• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Exempt Legacy Accounts From Mobile Ads . . . on new signups get Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

teest-now

Farmer
Reason
To let InnoGames/Forge of Empires know we don't want our friends quitting the game and suggest Legacy Accounts from prior to Mobile advertising should be exempt from Advertising.
Details
InnoGames is indicating it will roll out Ads on Mobile Devices. This forum post is to give players a chance to vote up for InnoGames exempting Legacy Accounts from seeing ads . . . basically to continue on without seeing any ads as it has been from when they first signed up.
Balance
The impact this will have on other game features is nothing other than not forcing ads on Legacy players will result in greater customer retention.
Abuse Prevention
No, no possible exploits are opened by exempting Legacy players from seeing ads who signed up before mobile ads were introduced.
Summary
InnoGames/Forge of Empires should exempt Legacy players (with accounts from prior to the introduction of mobile advertising) from seeing advertising. Only new sign-ups should have advertising. Legacy players did not have ads when they signed up and began playing and so there should be some expectation and allowance for recognizing that Legacy players should not be subjected to advertising.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes.
Legacy Players should be exempt from advertising on their mobile devices. Vote Up here to let InnoGames and Forge Staff know that only new sign-ups/accounts should have ads on their mobile devices. Give an up-vote to let InnoGames know that Legacy accounts that started without advertising should be exempt from advertising on their mobile devices.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

teest-now

Farmer
The ads haven't been
and btw
this idea is on the DNSL

as it would remove the ads from some accounts :rolleyes:
The ads haven't been implemented yet, and requires no removal of features . . . its just not implementing them on Legacy accounts so those who never agreed to the ads when they signed up or invested years in playing without ads don't quit the game. So not on the DNSL list.

CrashBoom

Legend
The ads haven't been implemented yet
you are on beta
so actual it is already implemented (last change August 17th) :rolleyes:

but how could you even know:
your city in beta is in stone age and doesn't even have one building

Last edited:

teest-now

Farmer
you are on beta
so actual it is already implemented (last change August 17th) :rolleyes:

but how could you even know:
your city in beta is in stone age and doesn't even have one building
Ads aren't a game feature . . . why are you trolling this issue? Its meant to provide feedback to InnoGames. Make your vote and let others make their votes and think for themselves. If you want ads, that's your choice. this forum post is meant to give people a chance to let InnoGames know they would support Ad exemption for Legacy Accounts that began playing prior to the implementation of Mobile Ads.

CrashBoom

Legend
Its meant to provide feedback to InnoGames.
for feedback on the latest ads change please use this thread

but don't post ideas which are on the DNSL

this forum post is meant to give people a chance to let InnoGames know
only if it gets through the forum moderator which will forward it to the important people of Inno after it would get enough upvotes

but as it is DNSL that will never happen

and you still didn'post when you started to play to prove that you really play longer than me :rolleyes:

teest-now

Farmer
I play since April 2012 :rolleyes:

that was LONG before the mobile version even existed :D
Unlikely . . . what was your username during that closed beta for Forge?
for feedback on the latest ads change please use this thread

but don't post ideas which are on the DNSL
That's "feedback" . . . this post is to give people a chance to vote on InnoGames exempting Legacy Accounts from ads.

CrashBoom

Legend
Unlikely . . . what was your username during that closed beta for Forge?
actually when I started at April 26th in 2012 the game was already open :rolleyes:
and it wasn't even the beta world. but (what we now call) a live world
according to wikipedia my world=de1 started on the 19th of that month

and I saw an advertise on television which brought me to the game

Last edited:

teest-now

Farmer
actually when I started at April 26th in 2012 the game was already open :rolleyes:
(and according to wikipedia my world=de1 started on the 19th of that month)

and I saw an advertise on television which brought me to the game
yes, and that is where advertising should be targeted . . . at people who don't play the game, not at people who won't continue to play an ad filled game . . . this is just a vote offering to see if anyone wants to let InnoGames know they would support InnoGames exempting Legacy Accounts from seeing ads on mobile . . . only new sign-ups should get the ads as they would begin playing with informed consent . . . the players, like you, who began playing a long time ago have a reasonable expectation that they will not be subjected to ads on their mobile devices. This was how they began playing the game and this was their experience as they continued to play the game. There is nothing wrong with exempting the existing customer base from seeing the ads and grandfathering/grandmothering in these legacy players interests in continuing to experience the game in its ad-free state. New sign-ups will be able to make an informed choice as they try out the game if they wish to continue playing with advertising present on their mobile devices . . . the legacy players didn't get that choice. Here's a chance in this forum post for players to let InnoGames know they would appreciate InnoGames exempting Legacy Accounts from prior to introduction of mobile advertising to that advertising as those Legacy players were never informed nor had any expectation that ads would be present.

teest-now

Farmer
ads is a new way to get rewards (like the new additional castle points)

so that actually makes it a game feature :rolleyes:
I get it . . . you want ads . . . but do you want your friend of 10 years in the game to walk away because suddenly they can't pay for the extra bandwidth of the advertising? Or how about because your long-time friends don't like being bombarded with ads when they are trying to get into forge to interact with their friends? I've lost friends who left Forge because their cities were attacked every single day and plundered . . . had the rest of us been more vocal earlier on and let InnoGames know about the problem of losing friends like that, we might have had the fantastic improvements like increased Battle Boost buildings, the Galata Tower and more at a much earlier date . . . Hoping this vote will get enough support for forwarding the idea of InnoGames exempting legacy player's accounts (who signed up and have been playing since before the mobile ads started to be suggested) will be something offered to InnoGames as an idea to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.