• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Not sure how effective it is, but once you have both the markets and the max expansions you wish to buy unlocked, doing copper first and goods after that might shave of a decent amount of time in the settlement completion.
I also love having enough cobber. A goodsbuilding waiting for cobber are waste of space and time.

DeletedUser9410

Today, I'm going to run 4 hours cc produktion, was to many 1 hours yesterday.

im with you all the way, i also mainly ran 1 hrs all day yesterday, until bed time then set 8 hr.
Just dont have the energy to keep coming back every hr today. lol

I also love having enough cobber. A goodsbuilding waiting for cobber are waste of space and time.

Here is where i made another mistake on my 1st run. I tried to operate it like a normal city and found myself sitting with goods buildings doing nothing all night, and because i didnt understand the mechanics properly at the time, it took a while to figure out what to do and how to do it.

This time i'm trying to balance copper and goods productions out better.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Here is where i made another mistake on my 1st run. I tried to operate it like a normal city and found myself sitting with goods buildings doing nothing all night, and because i didnt understand the mechanics properly at the time, it took a while to figure out what to do and how to do it.
Yep if you get to much cobber, just remove some shines or markeds and build more goods building. As long you keep the people in the settlement busy doing something it works.

DeletedUser9587

Me gusta mucho el asentamiento pero lleva mucho tiempo operar con la ciudad principal

Translation:
I really like the settlement but it takes a long time to operate with the main city

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-01-03 -
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

Last edited by a moderator:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
10 days to go, bedtime and tomorrow, I will place one more Expansion or 32 mead. First I will place one more Hut and I will have room for 3 more shrines, and then it's time to get goods for Beast Hunter. Or I could get the Beast Hunter first and then 2 expansions with horn.
And I do not need to place runestones on my road to get the Beast Hunter.
Viking5e.jpg

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Procced x4s like crazy this time (twice to get to mead brewery in 12 hours, twice more on the beast hunter expansions). 9 days to go on the timer and ~5 days of goods to go with no more procs

upload_2018-12-29_14-18-43.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
WOW, that's a big settlement with 9 days to go. Is all Expansions 12? brought with goods?

Yup all goods, no diamonds. I figure getting a x4 proc twice on my way to mead brewery cut off about 1.5-2 days. and the 2 procs from beast hunters probably another 8 hours or so.

DeletedUser7454

I am not sure if this is a glitch or it is intended. By mistake I deleted 2 of my production buildings and I did not get back the coins from them, I had them set at 4 hrs production -- which is 2K coin loss. I am not worried about 1 hr build back time but the 2K coin loss is significant for me.

Damjan88

Merchant
Just finished my 4th settlement, the mass goods production wasn't very lucky with the bonuses. I ended up running 60 x 4h productions and got a total of 4 bonuses (of which one was at the end and wasn't necessary ) Still think with higher chances it will prove to be a useful time saver :D

On the other note, the 5th one will be a breeze :D
bbbbbbb.jpg

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Nice map. Should be an easy one. I got one 4x10 mead so far, I hope I will have more luck in this settlement than in last one.

Damjan88

Merchant
There has to be some turning point where you can rely on them, so far you have to plan to get none to complete a settlement :D

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There has to be some turning point where you can rely on them, so far you have to plan to get none to complete a settlement :D

Well once you reach the point that you need them, the best time for them is at the start of a settlement... You could restart the settlement until you get the procs you need to rush mead brewery and then run through to the end. Later ones are more 'reliable' because you're running more buildings at once for more chances but also less impactful

DeletedUser9410

Well once you reach the point that you need them, the best time for them is at the start of a settlement... You could restart the settlement until you get the procs you need to rush mead brewery and then run through to the end. Later ones are more 'reliable' because you're running more buildings at once for more chances but also less impactful

A question on restarting please... If i start a new settlement, and i dont like the layout, eg too many obstacles, if i restart, will i get a new layout ?
Also will the expansion requirements and the goods for various buildings change as well?

Andi47

Overlord
A question on restarting please... If i start a new settlement, and i dont like the layout, eg too many obstacles, if i restart, will i get a new layout ?
Also will the expansion requirements and the goods for various buildings change as well?

As far as I know - NO. At least the impediments will stay at the same place.

I gonna get the 2nd best time reward on my 3rd Settlement and just figured out a nice thing :
10 Old Willows + 3 Clan Totems + 8 Runestones = 1200 Diplomacy ! (so without Mead Hall !) : this means that when I later today got my last Horns and Wool to unlock Mead Hall >> I can simply unlock Mead Hall and build one and get also 20th Quest with my 1200 Diplomacy and 6 Goods buildings I've already at the moment. So the building time of Old Willows I've to wait for, but NOT the building time for the Mead Hall ! How great that is ! :)
And since I've to wait for the 8 hour prod of 10 Goods too those 8 hours waiting for the Old Willows isn't any issue . ;)

Building 2 Clan Houses is way more handy than one. More place for Market and/or Goods buildings !
And yesterday calculated how much Copper Coins I still needed to produce the last Goods I was able to break down my last Market this morning.

I did my 3rd Settlement again with buying 10 exp. : 3 Axe / 3 Mead / 3 Horn and 1 last with Mead (also the only prod bonus I got was from Mead).
Had in total 5 impediments (1 of size 1 x 2, others 1 x1 ) in total of those 10 Exp + 4 starting grids.
Later a screenshot will follow ;-)

DeletedUser9761

This is my initial feedback for CS after completing the first 3 settlements.
I find creating a settlement quite challenging but very doable to get the best rewards so far in the first 3 levels which I have done.
Currently, I am also working the Forge Bowl Event.
Looking at the final rewards from both processes/events the Colossus and the Yggdrasil. I see a lot more time and effort to get a Yggdrasil that is not much different in Attack % increase. I don't see myself finishing the Cultural Settlements based on what the final reward is currently set at. I would finish the process for the final upgrades on the CS if the the defense% was the same as the attack %, similar to the Terracota Army GB. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to try out the Cultural Settlements.