• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Andi47

Overlord
My first finished village after the change of the quest behaviour (concerning "1200 diplomacy"):

Beta_Vikings12_finished.jpg

Looks nicer, but also takes 8 hours longer, becouse I need to wait for the Mead Hall construction to finish in order to fit 1200 diplomacy AND 4 goods buildings into my village.

BTW: It seems that I DO need to *strictly" do at least 5 (FIVE) production cycles per day to finish in time for the top reward. *Yaaawwwwwwwnnn* I don't like setting my alarm clock to 2 a.m. in the morning for doing the Vikings...

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
BTW: It seems that I DO need to *strictly" do at least 5 (FIVE) production cycles per day to finish in time for the top reward. *Yaaawwwwwwwnnn* I don't like setting my alarm clock to 2 a.m. in the morning for doing the Vikings...
Then don't. You don't need to come in first every time to get good rewards. You can always make up missed runestone fragments after finishing 15 settlements.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Looks nicer, but also takes 8 hours longer, becouse I need to wait for the Mead Hall construction to finish in order to fit 1200 diplomacy AND 4 goods buildings into my village.
Why ?
settlement = 12 x 16 = 192 boxes
3 hut + 1 shack = 31 boxes = 193 vikings
4 axes smith = 36 cases = 180 vikings
50 totem = 100 boxes = 1,200 diplomacy
31 + 36 + 100 + 12 = 179 boxes <192

DeletedUser9712

Is it just me? I started the next round in the viking settlements and noticed it said I had 11 days to do it in, as before I had 14 days.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Is it just me? I started the next round in the viking settlements and noticed it said I had 11 days to do it in, as before I had 14 days.

It gets shorter after each completion. I think about 12 hours per completion so maybe you haven't looked in a few.

DeletedUser8090

click your reward icon on the left hand side, and click the ? mark at top right, then you would know.
I am doing my 7th (in live server) and it asks me to finish it in 12 days and about 12 hours

Last edited by a moderator:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I do believe Settlements need a little extra balance changes to make more enjoy it.
Diplomacy: Lower the demand for it in the unlocks, as it is now, it's a pain for most, to have to remove a lot of roads and place runestones. That pain is not needed and give a lot of stress.
Find a balance so if you produce enough cobber coins to feed the needed goods buildings to make it in time, you should only need some runestones, totems to get the needed diplomacy. increase Diplomacy from the buildings to 8, 32, 144 and 360.

The timer to get Greather Runestons frags: Let active players, who login 2-3 times a day have a fair chance to get them. Sure full upgradet, the GR is nice, but you will still have to finish 16 Settlements in time to get 2 of them, that's a lot of work so be a little more kind to your customers ;)
Where we now start 1. Settlement with 16 days and very few will make it in time, changes it back to 20 days and with 10 days for Settlement #16.

Remember alot of your customers do have job and family. Even with my changes, some of them won't make it but the ones who can login 2 times work days and 3-4 days in the weekend will have a fair chance make it.

There will still be some, who will use diamonds to raise buildings to get the settlement done faster and get a new started.

As it is now, way to many skip the settlement as it is way to stressfull, let more enjoy it and get more happy customers

qaccy

Emperor
@FrejaSP The time constraints are why there are multiple timers in order to receive Greater Runestone fragments. Even if someone is unable to meet the gold timer, there are still the silver and bronze ones which are (comparatively) much more lenient to reach if one wishes to acquire them. Bringing gold to a point where essentially anyone can reach it with little to no effort diminishes the point of even having multiple reward tiers in the first place.

On the other hand, the main rewards from the Vikings settlements are Yggdrasil and the emissaries. The Greater Runestone's not a bad building, but it's far less important than these other prizes which are obtained by simply completing the settlement regardless of how long it takes.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Even if you changes the timer to 20 hours, there will be alot, who won't make it. I can make it in time but not without messing up my RL. I don't know how many, who do make it in time, or how many that dro the settlement because of stress, only Inno can see that.
Maybe 20 days are to much, then make it 18 days for first Settlement and 9 days for Settlement #16.
Even 2 days will make a mega diff.

Andi47

Overlord
The timer to get Greather Runestons frags: Let active players, who login 2-3 times a day have a fair chance to get them. Sure full upgradet, the GR is nice, but you will still have to finish 16 Settlements in time to get 2 of them, that's a lot of work so be a little more kind to your customers ;)
Where we now start 1. Settlement with 16 days and very few will make it in time, changes it back to 20 days and with 10 days for Settlement #16.

I agree:
1.) players are humans (hopefully, because bots are prohibited) and need to sleep at night.
2.) many players have a job and can't always login on their phones in a well-timed toilet-break for taking care of the Viking production.

On the other hand it would be VERY helpful to increase the 8-hours production of shrines and Marketplaces to 600 respectively 1568 copper coins, i.e. 2x the 4-hour production. This would make it possible to win the "gold" runestone prize without setting "daily" alarmclock at 2 a.m. in the morning.

@InnoGames I can understand, that you want players to be as active as possible, but "forcing" them to set an alarm clock at 2:00 a.m in the morning for the Vikings or to log in at lunch break in the cantine or in a toilet break won't win anything for you. These logins are "login, ignore main city, go to Vikings, collect shrines [goods buildings can be set to 8 h without losses], restart 4h-production in shrines, logout."

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I agree, increasing the 8 hours coins gain woud also be a way but that would make the Diplomacy problem even worse as you would need less Shrines and Marketplaces.

DeletedUser9537

anybody else getting bored with the Settlement? I simply do not have the time of day to complete it for the "Prized" extra's and have already lost interest in the feature for future events...

Am I alone? I actually started to play Rise of Civilizations in Bluestacks because I got tired one day of waiting for the app beta version (I play on both platforms) with the Spring Festival... Anybdy else play? Im to level 7 and need to make and Alliance soon, or all the offers will make me go psycho on the players making them...

DeletedUser9537

P.S. I still think mini quests would be a better idea than the Settlements. The Mini Quests would be part of a Maxi Quest to earn an Ultimate Prize of a "Tree of Wealth" which would take like 30 days to bloom, but that once it did would have an equal chance of paying out 1000 Diamonds or 1000 FP's...

Something that would entice players to engage (in their time) to finish the mini quests so that they can progress in the Maxi Quest...

You already have the infrastructure for the Settlements and the "Special" quests (festivals) etc... Just set them up to work in the "Settlment Zone" and write a simple storyline for a different themed mini quest each time... The reward for completing the mini quest would be Puzzle Pieces to complete the Maxi Quest. Set it up so that you get one piece if you finish in +15 days and 2 pieces if -7 days... Then just create challenges that fit the Theme (Like an Egyptian Theme where Cleopatra needs to save a village, complete the following tasks to help her).

Easy Breezy... And you could sneek in surprise rewards at random (like the Temple Dragons in the GE)

This way hurry uppers and slow movers can progress relatively at the same pace. Do two quests a month. Then require 24 puzzle pieces for the Maxi Quest Prize. That would lock in the hurry uppers for six months and slow and steadies for 12 months...

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47 What's really wrong with settlements as they are now? That you have to decide whether or not you want to put in extra effort in order to strive for the gold timer? The silver and bronze ones are there for the players who would rather not disrupt their daily lives in order to do so. What's wrong with that? Again, relaxing the timer for gold diminishes the point of even having multiple timers in the first place. It's like saying level 4 of GE is too difficult and the boosts/costs should be lowered so that you don't need GBs or a huge stockpile of goods in order to get through it, when it's kind of the whole point that the highest level is intended to be more challenging. And just like here with the settlements, GE has the lower levels for the folks who still wish to be rewarded for participating in something, but don't want to sink an above-average level of time or effort into doing so. There's nothing wrong with that, but there should still be something that appeals to the ones who can rather than dumbing it down so it becomes zero-effort for everybody.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Noone ask for it to becomes zero-effort for everybody, just to make it a little more balanced.

Then lets changes the count of fragments for the 3 timers. They are not named gold, silver or bronze, just 6x, 2x and 1x fragments.

If we changes it to 4x, 3x and 2x, it will not changes anything for the ones that make it in the fastes time, they will still get 9x fragments but the one who only success one of the other 2 will get a little more. Second timer will give 5 fragments and the last one will give 2 fragments.

With 6x, 2x and 1x as it is now, it gives:
6x, 2x and 1x = 9 fragments
2x and 1x = 3 fragments
1x = 1 fragment

With 4x, 3x and 2x it would be:
4x, 3x and 2x = 9 fragments
3x and 2x = 5 fragments
2x = 2 ragments
This would be way better.

Even with 5x, 3x and 1x, it would be better
That would give:
5x, 3x and 1x = 9 fragments
3x and 1x = 4 fragments
1x = 1 fragment

I'm not asking to make it possible for all to make it but if you play each day and login 2-3 times a day, you should have a fair chance to make it in the fastes time if you balance your buildings right.
Andy47's wish to change to gain of cobber counts do also make sense.

Do it this way:
Shines to 16, 38, 113, 300, 449. 898
Changes:
8 hours = 525 coint
24 hours = 1050 coins

Markets 41, 98, 294, 784, 1175, 2350
Changes:
8 hours = 1307 coins
24 hours = 2612 coins

Not that big changes, but may do the trick to make more take part in the settlements