• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
I gonna get the 2nd best time reward on my 3rd Settlement and just figured out a nice thing :
10 Old Willows + 3 Clan Totems + 8 Runestones = 1200 Diplomacy ! (so without Mead Hall !) : this means that when I later today got my last Horns and Wool to unlock Mead Hall >> I can simply unlock Mead Hall and build one and get also 20th Quest with my 1200 Diplomacy and 6 Goods buildings I've already at the moment. So the building time of Old Willows I've to wait for, but NOT the building time for the Mead Hall ! How great that is ! :)
And since I've to wait for the 8 hour prod of 10 Goods too those 8 hours waiting for the Old Willows isn't any issue . ;)

Building 2 Clan Houses is way more handy than one. More place for Market and/or Goods buildings !
And yesterday calculated how much Copper Coins I still needed to produce the last Goods I was able to break down my last Market this morning.

I did my 3rd Settlement again with buying 10 exp. : 3 Axe / 3 Mead / 3 Horn and 1 last with Mead (also the only prod bonus I got was from Mead).
Had in total 5 impediments (1 of size 1 x 2, others 1 x1 ) in total of those 10 Exp + 4 starting grids.
Later a screenshot will follow ;-)
Old willows take too long. 14 expansions is plenty enough room for 2 options:
1. (Longer but less selling) Keep both clan houses, build as many Markets as you can, fill in with Clan Totems. After diplomacy part complete, sell markets and cts and build 6 goods buildings.
2. (quicker but too annoying imo) Build 200 runestones (Delete clan houses if needed). After diplomacy part complete, delete runestones as needed to build shacks and 6 goods buildings (assuming no clan houses, 6 axes+17 shacks takes up the least room).

DeletedUser9559

The amount of goods is completely random or what?

From my third settlement, I had to do : (around) 200 Axes - 513 Mead - 78 Horn - 51 Wool
And now with the next one, I have to do : 309 Axes - 237 Mead - 374 Horn - 18 Wool

What in the world..?

Old willows take too long. 14 expansions is plenty enough room for 2 options:
1. (Longer but less selling) Keep both clan houses, build as many Markets as you can, fill in with Clan Totems. After diplomacy part complete, sell markets and cts and build 6 goods buildings.
2. (quicker but too annoying imo) Build 200 runestones (Delete clan houses if needed). After diplomacy part complete, delete runestones as needed to build shacks and 6 goods buildings (assuming no clan houses, 6 axes+17 shacks takes up the least room).

That's "a option" you give indeed, but NOT if I still need to make enough Goods ! How do you think I can produce Goods with trying to get the 1200 diplomacy with building Martkets? :confused:
And mostly at the end of a Cultural Settlement I've gathered enough Copper so no need for Market's and Old Willows do not need population nor a road and are of a smaller size than Markets + I need at least 5 Clan Totems to get over 108 diplomacy (1 Old Willow give 108 D) ... so Clan Totems need also more place than Old Willows .

@servantofforges If it really is as you say, I can't event say if it is a good thing or not... :eek:
It IS random ;)
To compare my 2nd with 3rd Settlement (total of each Good I needed) :
2nd : 266 Axes - 3rd : 357 Axes
2nd : 261 Mead - 3rd : 227 Mead
2nd : 283 Horn - 3rd : 265 Horn
2nd : 128 Wool - 3rd : 89 Wool
For unlocking the Advancements at your Embassy. The total of goods is always the same : 938 Goods.
But then, of course, you need also Goods to buy expansions .

That's "a option" you give indeed, but NOT if I still need to make enough Goods ! How do you think I can produce Goods with trying to get the 1200 diplomacy with building Martkets? :confused:
Why are you still trying to produce goods while aiming at the 1200 diplomacy... If you're on the last quest you don't need to produce more goods.

And mostly at the end of a Cultural Settlement I've gathered enough Copper so no need for Market's and Old Willows do not need population nor a road and are of a smaller size than Markets + I need at least 5 Clan Totems to get over 108 diplomacy (1 Old Willow give 108 D) ... so Clan Totems need also more place than Old Willows .
No you don't need copper but you do need diplomacy. While markets take housing you said you have 2 clan houses already. With 14 expansions (10 + the 4 original) you shouldn't need to get rid of the clan houses. While Old Willows give more dip per space, they take 8 hours to build. The whole point of my post is that it is needless time wasted. Markets take 1 hour to build, they give the same dip per square as clan totems. Since you don't need to remove the clan houses, you might as well build markets and just fill in with clan totems (rather than build 50 totems).

Last edited:
The amount of goods is completely random or what?

From my third settlement, I had to do : (around) 200 Axes - 513 Mead - 78 Horn - 51 Wool
And now with the next one, I have to do : 309 Axes - 237 Mead - 374 Horn - 18 Wool

What in the world..?
Completely random: No
Semi random: Yes

Each advancement takes a set amount of goods. Which goods depends on what you're able to produce.
Examples:
Shrine takes 10 goods, since you can only produce axes it will always take 10 axes.
Huts take 52 goods, since you can produce axes and mead it will take X axes + Y mead = 52 total goods

Why are you still trying to produce goods while aiming at the 1200 diplomacy... If you're on the last quest you don't need to produce more goods.
I did not say I was on the last quest . I'm on Quest 19 : Have a Mead Hall (I've to unlock that and to unlock I need Goods)
Sorry, I had to explain that part ;)

I did not say I was on the last quest . I'm on Quest 19 : Have a Mead Hall (I've to unlock that and to unlock I need Goods)
Sorry, I had to explain that part ;)
Well one would assume you were talking about the last quest since 1200 dip is the last quest. Using old willows to fulfill any dip requirement is a massive waste of time but you do you.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
There is not one correct way to do it, it all depend of the map you get. some are doing like you, placing lots of runestones and clan totems to get the diplomacy, others like me, will not need that. :p

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Well one would assume you were talking about the last quest since 1200 dip is the last quest. Using old willows to fulfill any dip requirement is a massive waste of time but you do you.
That depend of how much copper you have. If you have plenty of cobber, just replace markets places with old willows while you produce the last goods, that will free some population to produce goods for Mead Hall and you may have the 1200 diplomacy already when you get the mead hall and affter that, you have populatiion to 6 goods buildings if you not already have them.

That depend of how much copper you have. If you have plenty of cobber, just replace markets places with old willows while you produce the last goods, that will free some population to produce goods for Mead Hall and you may have the 1200 diplomacy already when you get the mead hall and affter that, you have populatiion to 6 goods buildings if you not already have them.

Finally someone who understand what I'm trying to explain . :D
And I'm NOT saying that other strategies are wrong or that my strategy is best ! O no, far away from that ! :confused:
But I can say that in my case I don't have to do many delete and re-build things which can be annoying or boring ...

FrejaSP

Viceroy
9 days to go. With a little l 4x luck, I can unlock Beast Hunter early tomorrow, else i will have to wait to tomorrow afternoon.
As you see, I have the diplomacy to unlock.
I have 9 expansions now and will get one more for horn, when I get my horns. I was lucky to get 2x4x10 mead so I could more expansions for mead than I did plan.

Viking5f.jpg

DeletedUser9537

Nothing changed from yesterday except I removed some RuneStones and built some Clan Totems. I'll be able to unlock the Market in 8 hours as I am producing the last 40 of the 84 Axes needed. Diplomacy is easy as the roads go bye bye and have 25 runestones built.

Untitled9.png

Majenka07

Farmer
Hi, I finished my village today morning, but I did not get update for my yggdrasil. Please can you tell me why?