• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Explore once again in the Archaeology event!

zookeepers

Marquis
It still depends because harvest set is better. If your city is full of the best of bests, this set is useless.

If you have... like terrace farms, these will be a good replacement. With full set plus some additions, you would get 40 or 50 extra attack boost keeping same fp income, for example.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I managed to get the full set on a small live city that I was playing in. And had done some head-to-head comparing with the one I got built in beta.

Tomorrow Era vs Iron Age

• The Butterfly Building (main building) at level 5 on both cities gives out the same amount of the following: +10 goods (at 2 unique buildings connected), +4 forge points (at 4 unique buildings connected), +30 goods (at 5 unique buildings connected), and +10 forge points (at 6 unique buildings connected). The only differences between the two are the following: population and happiness (base amounts due to era differences), gold (base amount due to era differences), supplies (era based at 1 unique building connected), and medals (era based at 3 unique buildings connected).

• The Wildflower Meadow (sub building) on both cities gives out the same amount of the following: +10% supply boost (at 1 unique building connected) and +10% attack for attacking armies boost (at 2 unique buildings connected). The only difference is the happiness given (era based differences).

• The Daylily Flowerbed (sub building) on both cities gives out the same amount of the following: +10% coin boost (at 1 unique building connected) and +7% defense for attacking armies boost (at 2 unique buildings connected). The only difference is the happiness given (era based differences).

• The Sapphire Arch (sub building) on both cities gives out the same amount of the following: +4 goods (at 1 unique building connected) and +4 forge points (at 2 unique buildings connected). The only difference is the amount of medals given (era based differences).

• The Magenta Arch (sub building) on both cities gives out the same amount of the following: +2 forge points (at 1 unique building connected) and +9 goods (at 2 unique buildings connected). The only difference is the amount of medals given (era based differences).

• The Marigold Patch (sub building) on both cities gives out the same amount of the following: +5% supply boost (at 1 unique building connected), +3% defense for attacking armies boost (at 2 unique buildings connected), and +3% attack for attacking armies boost (at 3 unique buildings connected). The only difference is the happiness given (era based differences).

• The Snapdragon Bloom (sub building) on both cities gives out the same amount of the following: +5% coin boost (at 1 unique building connected), +8% defense for defending armies boost (at 2 unique buildings connected), and +5% attack for attacking armies boost (at 3 unique buildings connected). The only difference is the happiness given (era based differences).

At 7x6, it's more useful than the Classical Building sets I once had in beta that I had finally mustered enough courage to remove (and, plus it was an eye sore). However, it's way useful in my Iron Age city that it gives me a boost on my FP income to actively participate in 1.9 threads (for 3-5 positions that tickled my fancy) as well as a boost to my fighting through GE while I am working on my Zeus there. The population and happiness balance does help as well (as I had removed the basic happiness buildings from my city entirely). And, goods I got a nice head start.

In conclusion, this set is beneficial for those who are starting out and wanted a boost. For me, in beta, I just want something to look at while I am relaxing from a long fighting day through FoE.

Last edited:

Finkadel

Marquis
The butterfly set as a whole is nice to casual player who wouldn't ever spend real cash and is like maybe PE at most. That is my opinion based on my newest PME city where I am limited in diamond spending by my WWs-mine cities :)

We get event with frequency 1 event per 1 month - newbies have lots of opportunities to fill up their cities even without spending cash - that is why I don't get this marketing strategy, offering mediocre rewards but often than really good rewards 4 times a year. But I guess it all sums up for Inno.

Emberguard

Emperor
Now that this is on the last day on live, is anyone building the butterfly set? I'm not a fan of set buildings and I don't trust the opinions of people on live forum LOL
My city is sufficiently developed that I’m only considering the smaller pieces for attack/goods/FPs. But I’m not sure yet where I’d actually place it so I might not

Certainly if my city was young it’d be worth placing the whole thing down.

The main reason I’m also not a fan of sets is simply figuring out efficiency compared to everything else. That being said, its biggest weakness of being broken up into parts is also its biggest strength, particularly against plunderers (too many things to plunder in a set = less plunder loss. Just plundering isn’t as common today as it used to be)

Thunderdome

Emperor
My city is sufficiently developed that I’m only considering the smaller pieces for attack/goods/FPs. But I’m not sure yet where I’d actually place it so I might not

Certainly if my city was young it’d be worth placing the whole thing down.

The main reason I’m also not a fan of sets is simply figuring out efficiency compared to everything else. That being said, its biggest weakness of being broken up into parts is also its biggest strength, particularly against plunderers (too many things to plunder in a set = less plunder loss. Just plundering isn’t as common today as it used to be)
The Classical Garden Set (the eye sore I was referring to) had a few reasons on why it had to go:

• The set itself and the extra pieces had an awkward placement in order to ensure I was getting some kind of bonus, but it was eating up real estate since I can only place certain buildings in the uneven spots.
• It was too big (mine took about 15-20 squares wide by 6 squares high) for such little benefit.

The Butterfly Sanctuary Set (with the full set of each) is only 7 squares wide by 6 squares high which in my opinion is an improvement in terms of space (I am pretty sure it will be more effective due to which additional pieces will be used from thereon). I still have 4 kits remaining but I won't use that until my city gets bigger (expansion wise). I am hoping they will make a comeback with it, either by the next event year or through the AD.

I have yet to see anyone plunder mine. Maybe it is because it is motivated, the Galata prevented them from doing so (wish it can tell me which building they tried to plunder instead of the generic "...tried to plunder your city. but their attempt was repelled thanks to your Galata Tower" event), or they simply don't care (I guess).
We get event with frequency 1 event per 1 month - newbies have lots of opportunities to fill up their cities even without spending cash - that is why I don't get this marketing strategy, offering mediocre rewards but often than really good rewards 4 times a year. But I guess it all sums up for Inno.
Hence, why we tend to have our own favorites when it comes to events, mate. If it's not for the main prize, it's for the other prizes that we desire and hoping they will make their re-appearance.

Emberguard

Emperor
I have yet to see anyone plunder mine
I meant sets in general

Originally sets had no plunder immunity beyond outproducing plunderers. Later on some pieces within a set remained plunderable while other pieces gained the “All Ages“ status and became immune to plunder (these are the pieces that auto age up, on the Wiki they’re shown as “random producing”). And more recently we’ve seen sets gain ability to be Aided,

Hadn’t looked at whether the pieces were random producing / all ages. But it’s possible anything worthwhile is simply immune

Thunderdome

Emperor
Originally sets had no plunder immunity beyond outproducing plunderers.
That is so true as I only had 2 sets in my entire game playing life (the Classical Garden set that I had already sold to the AD and the Butterfly Sanctuary set I have sitting in my city that I often watch through my tiring day). The rest that is out there, I probably didn't make it with the questing/spending to obtain it all or some other reason. Some of which I probably won't get through AD or events I had sold to the AD for the coin and gems (and to free up my inventory).

There are certain events I can say I can breeze through to the end and wind up with the max spoils (as being my favorite ones) and then there are those I won't get very far no matter how much I tried. The latter I just do for the extra stuff I can take like FP, goods, supply speed ups, store building items, and reno/one up kits until the next favorable event comes along.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Never found one golden clay tablet. Completed the calendar easily with the daily quest shards. Have more than a full set of the butterfly and doubt I'll ever place it. The daily prizes dropped rarely for me (received two level 1 sentinels and 3 upgrades). Overall was a lackluster event for me.