• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Emberguard

Emperor
You only get 2 buildings from the questline. And in my opinion, if you have the tickets go for the 5% game, because every time you lose it goes up 15 florins per ticket - which is 5 more florins than if you played the 100% game every time. However, that does mean you need to win the 5% game eventually to rake in the profit. Idk :)
I tried this last year with the 5% and lost everything. Only upgrades I could win because of the 5% was from the questline guaranteed rewards even with saving up tickets before going for the 5%. If you go for 5% you're either wasting your time or someone elses. Even with a stack of tickets more often then not you're going to run up empty if you only go for 5%. Some of the time I'd be pressing the 5% and someone else would join part way through and get the prize instead of me. It's just too risky if you're not going to be buying stacks with diamonds.

At which point you've got to ask yourself if you bought 396 tickets for the 4k diamond equivalent of 10k florins, can you beat the 10k florins in that amount of tickets or will you run dry?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I tried this last year with the 5% and lost everything. Only upgrades I could win because of the 5% was from the questline guaranteed rewards even with saving up tickets before going for the 5%. If you go for 5% you're either wasting your time or someone elses. Even with a stack of tickets more often then not you're going to run up empty if you only go for 5%. Some of the time I'd be pressing the 5% and someone else would join part way through and get the prize instead of me. It's just too risky if you're not going to be buying stacks with diamonds.

At which point you've got to ask yourself if you bought 396 tickets for the 4k diamond equivalent of 10k florins, can you beat the 10k florins in that amount of tickets or will you run dry?

Which is a good question to ask - and without stipulations on the conditions under which you bought those tickets, the answer is 'no'. (none of the base games are above the 25 florins per ticket needed).

As an individually purchased diamond ticket, if the 5% game is already above 450 and you use the double your chance option it is technically more diamond efficient than buying florins (10% chance of 450 = 45 - 20 = 25 per ticket). If you're able to make that choice regularly, then buying tickets is better (probably would use the 5 at a time option so that you have at least 5 hours to find the next good opportunity if the prize is stolen out from under you while you buy the tickets but in the more likely case that you're going to get to make a few tries in a row it saves a lot of time while someone else is trying to win it too). The same can be said of the 15% game above 150 (again with double your chance: 30% of 150 = 45 - 20 = 25 per ticket)).

Even without spending diamonds or a generous neighborhood that allows you to start from a greatly inflated prize, it is worth playing the 15% game at least (while at as close to full tickets as you can be). Sometimes yes, you'll leave a big pot on it - but even including that possibility in the many times you'll take a run at it over the event it is going to pay off better than the 100% for 10. It's just not worth spending diamonds to build a fresh pot (it might be worth spending diamonds 1 ticket at a time to win the big pot you're leaving stranded depending on your ambitions).

Last edited:

DeletedUser9537

Here's what I see as the basic problem

BETA
noun

1. a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.
  2. A second level, external pilot-test of a product (usually a software) before commercial release. At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed. But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to selected customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.
How many of us actually think about the process it took for a company to get that new product from a basic idea to a readily available item? Before a company releases a new product, they often run it through various tests. The testing that is of particular interest in this lesson is a process called beta testing.

This type of testing is often referred to as 'pre-release testing' as its goal is to find and remove any remaining defects before the product becomes available for commercial release. An example of beta testing would be offering a free trial download of a software product via the internet and seeking customer feedback.

Feanor II

Baronet
BETA
noun

1. a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.
  2. A second level, external pilot-test of a product (usually a software) before commercial release. At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed. But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to selected customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.
How many of us actually think about the process it took for a company to get that new product from a basic idea to a readily available item? Before a company releases a new product, they often run it through various tests. The testing that is of particular interest in this lesson is a process called beta testing.

This type of testing is often referred to as 'pre-release testing' as its goal is to find and remove any remaining defects before the product becomes available for commercial release. An example of beta testing would be offering a free trial download of a software product via the internet and seeking customer feedback.

What's your point exactly? I don't disagree with any part of this.

The post you excerpted my quote from was stating that the Carnival Event is weak compared to others since it doesn't have a Grand Prize function (which is also a repeat of last year's structure so it's not new). If you believe I'm wrong please provide a rational breakdown of my comment and where, specifically,you believe my errors are.

Getting a sense of deja vu...

DeletedUser7107

falerist chest, rename it as the fail chest. Medals? anyone with a level 80 arc has gone past the need for medals as a prize or reward. Which makes the chest totally worthless

Feanor II

Baronet
falerist chest, rename it as the fail chest. Medals? anyone with a level 80 arc has gone past the need for medals as a prize or reward. Which makes the chest totally worthless

True, but there's a lot of players who don't have a L80 Arc and will jump on the chance for medals. Just look for a chest more to your liking.

DeletedUser9666

We are looking at historical quest lines to see if they can be improved more, to make them more engaging to want to participate. If and when we do introduce them back into the game in some form, you will hear about it here on Beta first :)

How about asking Beta community for some good suggestions, for once?

I am suggesting it because after that Viking thingy, I start to dread any other "improvements" InnoGames may come up on its own.

Thunderdome

Emperor
So far, I begin to like this. The tickets come up until maxed (at time) which is good when I am at work doing something. However, I wish the app could get the event so I won't have to wait until I get home on a computer to participate in the games for the event.

Oh well, I guess I can do that when I play on the live server... heh heh.

Emberguard

Emperor
How about asking Beta community for some good suggestions, for once?

I am suggesting it because after that Viking thingy, I start to dread any other "improvements" InnoGames may come up on its own.

I've lost count the amount of wistful comments by players about wanting to go back to a previous tech age because of how great that age was, or wanting to explore other possible tech ages that would have been skipped over but wouldn't really make sense to put in at the end of the current tech tree. Sounds like the basis of cultural settlements....

indian20

Steward
There is something that really annoys me (beside the fact that it is all based on luck):

why do I get the upgrade kit as a special price before I even have the chance to win the actuakl building - it is now the third time, that an upgrade kit is in the special price but the building has not? Or am I missing something here...

DeletedUser9734

Percent chances of winning the special prizes are too low, I spent over 3000 florins today to try to get the special prize and failed. Most chests have under 10% chance of winning the prize. Forge bowl had some at close to 20%. I've spent 6000 florins and got a special prize just once so far. This needs a tweak.

I also agree with someone's comment that it should be possible to buy some items using the florins, this feature was in last year's Carnival.

hddk

Steward
Percent chances of winning the special prizes are too low

I agree. We'll get Mask Vendor and one Selection Kit doing quests, so we have to win 8 special prizes (4 buildings lvl.1 and 4 different upgrades). I think chances should be increased or maybe different upgrade kits should be replaced by one "all-purpose" Selection kit. Besides, amount of florins also depends on luck in mini-games.

DeletedUser

There is something that really annoys me (beside the fact that it is all based on luck):

why do I get the upgrade kit as a special price before I even have the chance to win the actuakl building - it is now the third time, that an upgrade kit is in the special price but the building has not? Or am I missing something here...
Yes, I'm wondering about the same thing. I guess it is a way to make us spend tons of diamonds, when basic buildings will finally show up... :)

DeletedUser6645

What has been said before by other people that I agree with: Copy paste the event from last year, well we testers have more issues this time.

So we need a grand prize or a box to buy the daily upgrade. I can't be online every 6 hours to check the prize So I'll probably won't get the set complete. I have won 3 upgrades to a piece I may or may not win. The upgrade kits should be a choice between the level 1 and level 2 building.

Look cherry garden set came one year and if you want the upgrade come back next year. Perfect example of retaining your customers, if you know what I mean. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the boxes 65% for a victory tower, nah comon. Upgrade for the victory tower just as useless but that is something I want to win from an event, you know one of the reasons to play it so you get a chance to get some money from me. Previous events with the same name or same time should have some upgrades from the previous buildings. I think it's called continuity...

This event is so easy to spend diamonds on tickets because you want to beat your neighbour who won something. Scroll bar on the bottom of the popup who won how many florins.

Every week the most spender or lucky winner should win the server league extra stuff not over the whole event. Or then really go big for the 1% and give a complete set. Yep the best way to get players to pay to win is to really go big and be the "Veridian dynamics" of companies.

The quests now really again daily tasks?!. I've got other worlds where an event is running. Just let us, for once, here on beta just finish this one in one shot.
The quest prizes why do I get 250 florins in between the tickets? Isn't it better 5 then 10 tickets? Sometimes 250 florins is not worth is, sometimes 5 tickets is not worth to do it.

Lastly, splitscreen my browsertabs, when I have the beta server on the right tab and the eventbox open, when I hover over what's in the boxes the tooltip percentages fall offscreen. I would need to play fullscreen and like I said I've got other things to do.

P.S. give the support that Support needs to put us in different neighbourhoods when we actually take the time to write in. They are sooooo unmotivated (you should pay them if you can pay the Support staff of other games) even to place buildings or items back that were accidentally deleted. Does not say in the rules of the game that only 3 times a year something can be placed back, but that is probably another thread that I am too lackluster too search for, etc.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Well Inno, I started testing and boy am I glad that I have. This is one of the few events when I usually spend diamonds on the live servers. Not this year though. Just opened over 30 chests - yep, spent thousands of florins and not a single special prize despite always selecting odds of 10% or more. I will finish testing but you can seriously stuff your event where the sun does not shine as far as the live servers are concerned. I simply can't be bothered to waste either time, or especially money, on an event like this. Don't give all the usual guff about the chance ratio being balanced over the whole server. I am only interested in the bang that I get for my buck and you have just demonstrated to me that I don't actually get any bang, not even a small fizzle, but you still get the bucks. Well not from me.

Feanor II

Baronet
I agree. We'll get Mask Vendor and one Selection Kit doing quests, so we have to win 8 special prizes (4 buildings lvl.1 and 4 different upgrades). I think chances should be increased or maybe different upgrade kits should be replaced by one "all-purpose" Selection kit. Besides, amount of florins also depends on luck in mini-games.

I agree completely. I'll probably skip the Piazza set entirely and just focus on consumables. Unless they create a Grand Prize function; then all bets are off. But I highly doubt that will be the case.

Well Inno, I started testing and boy am I glad that I have. This is one of the few events when I usually spend diamonds on the live servers. Not this year though. Just opened over 30 chests - yep, spent thousands of florins and not a single special prize despite always selecting odds of 10% or more. I will finish testing but you can seriously stuff your event where the sun does not shine as far as the live servers are concerned. I simply can't be bothered to waste either time, or especially money, on an event like this. Don't give all the usual guff about the chance ratio being balanced over the whole server. I am only interested in the bang that I get for my buck and you have just demonstrated to me that I don't actually get any bang, not even a small fizzle, but you still get the bucks. Well not from me.

Now, if there was a Grand Prize, you still wouldn't have gotten those individual prizes, but you would at least get something.

Frankly, I'm flabbergasted that they can have such a glaring hole in the Event structure and a year later still have the same problem, especially when all they have to do is use every other event as a model. It's not like they don't know how to do it, they just choose not to for some reason.

Ah well, Spring Event will be coming soon anyway. I desperately hope that it will feature Cherry Set Level 3 and not be more new buildings that I have no room for. But I digress.

DeletedUser9796

Please leave any feedback for the Carnival event in this thread.
You can find all the details here.
I really like the new portraits, however; I wonder though. Where will we find the room for all these new buildings, every event brings new buildings, but we have no where to place them.. why don't you offer some expansions with these events so we will have somewhere to place the buildings that come with them?