• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

maybe it is not the intention of InnoGames that the average Joe get a full level 2 set
or else they could have made it a set without levels and stats from the 2nd level

they could want that players have a level 1 set and a few (1 or 2) buildings specialized at level 2 for them

its nice once in a while to have an event with prizes not worth going after.
in 2017 Easter Event it was worth to go after a level 1 set with similar stuff
because at that time there was no level 2

but looks like that is the way this game goes
what was great 2 years ago isn't worth going after in 2019

Amdira

Baronet
As they are releasing VF3 on live servers tomorrow, there's hope they'll skip this event completely on live servers and finally bring one of the outstanding historical quest lines :D

DeletedUser8168

Just want to add my 2 cents ....this is the worst event I have seen in all areas for the past 4 years I have gotten
only a couple of the game pieces along the way tho I hate sets as well the pieces are worthless if ya don't get an entire set and if you are lucky enough to get all the pieces then they are to BIG for the amount of reward ..........the sucken threasure and the
sleigh builder are the right size and have great rewards 2 x 2 would have been better but 3 x 2 is workable
but again the graphics on this event just bad the game play odd were deplorable and the odds just terrible I telling everyone on the live servers to bypass and not to think about it and enjoy the free weeks off of events

I got sniped 3 times playing the carnival games on Beta. I spent time, resources, and effort on 20 quests to pay for someone's big win. As such, I will be skipping this Event on the Live Servers. In the Forge Bowl event, I worked hard on 15 worlds (including Beta) and was rewarded with 15 Level 10 Colossus and 3 piece Garden sets for my effort. With this event, I worked hard and had to be rescued by the last quest PSK just to complete my Lv. 1 Piazza Set.

DeletedUser9356

I've got just over 24 hours left in this game. I've got 2 base Piazza pieces, and an upgrade for a piece I don't have. I hope they rebalance and rebuild the game for live servers, because this is by far the crappiest game experience I've had, live or in beta, since I started playing FoE **mumble*** years ago. The only thing worse I can think of is the whole "fragments" concept. one so stupid that its inventor should have lost his job.
1) Daily free florins
2) Higher max tickets than 11
3) None of this "10 specific pieces, each of which you have only a minuscule chance of finding" to make a full set
4) Less pathetic chest prizes, as well as more reasonable chances of getting Piazza pieces
5) Tie in to prior Venice-themed goods: maybe a generic Venetian Upgrade good on anything from a Venice Bridge to a Masquerade?
6) Figure out some solution for those of us whose neighbors have simply walked away from the lottery and refuse to play.

DeletedUser9613

Hi,
for me the buildings are incentive for betting on them.
But the chance to get 5/5 is not good. So the risk is really high and may frustrate a lot of gamers.
For my opinion is betting on ohter good buildings like SoK is the more safe and better alternative.
If you bet on the event buildings you have to accept the usage of lot's of Dias. Than it is ok.
regards

DeletedUser

But the chance to get 5/5 is not good. So the risk is really high
I only have 5 buildings and 2 upgrades (that already counts the last reward of the questline)

but what is the risk ?
only having 7 FP, goods and 7% attack boost on 5x5?

7 FP would need 28 space with SoK. not having the other things
7% attack boost in VF needs more than 6 space (comparing to attack boost only buildings like Speakers Corner or Rotunde)
and goods and ....

so I don't have a complete level 2 set
but a set that takes 25 space where other buildings would take at least 35 space to give the same

For my opinion is betting on ohter good buildings like SoK is the more safe and better alternative.
are you kidding?

players only need to win at least 3 things (and get 2 from the questline)

that makes 5 FP on a level 1 set
for that 5 FP you MUST win 5 SoK.
but with 5 main prizes won you would have 7 FP on the set. making you need to win 7 SoK

but if you have 7 SoK you would need 28 space and not only 25
and you wouldn't have goods or attack boost with them

so no it is not better or more safe

But the chance to get 5/5 is not good
but even 5/0 is already good enough to have it

but the problem is that new players don't understand that

old players where happy with such a set in Easter Event 2017

If you bet on the event buildings you have to accept the usage of lot's of Dias.
if you want 8 SoK (equals a full level 2 set when talking about FP, but then you still don't have the goods, attack boost) you also must spend the same amount of diamonds

8 main prizes are 8 main prizes: no matter if you go for 8 set pieces or 8 SoK

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunderbummy

Marquis
With about 1 day to go, I have now spent over 30,000 florins, only selected chests with special buildings, always opted for the highest odds and still don't have a full level 1 set. Haven't even bothered with upgrades since I don't have a full set to upgrade. The published odds do not deliver.
For me, the event is a failure, as it seems to be for the majority of others. From reading this thread, conducting a poll in my guild, reading global chat and talking to many friends, I can find very few players who either like or have enjoyed this event.
Because of the diversity of human nature, it is impossible to keep everyone happy all of the time. The holy grail therefore is to keep most customers happy, most of the time. This event is the polar opposite of that. It has made most of the customers unhappy for all of the time spent playing it.
If you want customers to spend real money buying diamonds on the live servers, I suggest you make certain that the main prize elements drop a little more often. We all like to get some sort of return when spending money - this event does not give that.

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,
I make the event by testing only 100% and I'm in amateur ligue, and have to wait too many time to try to win the building and the up, of course try to have the building first, the update without the base is crazy and serve to nothing. You don't thing than in all the quest we can't have the five building?, if we play to have the up, it will be better. and when we open the chest and have more than 50% to obtain a victory tower, you take us as imbecile. Some time with the quest made, we don't have enough point to open the chest, it's crazy

DeletedUser7650

I'm finishing this ugly event : I played it daily, i spent all may tickets and florins, to win 1 piazza mask vendor, 1 piazza clock tower and 1 piazza cafe upgrade !! It is just ridiculous, i ask to myself if FOE take us as idiots.
It is the worst event i've played since the beginning of may play time.
I play on five other worlds and I already explained to the players of my different guilds this situation to dissuade them to play this event.

Sorry for my English, but i mean everyone will understand me ;)
Have a good time, KT

Julvs

Merchant
At last, event full finished. To get it I've been for days without playing, just getting florins expecting only the updates. And that is very, very boried. Inno has to think about it.

Attachments

• plaza.JPG
    plaza.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 17

DeletedUser9779

Have to agree with most on here. This is one of the worst events to date. Will not be playing on live. Even though I came into the event half way through, don't ask me on that, I can tell their is no way to get a complete set of buildings. The rewards per chest/cost is too high for the odds of getting something decent.

Mackie

Squire
Finished it as well just the update from the fountain is still missing. But I hope when I can stay in the bronze league (surprise, surprise...) then I will get it.
It's a marvellous set.

DeletedUser8859

Even being a hard fan of fantasy, science fiction and action movies, books, and games and not of the romantic genre; I prefer the Valentine's Day events that included the Tree of Love better than these Carnival events. Or the Easter event better than the Carnival one.
2013 Valentine's Day Event

2015 Valentine's Day Event
2016 Valentine's Day Event

Both Easter Event and Valentine Event where replaced by the Carnival and Spring Events combination on 2017. Spring event is very good, keep going, but Carnival Event not that much.

The Valentine's Day events just had the special Tree of Love (and upgrades) event special buildings, just add a Building Set like the Cherry Garden set or the Plazza one of the Carnival event to raise the level of rewards to the Carnival one it would replace.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

betathunderclap replied (received by the email notification):
Personally I think that once you arrive at Progressive they should change to telephone image and then in contemporary to a Cell tower/satellite tower image.

The Victory Tower is a special building first issued during the 2014 FoE Soccer Cup Event. It has a sport related theme along with the Fan Shop and Hall of Fame. Changing the image to a communications item like Telephone or Satellite Tower would change that.

DeletedUser9692

I've been checking (and so have friends) almost every 6 hours for at least the last five days for the fountain upgrade and it hasn't shown up. There's been just about every other base and upgrade twice. SoKs, Gondola Markets and other things, but not that!

AND NO MORE VICTORY TOWERS or WATCHFIRES as SPECIAL REWARDS!