• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

Thank you for your responses.
  1. Questions for live servers are probably best referred to the respective servers. Whoever the CMs there are they should be more informed about their servers than the Beta CM. Plus it would their task to handle feedback/questions for those same servers, I believe Zarok Dai has a lot going on with Beta. :)
  2. Quest conditions do not take into account the number of production buildings you have in your city. Though that's also probably not hard to notice if you make design changes in your city and remove/add production buildings.
  3. The ability to set a start time is already there and has been at least for a couple days, please see the daily changelogs for a precise date on when it started.
  1. I assumed that nothing was relesased from beta without the developers say-so, and that this was a more likely place to find out what the developers have sanctioned for live release. I will ask on the en forum.
  2. Thank you, that is something people have been wondering about. I think it would be sensible to scale requirements to the. number of production buildings (with a low minimum). The result of not doing so is to devalue all (15%) Great Buildings that turn out supplies, given that ongoing play will require a large number of production buildings anyway.
  3. I was not aware that a custimised start time had been introduced and had missed any announcement on it. I am an app player and the option is not yet available to me. Please let me know if this is because it isn't being put on the app, so that I know whether to ask support to set it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
3. I was not aware that a custimised start time had been introduced and had missed any announcement on it. I am an app player and the option is not yet available to me. Please let me know if this is because it isn't being put on the app, so that I know whether to ask support to set it for me.
As the option was only introduced this past week, it would not be available on existing apps. It would only become available with future app versions. :)

DeletedUser8341

As the option was only introduced this past week, it would not be available on existing apps. It would only become available with future app versions. :)
I infer that the option will be available, which was not obvious given that the app does not have all applicable options. Thank you.

Achaeus

Marquis
Could we have some comment from Inno, please?

1. Why are some players now playing DC on live servers while most on the same server are unable to do so? This started within two days of the announcement that there was no release date for DC and while players on the beta server are still under the impression that they are testing.
  2. Are the number of productions required by DC affected by the number of production buildings in the city?
  3. When will the ability to set a start time be introduced so that beta testing can begin using it and feedback on difficulty under the new conditions be given? Once we can set our own time, it may be that callenges are too easy, or still too hard.

In response to:

2) I have been comparing with several Guildies and the number of productions required is affected by the number of production buildings in your city. It appears to be a slightly less than 2:1 ratio (i.e. if you have 10 production buildings you will be asked to complete 18 for DC). Sadly it seems like there is a need to check DC immediately after login, in case you might want to try to complete a challenge. 2x now I have been given 8 hour productions and would not have been able to complete that if I had not checked DC before collecting from the night before.

3) The ability to set the start time was introduced last week for the Browser version only. Open DC, and in the upper right hand corner is the clock ... just to the right of that is a gear, click on it and you will be able to set your start time.

DeletedUser8341

2. Quest conditions do not take into account the number of production buildings you have in your city. Though that's also probably not hard to notice if you make design changes in your city and remove/add production buildings.
In response to:

2) I have been comparing with several Guildies and the number of productions required is affected by the number of production buildings in your city. It appears to be a slightly less than 2:1 ratio (i.e. if you have 10 production buildings you will be asked to complete 18 for DC). Sadly it seems like there is a need to check DC immediately after login, in case you might want to try to complete a challenge. 2x now I have been given 8 hour productions and would not have been able to complete that if I had not checked DC before collecting from the night before.
Clearly, it is not so easy to detect as a user. The only sure way to know is what a developer says (yes, I trust them to tell the truth but understand if they make "no comment" to avoid players being certain).

LadyHecate

Marquis
2) I have been comparing with several Guildies and the number of productions required is affected by the number of production buildings in your city.
Don't forget that the difficulty of the respective Challenge is also in proportion to the number of Challenges you get that day! As such, if you only have two Challenges to complete on a particular day and one of those is Complete X x 5 minute productions, then X will be significantly larger than the same figure if you then had the 5 minute production Challenge on a day with 5 Challnges on it.

DeletedUser8461

I infer that the option will be available, which was not obvious given that the app does not have all applicable options. Thank you.
You can assume going forward that we won't be introducing any significant features in the browser version that aren't in the app. :)
The app will generally be behind browser features when playing on Beta though, because browser beta gets most changes as soon as they happen and for mobile we need to wait for a usual release.

DeletedUser8304

Hi

When first released, I stopped playing the daily challenges because they were difficult and unrealistic. However, since finishing the Gandhi Quest - I have recently returned to the daily challenges and they now seem to be more achievable. The recent changes that you have implemented have made an improvement and a positive difference.

SergeB1

Squire
After several days without blacksmiths I rebuilt them again.

Now I have no doubt that every time we are loading the game we see misprint and the real name of this game is Forge of Blacksmiths.

I just couldn't understand what wrong with devs? Why is it so difficult instead of "finish thousands of productions" make "get thousands production". Then it's player's challenge how to get them...

If I am to go to the trouble of doing a DC, I need to know _exactly_ what reward I will get.

so no more of those 'random chests' where you have 20% of getting what might be useful and 80% getting stuff that will never get built. It's just not worth it.

DeletedUser8341

If I am to go to the trouble of doing a DC, I need to know _exactly_ what reward I will get.

so no more of those 'random chests' where you have 20% of getting what might be useful and 80% getting stuff that will never get built. It's just not worth it.
  • It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 20% prize every day: that would just flood the game with top-end buildings and bee too great a reward for the effort.
  • It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 80% prize every day: that would just mean that few people would ever bother with the Daily Challenge because the prize wasn't good enough.
  • It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 20% prize every day and make Daily Challenges even harder: the majority of responses on this thread indicate that is unworkable.
  • It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 80% prize every day and make Daily Challenges even easier: that would just mean a boring nuisance that would recieve as much derision as Treasure Hunt or Incidents.

So, the only way to find a middle-ground is to offer the possibility of a high-end prize, scaled so that the game won't turn into mush. If that means that some players won't even attempt the Challenge, so be it. After all, there is nothing making a player play DCs, GvG, GE or even GBs. It's entirely up to each of us how we wish to play.

DeletedUser4381

Can a sanity check be added for the "Complete x other quests" challenge...

I'm being asked to complete three of them, and my current quests are
"Donate 300FP in GBs" (Going to take a bit more than 24 hours that one.)
"Scout Coral Kingdom" (Needs more than 24h)
Research Nautilus Replica (1089 FP needed to get that one ticked off.)

Not one of my current quests can be expected to be completed within 24 hours without diamonds or having a huge amount of FP and goods in reserve.

DeletedUser7942

Not one of my current quests can be expected to be completed within 24 hours without diamonds or having a huge amount of FP and goods in reserve.
Recurring quests?

DeletedUser8469

Hi, everyone !!!!!!

I don't know where I could write this, then I put it there : if there is another place, be kind enough to tell me :)

N3LIANA, Rugnir
http://www.noelshack.com/2017-38-5-1506035862-img-1652.png

She already has Daily Quest and Incidents.

Why would you keep giving the novelties to a part of the players of a world and not to all? Personally, I do not have the incidents nor the Daily Quest. I have already bought diamonds (80 euros for my Alcatraz).

Already, when the Incidents were not given to all players of the world Rugnir, French server, it was disagreeable.
There, instead of giving the Incidents to all the players in this world, you still give a novelty to only a part of the players.

I came, 3 weeks ago, to play beta server. And I'm wondering what FOE is doing....

Players with incidents, players with daily quests, players without one or the other?

The only rational reason is that you made bets between you, isn't it? You do statistics and you bet on what works best ??

Each player comes on the game tied or the idea is to put handicaps on some?

If still, FOE had restored a semblance of balance by giving the daily quests a preview to players who do not have the Incidents feature: but no.

It's not funny. Before talking about the daily quests, everyone wonders if others will not be too disappointed not to have them ...

If it's a question of test and feedback, explain to me how a 2 week-old player can give her opinion on possible changes in connection times and bugs?

Thank you for reading and have a nice game (regardless of how many features you have access to on your server)

Andi47

Overlord

@Robert this has been mentioned quite often - any statement of @innogames if they are really intending us to abort all the sidequests (especially at the BEGINNING of a new era) to get to the recurring quests and solve Unbirthdays?

DeletedUser8341

She already has Daily Quest and Incidents.

Why would you keep giving the novelties to a part of the players of a world and not to all? Personally, I do not have the incidents nor the Daily Quest. I have already bought diamonds (80 euros for my Alcatraz).
I, too, think that giving new advantages to only some people on a world is very wrong.

The previous excuse for this kind of behaviour is a need to "collect statistics" but the statistics will be somewhat wrong unless all players have the new feature, guild leaders are giving advice and assistance, and there is general talk about how to best play the game .. all things that will happen when everyone does finally get the feature.

Whatever the excuse for it, a limited release should include everyone on a world. That way, data mining is accurate and no player is advantaged over another.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7942

@Robert this has been mentioned quite often - any statement of @innogames if they are really intending us to abort all the sidequests (especially at the BEGINNING of a new era) to get to the recurring quests and solve Unbirthdays?
Guess maybe they need to open another questgiver slot.