

Any building with 6 production options (5m, 15m, 1h, 4h, 8h, 24h) is considered a 'production building' when referring to quests. If any building under this definition isn't counting for a quest for any reason other than being the wrong age for an age-specific condition, then it's a bug.

DeletedUser

if recognizing inactive friends would be easier than maintaining a daily polivating excel sheet or looking them up one by one (all 140!) in external sources such as foestats.com
it is much easier

aid them via townhall: the last 2 day
then kick all who have still the aid button

so you have really active friends

So 3500 silver in one day is maybe possible
and when you have 100+ of those friends: 6000+ is possible on almost every day

so that it is easier to make sure to have a really active friends list.
that way you have a really active friends list

you only need to get new friends from time to time

but requiring such a high number punishes players for doing actions (such as collecting a full tavern) in the one or two hours before start of the daily challenge.
then set your start time before you do actions

DeletedUser8341

it is much easier

aid them via townhall: the last 2 day
then kick all who have still the aid button
This would be really great if I could do it. However, being an app player, I am denied access to events beyond about 10 - 12 hours old. If I don't log on, tap on my Town Hall, tap on the 'Enter Town Hall' button, then tap on the Event History tab within a few hours, I can't even see who attacked or plundered me, let alone who polivated me!

I was amazed when I realised that the events are so paramount to browser players that they are actually displayed every time you go to your city! For app players, we are left in the dark.

DeletedUser8341

Any building with 6 production options (5m, 15m, 1h, 4h, 8h, 24h) is considered a 'production building' when referring to quests.
That's a useful definitiion but please forgive me for remaining dubious, since listing only supplies buildings in the Wiki under the term 'Production buildings' implies otherwise.

Perhaps it is that entry in the Wiki which needs amending, if this is Inno's stance on what is meant by 'production building' with quests. While I admit to using the fan wiki much of the time, when I want to be sure of the definitive rule, it is the official wiki I look to for the information.

DeletedUser7942

This would be really great if I could do it. However, being an app player, I am denied access to events beyond about 10 - 12 hours old. If I don't log on, tap on my Town Hall, tap on the 'Enter Town Hall' button, then tap on the Event History tab within a few hours, I can't even see who attacked or plundered me, let alone who polivated me!

I was amazed when I realised that the events are so paramount to browser players that they are actually displayed every time you go to your city! For app players, we are left in the dark.
Sheesh, on Browser it goes back 5 days, yet another reason to not do the mobile, not that I needed more reason beyond lack of GvG anyway. In the meantime you can try the Puffin Browser app.

DeletedUser8489

Collect 3500 Tavern silver. Seriously, Inno??

3,500 is easy. I do it every day in 'live'. I get the small 15 min. GE boost (1,500) and the 24 hr. Supply boost (2,500) every day. With an average of 75 friends and a show rate at the tavern of approx. 60% daily .... plus all the other ways of getting extra tavern silver. 4,000 is about at my upper limit for a day though.

DeletedUser8471

This is in fact feasible for players with maxed out Taverns. I posted this on at least 2 occasions in this thread.

The fact of the matter is that this feature is meant to challenge players, am I correct @Robert ? (Please correct me if I am wrong and this feature is meant to be extrememly easy, if so please rename it to "Daily Tasks" because with the name "Daily Challenge" I have been under the impression this is something that is meant to have players make attempts to complete on a daily basis, and not just giving things away all willy-nilly)

If this particular task is tied into the actual size of your Tavern and friendlist then there is no reason it cannot be completed for those who challenge themselves to complete when that particular task has shown. If it is in fact tied to your age and not the Tavern/friendlist I can see this being a problem for those that rush through to "end game" content.

The same goes for "complete X of Y-hour productions". If tied to age and not the number of production buildings in your city this can become difficult to impossible when players have 0 production buildings at all (including special production buildings).

To a logical person looking at this feature it would make the most sense for DC tasks to be based on each individual city. For example:

Player A has 4 production buildings in their city (0 special types).
DC task asks for Player A to complete 22 8-Hour productions.
Even if they had 4 8-hour productions ready to collect when the DC starts they would only be able to complete 12 8-hour productions.

Player B has 30 production buildings (19 of which are special types used for 24-hour fp production)
DC tasks Player B with completing 22 8-hour production.
With 11 non fp producing buildings Player B would not be required to prepare a day ahead and could complete 2 rounds of 11 8-hour productions in a 16 hour period.

Player A has 80 friends, 8 seats available, and no bonus from floor or tip plate, and is tasked with collecting 3500 Silver
They would need to collect 7 full tables(488 silver), plus an additional 84 silver from either a 2 seat collection, or collect 5 silver from 17 visits (with a 20% chance that is 85 visits, impossible with only 80 friends)

Player B has a fully upgraded Tavern and 140 friends. Tasked to collect 3500 Tavern silver.
This would only require 2 full Taverns (1355), and a final round of 13 seats filled or collecting 30 silver from 27 players (20% would be 135 visits). (Or a combination of a partial table and the rest from visits)

Do you see the differences here?
In this example I am assuming both Players A and B are in OF, with different Taverns and city designs.

Now I know I have been constantly saying that this is meant to challenge players to make attempts to complete each day (again logically with the name "Daily Challenge"). However, I do see how these tasks could be impossible for some to complete vs others in the same Age.

@Robert and @Zarok Dai , this is why I am asking if the Challenge list is based upon only the players Age, or if the Challenges are based upon the players City design.

I am not asking to make the challenges easy, I am merely asking to consider making them more feasible based upon what you currently have In your City directly before accepting the Challenge on any given day, and not based solely upon a players current Age.

The Challenges should still be requiring players to actually make the attempt when tasks are deemed "hard" that day.

So if you have 20 production buildings, completing 30 8-hour productions would still be considered a challenge for some and difficult for others (depending on how much they are able to play that day), and having 6 production buildings and asking to complete 9 8-hour productions would work the same way.

The same would go for Tavern Silver, collecting 3500 with a full upgraded Tavern and 80 friends would not be easy for some, difficult for others, and having to collect 1500 for players with a half upgraded Tavern and 80 friends would be easy for some, difficult for others (again based on the players ability to play often or not, and the activity of their friend list)

Does anyone not understand this? Again, I'm asking if this is in fact meant to Challenge players (logically as the name implies), or this is meant to be easy to complete each and every day for every single player (and at that point why not just give players random prizes from the DC prize pool each day?)

DeletedUser8471

Sheesh, on Browser it goes back 5 days, yet another reason to not do the mobile, not that I needed more reason beyond lack of GvG anyway. In the meantime you can try the Puffin Browser app.
Please, consider what you are suggesting here. Thst is a terrible idea.... speaking from someone who used it for a month just to try to complete the Treasure Hunt on a daily basis it is incredibly slow on mobile platforms, and you are only "clicking" on maybe 4 things (took me about 5 minutes to wait for pages and interfaces to load, for 1 city)

This is another feature Inno would be wise to fix so that the 2 platforms are in fact on a more equal playing field. Not everyone has access to a PC to do the simple "Inactive removal" process that the majority of players will use to fix their friend list.