• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Favourite events 2021 so far

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
As the year gets closer to wrapping up it's first half we've enjoyed already a bunch of events. Some events share mechanics while
other events introduced new types of mechanics / minigames. While thinking about the events and looking back on them, I started
wondering: what was the favourite events for others so far and why?

Surprisingly my favourite so far has been Wild Life event. This event took the cake because it's playable through out it's entire duration.
Despite the somewhat frustrating nature of the minigame, I feel like the boosters decently resolved that issue although I still find them
heavily overpriced. The fact that we can play during it's entire duration gave it the strongest advantage.
My second favourite was archeology event. Also this event was with some caution possible to play every day little by little.
While the summer event offers one of the most appealing graphics with the pirate hideout, it's mechanics are fully luck based and very limited
making it the least enjoyable to play through.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Wildlife event is definitely my favourite, I like that it's very skill based, unlike some other events that are purely luck based.

Similarly, I also like the Archaeological and St Pat events. Arch is also quite skill based, and of course it helps having a good main building. I like St Pat because of all the different playstyles you can use. You can take it easy and just play a handful of towns, or you can play a dozen towns and go for more "daily specials".

Spring event and soccer event are also nice because of the rewards, but gameplay wise they're quite boring imo.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Wildlife event is definitely my favourite, I like that it's very skill based, unlike some other events that are purely luck based.

Similarly, I also like the Archaeological and St Pat events. Arch is also quite skill based, and of course it helps having a good main building. I like St Pat because of all the different playstyles you can use. You can take it easy and just play a handful of towns, or you can play a dozen towns and go for more "daily specials".

Spring event and soccer event are also nice because of the rewards, but gameplay wise they're quite boring imo.
I forgot about St. Peter's day but honestly it's also among my favourites. Due to it's more unique approach and
as you said it's skill based, not luck based. I really don't like luck based either. It either leaves a bitter taste of
missing out just because of bad luck and not being your fault, while with little effort with luck you get huge
amounts of rewards. This is why I kinda dislike the Summer event how it's playing out, hopefully they'll let
the new dev. who designed Wild Life develop something new and skill based for Summer event.
Autumn has also something to go for, in my opinion. The theme of baking with the fresh harvested ingredients
and tactically managing the resources. It's in my opinion also a fairly interesting event.

none

always the same stupid quests
- produce x times
- gain 50k happiness
That's also my problem with all events and why I've tried to discuss about possible solutions to move away
from the limiting quests mechanics but I'm afraid there's outside of the realm of mini games and something
like existing features but themed and modified for events fairly difficult to change in an meaningful way.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Wildlife Event and then Archaeology would be my top 2. They had more interesting prizes and a more interesting minigame.

The rest range from meh to blech. I really hate St Pat's.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Typically, any event that gives out a fully maxed building without spending diamonds would be my favorite.

Luck events I do not like very much. It would require me to get up at a time where no one else is around in order to capitalize on such.

Most definitely, I do not like the Wild Life Event as the powerups were severely overpriced and I didn't get any paws. I guess it has to do with the fact I do not like Candy Crush and would prefer Bejeweled Blitz for the pieces rearrange once "no moves" was reached so I can move again. This should have been a part of buying extra moves (or at least an option) to get better odds.

I prefer the second half of the year with Summer and Halloween Events.
  • Soccer / Football are not in the top list of my favorite sports, then events based on these just don't appeal to me. If keeping a sport related event, could Inno switch to Basketball, Baseball or others sports from time to time?
  • St Patricks Event although liked the unique mini game tends to be boring watching the boat going and returning over, and over, and over ....
  • Spring event with frog jumping over stones to cross a pond is kind of a 4 years old kids game.
So far the Archaeological event was the best of this period which follows the same structure of the recent Halloween Events; just changing the "skin" and storyline. I also liked the original Halloween events where the player had to crack the meaning of a riddle to know what to accomplish to finish the task.

Last edited:
Well with all the permanent mini games (PvP Arena, GBG, GE, Settlements) I actually like the periods of the game between the seasonal Events more now. They are a breath of fresh air and relaxation.

imho it would be most fun if the minigame itself gets more integrated with the questline instead of the eternally same quests over and over again. ofc i know this would require the minigames to be changed radically, so probably something to be considered next year, or perhaps even in 2023 instead.

imho it would be most fun if the minigame itself gets more integrated with the questline instead of the eternally same quests over and over again. ofc i know this would require the minigames to be changed radically, so probably something to be considered next year, or perhaps even in 2023 instead.

I see easier to integrate the text of the "story" being told by the Event Quest Giver with the requirements of the event quest for the day? For examples:
  • In the story the hero needs to get in a shelter for protection from a storm: Quest ask to build 2 house of the era or 3 or the previous era
  • The hero face an antagonist / enemy : Quest requires to win X battles
  • The Town prepares for the festivities: Quest Build Y decorations
  • The characters attend a party: Quest requires to increase happiness by Z
But integrate the mini game with the "story"? Unless the mini game is a mini FOE to have battles, resources (coins, supplies, goods, FPs,Tavern Silver, etc) collection or spending, production of several time length, ...,