• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2022

ArklurBeta

Baronet
As I said before (either here, or in another thread / for a different event), anyone who logs in daily, get the quests done (and these quests should be "easily" doable for new players / in new cities!), should have enough pieces to have a fully leveled event building, end of story. Maybe Inno tries to grab some extra $$$ from people spending to get a fully leveled event building, but that would be a very bad path to step on in my opinion, no need to be greedy here!

So far I believe it was always possible to get a free event building "easily", the issue started when without the "event box" it was very hard, maybe even impossible, that's why I think it was a good idea to get rid of it, so balancing events for the main building is much easier, everyone starts from "0".

+1: I wouldn't include incidents in the calculation, because they are completely random, therefore something players can't rely on. If the rewards after getting the last piece for the event building aren't that great, it's not like it's an issue if "many" can grab some extra rewards by using the extra event currency (ingredients in this case) from the incidents. And if "some" gets an extra piece for the event building, that's also not a gamebreaker.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As I said before (either here, or in another thread / for a different event), anyone who logs in daily, get the quests done (and these quests should be "easily" doable for new players / in new cities!), should have enough pieces to have a fully leveled event building, end of story. Maybe Inno tries to grab some extra $$$ from people spending to get a fully leveled event building, but that would be a very bad path to step on in my opinion, no need to be greedy here!

So far I believe it was always possible to get a free event building "easily", the issue started when without the "event box" it was very hard, maybe even impossible, that's why I think it was a good idea to get rid of it, so balancing events for the main building is much easier, everyone starts from "0".

+1: I wouldn't include incidents in the calculation, because they are completely random, therefore something players can't rely on. If the rewards after getting the last piece for the event building aren't that great, it's not like it's an issue if "many" can grab some extra rewards by using the extra event currency (ingredients in this case) from the incidents. And if "some" gets an extra piece for the event building, that's also not a gamebreaker.

It's possible if you're in the 3rd league (top 20%). You get 185 ingredients for free (before incidents) which leaves you one upgrade short without the league bonus.

In my experience getting in that 3rd league is easy in old worlds at least - pretty much everyone who uses their 185 will get it because there's many more who won't get/use all those ingredients.

The new worlds that just started might be more of a struggle because they tend to have much higher average activity as everyone needs something new.

I agree it'd be nice if it didn't involve relying on others *not* doing stuff to finish it without diamonds, but it's not a catastrophe.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
It's possible if you're in the 3rd league (top 20%)....

I was about to say it, but you said yourself, that it's still "only" 20% of the active (?) playerbase. That's still not okay in my book. If event quests are done, everyone, 100%, not 9.999 out of 10.000 but 10.000 should get the fully leveled main building, hands down. Anything else can be "extra" and Inno can decide what rewards those players get, how they want to balance it.

Just to be clear, I'm not speaking for myself, since - unless I'm mistaken - this event building is a no-no for me, but for others. It can be a very good one for newer cities or cities that are still very much in development, and of course for casual players.

Ice bear

Squire
There was 201 points need to get App League..i think in live servers will be more than 201.

And second problem for me was.....i had lot of ingredience 2-3, except apples...and all three cakes need apple, then i must spend diamonds on
two apples. Finally a get 204 points and App League. In this event depends on variaty cakes and their ingredients in some situation.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Last summer event they've made a special offer to buy extra event currency directly for real money, in the last day. Might be happening with this event too, I guess. This is still to be seen though but wouldn't be surprised. Either way it's unfortunate that Inno chooses not to fixing the balance issues with this event.
Still though I think it's possible for the f2p player base to get value out of events through dailies. Even though newer players will face a large disappointing learning curve to adapt this strategy, as the grand event buildings become just teasers for the f2p for the next year the event rolls around to complete them through daily specials.

Tempestas

Squire
I just join Beta after this event, but after hearing it's impossible to get a complete event building without spending diamonds, I'm probably not even going to try in my main world or my BA world (definitely no point there) or my diamond farms, wait that is all my worlds. I'm not totally opposed to spending diamonds to get the last level of something I really want, but this building isn't worth it to me.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I just join Beta after this event, but after hearing it's impossible to get a complete event building without spending diamonds, I'm probably not even going to try in my main world or my BA world (definitely no point there) or my diamond farms, wait that is all my worlds. I'm not totally opposed to spending diamonds to get the last level of something I really want, but this building isn't worth it to me.
Your BA world won't be able to because of missing Daily Challenges. Your others might other than if you're playing on 1 of the 1-week old worlds. The 20% league reward will complete your building and is usually reachable by just "doing everything" (because 80% of people usually won't).

The 1-week old worlds are different because there's going to be more people really trying at the very first event (and quite possibly spending). So getting into the 20% club might be more of a stretch.

Tempestas

Squire
Your BA world won't be able to because of missing Daily Challenges. Your others might other than if you're playing on 1 of the 1-week old worlds. The 20% league reward will complete your building and is usually reachable by just "doing everything" (because 80% of people usually won't).

The 1-week old worlds are different because there's going to be more people really trying at the very first event (and quite possibly spending). So getting into the 20% club might be more of a stretch.
Yes, this morning, I was reconsidering. I'll probably get all the levels in my main city, however, it's still not worth building in my main city for 34 goods fps, 12 fps and 3 units. In my BA city it is definitely not going to get finished until next year, but that is because of a standard feature of this event (needing to do Daily Challenges) so I still may not build it next year either because of its lack of attack bonus. It probably is worth building IA and up for folks who do not have a Traz. But BA world produces enough units from my Knights Pavillion's for meet a BA world needs. I won't need to build this. No point in me getting cranky over maybe not finishing it when I don't really want it in the first place.

Inno is giving the impression that they no longer plan to follow this strategy. This event was balanced to limit what "free players" could gain. It seems they're operating with that same mindset in the Halloween event. Someone pointed out that it's not actually lying if even 1 player in 10 thousand succeeds without spending diamonds. I'm sure most players interpreted Inno's promise as you describe above. It's clear that Inno did not.

Inno's interpretation is probably something like " ... it will still be possible, although to a considerably lesser degree, for a small number of lucky players to receive etc., etc. ..."

That is unfortunate. I have warned my guild that it, this event, is not worth doing except for the daily prizes. Event building is at best weak and being almost impossible to get not worth using many diamonds for.
I also warned my live guild and there's agreement that the final price just aint worth it, they're going for the dailies.

Inno is giving the impression that they no longer plan to follow this strategy. This event was balanced to limit what "free players" could gain. It seems they're operating with that same mindset in the Halloween event. Someone pointed out that it's not actually lying if even 1 player in 10 thousand succeeds without spending diamonds. I'm sure most players interpreted Inno's promise as you describe above. It's clear that Inno did not.

But maybe it is a step in the right direction, for game balancing reasons

Owl II

Emperor
This event in the living worlds ended today. The results were expected and very funny. Endgame players have gained harvest fields for diamonds and entered the high league. They'll give AD grand prize they don't need. The growing players were pushed by them into the lower leagues and will not be able to collect GP without diamonds, even if they tried very hard and were lucky with incidents.

I hope Inno wanted to get exactly this result.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This event in the living worlds ended today. The results were expected and very funny. Endgame players have gained harvest fields for diamonds and entered the high league. They'll give AD grand prize they don't need. The growing players were pushed by them into the lower leagues and will not be able to collect GP without diamonds, even if they tried very hard and were lucky with incidents.

I hope Inno wanted to get exactly this result.

All live worlds I've seen have the "20% League" within reach for someone who did everything without diamonds. It was tight though. And I suspect many people missed on the daily challenge portion at least some of the time.

Owl II

Emperor
All live worlds I've seen have the "20% League" within reach for someone who did everything without diamonds. It was tight though. And I suspect many people missed on the daily challenge portion at least some of the time.
All our worlds are coming to the finish line with 190 stars (+-) in the Apprentice League. You can get 185 stars In total (with DC) . If you didn't collect incidents, or you were unlucky with them, then you won't get the last level of building.

It's sad to read posts from players that seem to find enjoyment in the misfortunes of others. Fortunately, many of the complaints on the live forum about the Event were ungrounded. Without spending diamonds, I was able to get the fully levelled Oil Press on all 4 of my lower age cities. It was a close won thing, with only a few ingredients to spare, but the Apprentice League reward got the job done.

Emberguard

Emperor
Fortunately, many of the complaints on the live forum about the Event were ungrounded
It was a close won thing, with only a few ingredients to spare, but the Apprentice League reward got the job done.
Do keep in mind if the game requires the Apprentice League Reward to get the building fully upgraded, then that's only 20% of the playerbase who achieve the building.

If everyone played in exactly the same manner, that would still guarantee 80% of players will never receive the full building. Not because of the way they play, but because they didn't receive as many ingredients in the incidents as that aspect involves randomness

You managed to receive the building, but how many of those who didn't make it also had worse luck in currency received via incidents?

There really is only 1 way for everyone to get the full building: Have an agreement with everyone in the world. Make an agreement on how many ingredients to finish on, and no one go above that amount when spending so instead of 20%, it's everyone that lands on that number

Last edited: