• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I believe you are a speed viking Andi, I only have level 3 in my 3 danish town but as I said, I decided to take it easy on the live servers.:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I believe you are a speed viking Andi, I only have level 3 in my 3 danish town but as I said, I decided t take it on the live servers.:)
I have lvl 3 on my main. On beta server I just don't do it anymore... So that is even more surprising to me, I must say.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
@hiep lin what strategy are you using? And realy just *fifty* diamonds per village? Or is it rather *five hundred*?
on beta I made 5 settlements without diamonds, and with 1:00 and 4:00 for copper, I easily finished within the deadline.

On Noarsil I want to do as much as possible before the good weather to enjoy the sun. When I can I do 5 or 15 minutes for copper.
For example:
16h00 start with 2 axis smith
21:00 10 axes ---> 2 expansions for 6 and shrine for 4 + 30 diamonds
21h / 23h full of shrines x 5 minutes
23h construction of 2 axis smith
24h / 8h 20 axes + 8h / 12h 10 axes ----> Mead brewery with 20 diamonds (last expense in diamonds so total of 50)
12h / 15h full of shrines x 5 minutes
15h 2 Mead brewery
20h 10 mead ------> 2 expansions
at the maximum surface: 20 shrines x 5 minutes = 3,500 copper / h
YqUo1qVQ_Bo5XJBVsA3B95FFKsqPLWcgLUqk4HZ2eGqGj-PvwU-vd9jyRUV7K_e1VR9CDF4kDK2NxjLmB5XnFSGiTNNbFEFiV2WatYJ7XXlN9G2JkjgRddS7b14tO8weGfcGyhiSOKkmaTmwJFsJvWfdgWMf6gwMAg33I3sRToK9PO3gzmNWXjWnGsM32qCxfdQhqxYQQi4tZm9ckWOcnjBjGI6vHWnvB2_HRCDhOt2RpOgY6-SfH5dA1v_UnileAC_XhqqInVAwPFC9ujqkneiTcPUoatRnf6rYEI0NEItS-uwrbMjQcd1vnRipDBTufOq58hAehPc2dcNGSQU0-v9cd5JXXcN87pyJQ-Aeqx-R7GoelkM_VkrNjv9WBEdjZgdlC84OXJ9JHVu_r9Ql3jxKnv_9OujgjzCVuVw8cEufs6bKT7lZVOemSyxXYKE67ftCQxeVv5u7s6YmXqMWOQv_PY9tsMtNzCqfPx5VOxK4ITCL-Rvyic5QPFd4IsOnszAouMHlaHYJA3z1vaxBLKPQJS5FsjMdJPgegC2lG4FZnWfN4RWB0NJpnjnQUufb2-qhK9J5GH2NCl_U7IKKogWZTvr5NWnkZY_-obL-69V92ZJ4YvBOGw2HdXhhDW99raiDCL4zVZ33J_7F4rxCcHWI4wwJ-lma8pwRZyBeebGSnewl3NOQpbvf08agNA1XvK7i1TXZi-fLzqKhoFKXxGk=w1000-h500-no

-----------
End of the 10 th just after the change:
1) I have enough copper I'm only on the quest 14
G3NbK9B-MphXedoGzAg5mQmT-wSR9umxpV1zVIcKxIjeFl21LB6J2kkDVRe-xVRP-w3eQxgoSqvpSUCu9dLD8C3JVNzjCEsy_kdcjIkv4SFlHc-rYZXhNo9ICvAsL-trg1v5eggPQSsQcxt0Aiq6alAmL91dRc-o6TFjm8ZUAnEHo01IwzOcuewHcNAgAW_ys7McHNaWvFDELsIihGqms_eqb1hQmoKEzxVs67scVD0IzR3q0E9Kqr1MJD_UWgSU0JQCXQwtZCBwDCQIluRZUOBwOihrbyizXeih62vP_84X-TAZytxM7E-AKiP8GP4ObwrqlWW4R8D58L-gXg9LgmRW5Q1Gl9PQftw2eUAlf-MvWIrG5lmybo7SyPRdgk9jatdoiIo8vsK0ApwAlpKYyui_UAqD_jvmXFgsVxDuHlMJJUUBHmsvY6S78rhG_YHoyOb6qx5YpM5bEkVY_UCH1nkVfmBLswaT4oc6JGMFNGy37OUcbbGPrnWspPufHI5Dr0k4RSAvkxvVZ0Pvg9tTNLuG2HrsqC1u-4ewybiJmr68Vy_ZrUJHe0q5MdrtoeDsCBxnck67vwZhksjKt8FzWSJXu-fyMAhIN68A9Zhk2ECECedif5rgQ4OTGhxnJhYwclZ5UqBqQLgPmNFLSTu31bwk5PadJio4H1nXUjcjmqRuHl5KceEsM-KN_B9G9OXbDUPhyBLBsSEDiWv6fSHdyjo=w1000-h427-no

2) during the last production of goods.
vDg2MYe0hzJhqSzQd8muKhbqmSTe5hUOTlTyNbs49donpGpW4RsBDxbdUrmBkzTIuOWiDTfJ5HR3r8bTd78VJTvLnmpifv1eGxaOIOxL2BjL2kC1XWrBhOTlDVxWU2hQNwPNFsp8kAYeK-Cg0rf46dRNDLAvMEq_US8RzXw5_QcxFwL3DbEZtN8Niyg4enmAitGcgYRaftpMPx7WYXuRAJL44_pG_2hLfSCUDtXWwyFxFfjB4-Ifwedqf0ycy8hLXcqLPjoj7IxgMHpp9dtLPwoCbCnQ4WdEpGXAxTemLFwBXkX7zEjrmCK4kNESLdZJ4cOkFBbOxnrrLgqavzNUoGchy3hLPBLzvfxZULtNWJy6hDNYJzdDMH7C4jTgXjUQ5PhYQWwPFjO8miNY4t6Of9RXMOTkww59BTfIM2aSHIfZZBL-dim1nuw8YrjuGLUDpKmw-sRCE5T6x-K_2CmEEazQaRY5uJTed0Q3qBKHqVMyWcWnuTg9xEoz6qXS7QBkX-3vK1OS4kCSJM3opZ7Ry_fyeYzbWp-rTdKb4ehUbsO6wJVN4nD75IBBdUTTz3EYoe6gorvpECrlBW_c4kCo4KnW3iTen5hSzbKZS8ZqDu3LdQ-Lxe9xybCD26erAkLoO0W_psmRN25_wAa9vA6UmSNfQ8TdG7dYhH7zRwIG0hbfN_9nIZpsUU1hREEr2KQ2JbgzYjzb_7Sy0BSR4DJGcPU=w1000-h467-no

I still have to:
* destroy the wool farm
* to pose and then to destroy immediately the clan house,
* to pose and then to destroy immediately old willow
* to pose and then to destroy immediately Mead Hall,
* to pose the wool farm

And it's finished right away without waiting for the construction.

I have the advantage of doing nothing in my city (virtual finished).
GB at lvl 100 this is not my goal.

dpghost

Steward
The truth is that I dislike the Vikings
Basically you need to do supply runs of 4 hours or less, and that is something I have overcame in my city.
A long time ago... I don't do short term supplies or any short term, because it tends to disrupt normal Real Life.
The 24 hours buildings are OK, the 8 hours buildings are supportable and anything less than that is not in my city
Now, this Viking village demands to do 4 hour runs... I definitely gave up on the rune stone and will have the tree... later
Just please don't do the Egyptians on the same idea or i will really leave you

DeletedUser

yes something complete different for Egyptians would be great
(not the boring. produce coins, produce goods, have diplomacy, research, done)

for example: based on fighting: own units and enemies, a small map
GB boost don't apply to fight. no normal units (including rogues) can be used

so you need to produce enough units before you can fight
good fighters don't take so much losses and can fight more often
bad fighter (auto-battlers) need longer to recruit new units and finish it slower

DeletedUser8859

no normal units (including rogues) can be used
You mean
  • No special units (including rogues) can be used? : No Rogues, Drummers, Color Guards?
    • To use normal units like Archers, Trebuchets, Stealth Tanks, etc.,
  • No normal units (Archers, Trebuchets, Stealth Tanks, etc.), (and no rogues either), can be used?
    • Only to use new Egyptians units trained at the settlement?
    • No units trained at the city, no unattached units obtained at GE, Alcatraz, or quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You mean
  • No special units (including rogues) can be used? : No Rogues, Drummers, Color Guards?
    • To use normal units like Archers, Trebuchets, Stealth Tanks, etc.,
  • No normal units (Archers, Trebuchets, Stealth Tanks, etc.), (and no rogues either), can be used?
    • Only to use new Egyptians units trained at the settlement?
    • No units trained at the city, no unattached units obtained at GE, Alcatraz, or quests.
no units except egyptian units can be used in settlement
they are only for the egyptian settlement

like viking goods
no other goods needed in settlement
those goods can't be used elsewhere

I thought that would be obviously

and why no GB boost?
would be too easy: obviously

Okamiris

Baronet
@Zarok Dai do you have any information from the developers for this :

Hello,
Can you harmonised the order of the cultural goods, in the Embassy Advancements, on PC version, just like on App version?

PC version :confused: :
View attachment 3836

App version (android) :) :
View attachment 3837

Thank you

Although in your example it looks fine for android - there are still problems.
E.g. if one or more of the goods are not needed at all for an achievement. Sometimes the good is not displayed and sometimes it is displayed with a 0 and the ordering still gets messed up in the end - but not as bad as on browser
View attachment 3838

DeletedUser8277

I just finished the first settlement since the change to the final quest from 6 to 4 goods buildings. I was not aware of the 'cheat' to the diplomacy needed before so I did the quest as intended. I found it much better and took 8 hours less as I didn't need to wait for a clan house to build to fit all those things in.

I was also able to have an extra expansion last go around when a goods building clicked 4X for it's last run so the extra room also helped but personally I'm glad for the change but wont know for sure if I still need a clan house until the end of this one.

I do still wish there were more changes to come in regards to diplomacy throughout and the final timer but I'm thinking if they haven't adjusted it by now they aren't going to.

Andi47

Overlord
Village #15 finished - despite doing 5 production cycles per day it was *very* close for the gold reward.
Beta_Vikings_15_finished_last_minute.jpg

seems the balancing either does either rely on good luck with early 4x bonuses (which I did not have) or it assumes 6 production cycles per day.

And now....

*rowsing drums*

Yggdrasil Level 9
Yggdrasil_lv9.jpg

BTW: I was *very* lucky with 4x's in the last two production cycles (and finished with an excess of only 2 or 3 goods of *each* kind); otherwise it would have not been possible to finish in time.

DeletedUser8277

I will complete my 4th settlement in a few hours, and it will be the first time I complete one before the time for the chests expire.
Yes I don't think I mentioned in my above post I was well after all timers expired so the reduction in the last quest while nice, didn't do anything to help for that for me at least. I just started #5, I've gotten one of the chests once.

DeletedUser

Village #15 finished - despite doing 5 production cycles per day it was *very* close for the gold reward.
Beta_Vikings_15_finished_last_minute.jpg

seems the balancing either does either rely on good luck with early 4x bonuses (which I did not have) or it assumes 6 production cycles per day.

And now....

*rowsing drums*

Yggdrasil Level 9
Yggdrasil_lv9.jpg

BTW: I was *very* lucky with 4x's in the last two production cycles (and finished with an excess of only 2 or 3 goods of *each* kind); otherwise it would have not been possible to finish in time.
Congratulations, Andi :)

So, with your devotion to the theme, 5 months to get Yggdrasil. Wow.

balentone

Merchant
Lady luck doesn't want anything with me... 14th settlement, 22,5% chance for a 4x, and in 18 productions not a single bonus.

DeletedUser7703

Suggestion: Once you have completed 15 Viking settlements you gain a 50% diplomacy boost. Which would effect Runestone, Shrine, Clan Totem, Market, Old WIllow & Mead Hall.

It would be nice to relax some of the parameters once you have completed 15 settlements. You're the highest level "Friend of the vikings" so you could argue diplomacy should come easier - so a 50% bonus would be quite fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9541

Might an avatar (or two) be added for completion of 15 Viking settlements?