• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Far too much premium

DeletedUser219

I'm concerned at the amount of premium things in this game - it's going to make it impossible for anyone who does not buy premium to compete. Theres several scientific dead-ends and loads of buildings that require premium diamonds - these will give a massive advantage to anyone buying premium. You can also hurry research and it looks like instantly heal troops through diamonds too. I understand Innogames need to make money however theres no way this could be described as a free game in this situation. I like the game a lot, but I don't want to be paying loads for it, and I'll have to if I want to keep up - unless premium is really cheap - by which I mean 5000 diamonds for $10 or something similar. People might disagree, but I'm just putting this out there as I feel innogames might be making a mistake by putting too much premium stuff into the game

DeletedUser199

I completely agree. In fact I'm completely against using premium as a way to play the game, 'faster and stronger' in lack of a better term, then using it as a way to make the game easier to play.

DeletedUser

I did state something like that before, HollyGh0st... I would rather pay to have an advanced overview of everything and all sorts of quick links and such, or just have a FEW Premium perks (like healing dead units to 1 health for a few diamonds or something) that don't get you ahead, but let you keep on your feet better.

DeletedUser302

I didn't realize that a player needed to keep ahead of the others. this game so far is just one where the main interaction between players is PvP battles and little skirmishes which may or may not result in resources. Also, very few buildings actually require diamonds as part of the construction costs, and the same goes for research. yes, you can hurry research with diamonds, but there is no need to since you have nothing to worry about in terms of an attack from other players. you do not 'lose' your city because you were attacked. so far the only real advantage a player gets with diamonds is being able to advance through the map, and get tech quicker. healing units with diamonds is a waste since it takes no more than 5 min for your troops to be fully healed.

DeletedUser219

I'm not sure how far through the game you are Tyrion, but I currently have research that would require 1500 diamonds to unlock (had I researched) it, 15 (around 30%) buildings that require diamonds (including many cultural, whose advantages are much greater than the non-diamond options) and my troops can take up to 4 hours to fully recover - depending on how many are injured in battle -they only seem to recover one at a time. The main thing about the military side of it though, is that you would never need to build new troops - you could simply buy back dead troops and keep trying until you won the battle. On the research front - someone could instantly research the whole tree, which is just daft!
I do, however, take your point on the lack of PvP action currently available, but I don't believe it will stay that way - quite simply it would be a total break from the usual Innogames style, and in fairness - who would play through a second time if there was no PvP action - you'd know exactly what was going to happen the second time round. I think a lot of the PvP stuff is simply deactivated in the beta at the moment.

DeletedUser302

well i've only just entered the Iron Age, and having previously looked over the tech tree the researches that require diamonds are those which grant the player expansion tiles. no where did i see any research that requires 1500 diamonds to unlock, and i also double-checked again before posting this.

as for the buildings, since i've entered the Iron Age - yes - there are some newer buildings that do apparently show up once you research a tech. this isn't the case in the Bronze Age, so i was unaware of it. i suppose that with the research there is the option to go with the standard building or the premium building. but until there is a definitive comparison between the Roofies and the Villas (for example, though the Villas are 100gp/hour while the Roofies are 72gp/hour) i think it would be premature at this point in the game's developement to say that the game is too premium based.

but i do hope that the PvP options become more expanded as well as other options for interaction with the players.

DeletedUser

how fast someone grows dosnt matter in this game very much as said above no pvp, I don't agree with there being loads of pay features, i think its pretty balanced to be honest, and even if t was loaded down with pay features, if someone has cash and they spend it there are many ways i noticed the cash could be spent recklessly, so in short a good player could still beat the rich player.

DeletedUser

It gives advantages indeed but a really active player still beats a premmy player that spends lots of dollars to this game.
And I prefer to have many premium features than a game that has to shut down because of low income :)

DeletedUser4

We take great care in creating games that are balanced and fair. Please note that the premium system is not yet completely finalized and that some issues may still be balanced. Obviously we must create some revenue to enable and host the servers and further develop the game, but we strive to do so in a fair fashion that enables competitive gameplay for premium and non premium players alike. I would like to ask you to wait and observe the premium features for another month or two and then reevaluate the situation. Remember to leave your comments in the general feedback and official feedback if you wish to express your oppinion about premium.

DeletedUser

I think its a fair amount of options that give no real advantage, players have to waste research points still to get these advantages so really they are slowing themselves down.

DeletedUser302

since seeing what becomes available after researching a tech without the use of diamonds, i am beginning to see that wait for the for buildings to become available is more attractive as a way to spend the diamonds than in instantly researching some tech. i think that the premium feature is fine how it is, and so far with the as-yet-undeveloped PvP options it works well.

DeletedUser

My opinion is that since this is beta everyone playing the beta should get diamonds. How else are we going to test the game and provide feedback. Plus once the game hits everyone I don't want to use my life's savings just to play. Although this game is good so far it is just another farmville game masked as a medieval game with in app purchases.

DeletedUser

Muf-Muf if you are directing the comment at me I am not saying that. That is the whole purpose of beta is to test things. Trust me Inno Games is making a killing on all their other game. I was beta tester for Age of Empires online, they gave us full access of everything to test. Once beta testing was over we were all booted of the server and then we had to pay for certain items.

DeletedUser302

Muf-Muf if you are directing the comment at me I am not saying that. That is the whole purpose of beta is to test things. Trust me Inno Games is making a killing on all their other game. I was beta tester for Age of Empires online, they gave us full access of everything to test. Once beta testing was over we were all booted of the server and then we had to pay for certain items.

this is not the beta test. this is an exclusive preview of the game. think of it more like the alpha of the game. there are aspects of the game which are still being worked out. images are still missing, these are not bugs, but rather the fact that the illustrations are not yet complete. techs are not yet finalized, and buildings may still be moved about. we were given 500 diamonds to get a taste of what the premium will give us, not to fully test this game. many of us have found it easy enough to play this game without the use of the diamonds. sure it would be nice to have more, but when you're only interacting with yourself and there is limited PvP capability, it's no use to have premium. wait till the actual beta is released.

DeletedUser4

My opinion is that since this is beta everyone playing the beta should get diamonds. How else are we going to test the game and provide feedback. Plus once the game hits everyone I don't want to use my life's savings just to play. Although this game is good so far it is just another farmville game masked as a medieval game with in app purchases.

I have already given a statement about diamonds. We have already released some and will announce if we release any more in the future. As for your comment about "just another farmville" I beg to differ. Some elements may be the same(click to collect), but the games are completely different.

Also remember the Premium system is not final, and changes may still be implemented.