• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The description window for the Piazza Mask Vendor, Lv1 and Lv2, is missing the medal amount. Just says "Every 1 d" for both
aIHyTYE.jpg

nope

all ages buildings don't show the medal amount in the inventory
you can compare that behavior with the victory tower

you need to build it to give the building your era and then it shows the amount

DeletedUser5160

Buildings are completely unappealing. At this point, just going to be on standby to know what the optimal arrangements are. To have to gamble for 8 extra buildings is kind of silly..... TBG wont even bounce off them well. A single large building is so much better and makes it feel like more progress is being made.

DeletedUser

I hate this event the most.
I agree
because it is the most unfair event of them all

the lucky ones get the big pots
and with that can open more chests to get more good prizes

@Zarok Dai
will there be more historical quest lines this year ?
I prefer those because they are really fair: everybody gets the same buildings

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Buildings are completely unappealing. At this point, just going to be on standby to know what the optimal arrangements are. To have to gamble for 8 extra buildings is kind of silly..... TBG wont even bounce off them well. A single large building is so much better and makes it feel like more progress is being made.

Same sort of arrangements as cherry set, just 1 more building needs road. The deco can be overlapped between two sets though with roads spaced 7 apart and a couple little roads in with a spare SoK space.

upload_2019-1-16_23-17-6.png

edit: goods should be 32

It's a nice set.

There will be other arrangements of course but this is the simplest option other than the 5x5 with roads on 2 sides and saves 1 fountain of space (nothing great for bonuses on it anyways).

Umbrathor

Baronet
I'm missing the information line that says 'neighbor x has gotten x florins.' Or some other strong hint that the amount of florins is shared with the neighborhood. I have found that many players do not realize that in some events, the neighborhood sees the same prizes as they do. This often leads to frustrating situations: people renewing wheels of fortune with top prizes on it. So they more players realize that a wheel or prize pot (as in this case) is shared, the better. Ideally, I'd like that to be much more clear than it currently is.

Also, I hope the Bridge upgrades from last year will be winnable.

I find it unfortunate that every event a new building is introduced, even if the event is not new. It makes me feel that al the upgrades I have left, and all the buildings I didn't manage to upgrade in previous events, are made worthless by it.

Maybe the idea is that if you didn't work hard (or spend) enough to get a fully upgraded prize in the previous event, your lazy (and cheap) ass shouldn't get a second chance this time. But in all cases in which I didn't get a fully upgraded building, getting upgrades was a matter of chance and I just had bad luck with the random number generator. I'd appreciate a chance to complete the Grand Bridge, and Tholos of Idols, for instance.

Maybe they could introduce an event or chest where you can win random upgrades... including the Confectionary, Graveyard and such.

DeletedUser7959

You'll get 3 building from quests, so you need to win only 2 to end the set. I didn't see players upgrade all the Cherry set buildings, mostly the Sakura Rock...
I like the visual variety even if it's the same stuff in numbers that we already have.
But yea, the luck with prizes gets me mostly angry and disappointed with events. Those %s...

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
You only get 2 buildings from the questline. And in my opinion, if you have the tickets go for the 5% game, because every time you lose it goes up 15 florins per ticket - which is 5 more florins than if you played the 100% game every time. However, that does mean you need to win the 5% game eventually to rake in the profit. Idk :)

DeletedUser7959

You only get 2 buildings from the questline. And in my opinion, if you have the tickets go for the 5% game, because every time you lose it goes up 15 florins per ticket - which is 5 more florins than if you played the 100% game every time. However, that does mean you need to win the 5% game eventually to rake in the profit. Idk :)
There are 2 kits and 1 building (so 3 buildings total). Otherwise, I'm confused about why they draw those kits that way.
// Maybe you're right... Yea, you probably are. Weird.

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

LastWarrior

Regent
It is waaaay to hard to get a set, the percentage of acquiring pieces needs to be upped dramatically or no-one will bother with this set, it is a pity because it is very asthetic.

DeletedUser9808

I think this is a cool event. It has everything in it: activity, luck, patience, competition, tough decisions and most of all: cool prizes.

I don't understand why everybody is complaining so much about it. You can receive a nice set and it has a level 2 set as well. It's not a shame if you can't complete it all right? People always complaining about that the event is too simple. I think Innogames has done a nice job to combine all the different aspects together. Finding the right pieces is a exciting task to do as well? The set looks very cool in my opinion. Looking forward to this event!

DeletedUser4403

You missed the CEO/game dev interview in the settlements feedback... They stated that there will be a focus on *less* events this year and more or less being replaced by the settlements addition. Main events will remain, implying the historicals are getting the axe (or at least greatly reduced) going forward.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/video-cultural-settlements-vikings.9642/

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai

We are looking at historical quest lines to see if they can be improved more, to make them more engaging to want to participate. If and when we do introduce them back into the game in some form, you will hear about it here on Beta first :)

DeletedUser8743

The event is almost completely about luck. I just spent 20 tickets on 15% and didn't win (less then 4% chance of that happening). Someone else used several more tickets to drive the reward over 300. So I ended up buying 5 more tickets and paid to double the chance to 30% and it still took 4 more tickets to win. Then I have ~3000 florins so I try to win one of the set pieces but don't even though I open ~12 chests. There's also the annoyance that the ticket bar maxes out at 10 so you can't stockpile tickets. To top it off, the special prizes change every 6 hours so the item that you want could come and go while you are sleeping or at work without you even knowing it.

DeletedUser5160

You'll get 3 building from quests, so you need to win only 2 to end the set. I didn't see players upgrade all the Cherry set buildings, mostly the Sakura Rock...
I like the visual variety even if it's the same stuff in numbers that we already have.
But yea, the luck with prizes gets me mostly angry and disappointed with events. Those %s...

My quest outline only shows 2. One for 6 quests, another for 55 quests.

Feanor II

Baronet
I think this is a cool event. It has everything in it: activity, luck, patience, competition, tough decisions and most of all: cool prizes.

I don't understand why everybody is complaining so much about it. You can receive a nice set and it has a level 2 set as well. It's not a shame if you can't complete it all right? People always complaining about that the event is too simple. I think Innogames has done a nice job to combine all the different aspects together. Finding the right pieces is a exciting task to do as well? The set looks very cool in my opinion. Looking forward to this event!

Well, first of all yes it is a shame if you can't complete the set because it's only valuable as a complete unit (I laugh when I see cities with little pieces of the Cherry set scattered all over). I agree the set looks very cool and is certainly terrific to have. However, as I pointed out previously there is no Grand Prize function the way there is with every other event, so your Event Currency only incurs half the rewards-at best-relative to the other Events. It's better than no event at all (I strongly disagree with those who say "too many events"; I'd prefer to have an Event going 24/7/365), but it's by far the weakest of them. In addition, they seem to have eliminated the option to buy the "special prize" (or whatever we're calling the rotating 6-hour prize) with florins/diamonds, which makes it even weaker than it was last year. IDK why they did this, but it's a disappointment.

Luckily, it's followed by the Spring Event which was much better last year and hopefully will be again this year.

DeletedUser8743

You missed the CEO/game dev interview in the settlements feedback... They stated that there will be a focus on *less* events this year and more or less being replaced by the settlements addition. Main events will remain, implying the historicals are getting the axe (or at least greatly reduced) going forward.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/video-cultural-settlements-vikings.9642/

Historical events getting axed isn't a big deal to me. However, I haven't heard anyone who is hyped about the Vikings settlement. I expect most people doing it are just doing the 1st 5 quests to get the 25FP and then starting over repeatedly.
Impediments is not much of a challenge. I hope that they have something better for the Egyptian settlement.

Feanor II

Baronet
Historical events getting axed isn't a big deal to me. However, I haven't heard anyone who is hyped about the Vikings settlement. I expect most people doing it are just doing the 1st 5 quests to get the 25FP and then starting over repeatedly.
Impediments is not much of a challenge. I hope that they have something better for the Egyptian settlement.

While the Settlements are a little repetitive, I'm enjoying them. It's letting me scratch that "I'm bored, should I start a new city?" itch without actually having to start a new city.

My hope is that Historical Events aren't going away completely. They are a fun digression to do from time to time.