• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback A New Type of Offer

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7473

Sorry but the one item I will NEVER buy with diamonds is a watchfire.

Can I make a counteroffer?
You can take back up to 41 watchfires from my inventory for adding just 25 diamonds per watchfire to my account.
If you pay for 40 watchfires at once by adding 1000 diamonds to my account you will even get to take back the 41st watchfire for FREE!
One Time Offer!

Come on, Inno!
I sell my watchfires back to you for just 25% of what you ask for it and I even give a bonus for buying 40 at once!
Such an offer must surely be irresistible.

So do not hesitate and take them all back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6015

I want to say a curse to you inno, but I'll hold on
Did you do more things that go into the inventory? With diamonds on top ?
Think about updating the old Ge's and releasing more expansions....

DeletedUser5429

• it was really time to see some new offer: the current offers are all dusty and have not offered anything new for years => good, I do encourage you to go on!
  • Watchfires! Who in his right mind would spend 100 diamonds to buy a watchfire?! => bad
  • You want people to spend diamonds? Sell them things that interest them (and that will not unbalance tremendously the game). For example champion's retreat. You can even sell a certain era's retreat (for example modern era, and if a player has not yet reached modern era, then it would be a retreat of this player's era). You want to know what interest players? Ask them, you'll get plenty of ideas! => at work, marketing department!

DeletedUser5429

Bought one, everything seems ok.
You can open and close the window.
When you click on the "buy" button, you have the confirmation for spending diamonds (to test: what if confirmation is not activated in the settings?)
When you buy it, you have the confirmation window and the watchfire appears in your inventory.

Not sure if this is intended: once you have bought one, the special offer disappears => you can buy it only once.

Suggestion on that last element if it is intended, and if it applies: have the information displayed on how many time the offer can be used (only once, twice, ... or unlimited)

DeletedUser

Currently they are one time offers. I added that to my announcement a few minutes after posting it. I apologize for any confusion caused.

DeletedUser5955

what i could buy for diamonds:
Wishng Well
fountain of youth
SoK
10 000 goods of my age for 100 diamonds or 20 000 gods of previuos age for 100 diamonds
gold: 100 000 000 for 100 diamonds

rest or other lower amounts would just be stupid to put on offer for some1 in oceanic era.

//////////
last thing - there should be ignoe option for those offers. Why? so i wont have to see that clock that goes down for 24hrs with offer i wont use at all.

DeletedUser7473

Wishng Well
fountain of youth
SoK
10 000 goods of my age for 100 diamonds or 20 000 gods of previuos age for 100 diamonds

rest or other lower amounts would just be stupid to put on offer for some1 in oceanic era.

//////////
last thing - there should be ignoe option for those offers. Why? so i wont have to see that clock that goes down for 24hrs with offer i wont use at all.

You can buy goods the normal way with 1 good for 10 diamonds (if it is a refined good from modern era and upwards) or 1 good for 5 diamonds (if it is an unrefined good from progressive era or lower).
So for 100 diamonds you get 10 refined or 20 unrefined goods.

Hence the best you can hope for would be 20 refined or 40 unrefined goods for 100 diamonds.

Expecting 10,000 or even 20,000 goods for 100 diamonds is pure greed - even if not using Inno standards.

DeletedUser

Wishng Well
fountain of youth
SoK

//////////
you forgot 10000 FP for 100 diamonds

DeletedUser7262

i like the idea and depending what is for sale i might buy here on beta with the free diamonds you give me but on the live server where i buy diamonds doubt i would use them there

DeletedUser8357

It seemed to work fine, but it would help if you listed the normal cost of the item or where it would normally be obtained, so less experienced players would know whether it was actually a good deal or not. I would never have purchased an item with that little information for that many diamonds on another server.

DeletedUser8170

Well I bought the watchfire and everything worked fine. I would suggest a button that would allow you to dismiss the offer without buying because those countdown clocks are annoying and I don't want to have to see it all the time.

Personally I will not spend any diamonds on a watchfire. I might spend diamonds on something like expansions since you guys seem to be pushing those ridiculous "sets" that take up way too much space.

I am not particularly happy with the direction this game is going, I don't mind spending some money on a game that I like but your prices for things are getting way out of control and its seems that we are not getting the good freebies like we used to that kept the game interesting. If the Summer event was any indication of where this game is going I don't think I'm interested.

My guild unanimously said "I would not pay 100 diamonds for a watchfire" and "I would not pay 100 diamonds for something I get all of the time in GE". I think if you guys offered up SOK's that might change their mind though.

WOULD LIKE A QUANTITY OPTION. We got 300 diamonds but could only buy one watchfire?? What kind of logic is that? Inno would be raking in the money if they allowed us to buy more than one.

DeletedUser7454

I have more watch-fires and ritual flames that I will ever need! So sorry -- if it is an issue take back the diamonds but I DO NOT WANT one more useless item in my inventory. Anyway the best defense against plunder is collecting on time.

Now as pushing us spend more diamonds (and thus by more diamonds) I can see people buying rouge hideouts and SoKs... the rest is not worth it. Actually on second thoughts I could imagine that people would by some extra parts of the sets if they missed getting one during the event... I know I few players who missed a piece in the last summer sets.

ZENA

Marquis
sorry but i will not spend any diamond on buying any Watch Towers.
As inno clearly do not want to upgrade thy website.

DeletedUser7942

Why all the Watchfire hate? Some people love em (from a friend over on Live)

index.php

DeletedUser7942

Will the offers come back?
How often (estimate)?
Will the same items be offered again in the future?

Tried it, bought the Watchfire, placed it, worked fine, even tried to buy another one real quick but got an internal error lol so that's good.

DeletedUser8277

Agree with everyone that I would not spend diamonds on a watchfire on live, but being though it was beta and that was the mission I did and all went fine. Confirm diamond usage prompt and all.

I think this is a genius idea on Innos part. Previously I only needed diamonds during events, I saw no purpose in having a stockpile or buying when not on sale. This creates that purpose, obviously it would need to be something worth while but buying event buildings in non event time is a great marketing ploy that I could totally see myself falling for =)