• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Events on mobile devices?

Andi47

Overlord
Again mobile players are deprived concerning the event - in the Feedback thread for the Archeology event I have read from at least one player, who plays on the tablet most time, but also has the possibility to log in with the browser...

• why not wait with the start of an event until it is ready for launch on all platforms (Browser, Android, iOS)?
  • if this is not possible (WHY the *beep* not??), why not at least announce the event ingame for ALL players, so that players who usually use their tablets, but have a chance to play on PC don't miss out the daily rewards for the first several days? The announcement text could have a message like "dear mobile players, the event will be released soon on mobile devices - check on your PC in the meantime"
  • and now.... Version 1.50.0 is released on Android. I can now see my World Fair building when logged in on Android, but it still does not show the questgiver and the Event HUD. When will the Archeology event will be released on mobile device? With version 1.51, when the event is almost over?

DeletedUser9276

This is BETA. We are TESTING the game here, not playing (which is fun as well ;)). On live servers event will launch at exactly same time for PC and mobile.

The Google Play Store has a functionality to distribute beta (open or closed) versions of applications. Not sure about other mobile OS, but at least the Android folks could be given the option to test a beta version of the App.

Edit: Apple calls it "Test Flight", up to 10k test users. That should be sufficient for beta, or not?

Thunderdome

Emperor
This is BETA. We are TESTING the game here, not playing (which is fun as well ;)). On live servers event will launch at exactly same time for PC and mobile.
It wouldn't be a test if one cannot TEST EVERYTHING, including through the use of the app (the app could crash on said event if on live, but no way in determining since the event isn't available for the mobile version to be tested beforehand).

I am thinking, for the future, when new events come forth to be tested that the following should be annotated:

"Testing is for the browser version only. No mobile app version of this test is available."

DeletedUser10017

It wouldn't be a test if one cannot TEST EVERYTHING, including through the use of the app (the app could crash on said event if on live, but no way in determining since the event isn't available for the mobile version to be tested beforehand).

I am thinking, for the future, when new events come forth to be tested that the following should be annotated:

"Testing is for the browser version only. No mobile app version of this test is available."

I agree with your thought on the banner to inform people but in response to the idea that it wouldn’t be a test if one cannot test everything.....that is not true in most software development. We often have testing going on well before everything is ready and in some cases we never test everything as the customer was willing to take risks in some areas to focus on core concerns and stay within the project budget....typically it was the combination of severity of issue and likelihood of occurrence that led to a classification that would then be above or below the threshold for putting testing resources against it....no idea exactly what methodology is being followed by inno, but throwing this out there to add a little more context to the idea of testing

FrejaSP

Viceroy
The Google Play Store has a functionality to distribute beta (open or closed) versions of applications. Not sure about other mobile OS, but at least the Android folks could be given the option to test a beta version of the App.

Edit: Apple calls it "Test Flight", up to 10k test users. That should be sufficient for beta, or not?
It is not the same code/program lines that is needed for the mobile apps as for the browsers in both Flash and HTML5, this 2 version are different coding too.

What is tested in the Beta Events, is the balance in the event, how do people like/dislike it, are there trouble with the quests, is it possible to get all levels of the grand item, do people get to many or few of other event items etc.

Players do not always act like the designers expect them to act. That can give issues or imbalance, they did not expect. A Beta server vil allow the designers to balance/fix that before it goes live.

Inno can start testing earlier, when they don't have to wait to the event are ready for alle platforms.

I'm sure Inno do have several Alfa testers, there can test a beta client for mobile devices.

Noone force us to be beta testers, we do it to help. Inno decide what they need us to test.

Yes it is annoying but it is a Beta server, not a live server. In some games, the Beta server get reset and all you worked for are lost after a test. At least we keep our towns here, even when we not always get all levels/parts of buildings here.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
I agree with your thought on the banner to inform people but in response to the idea that it wouldn’t be a test if one cannot test everything.....that is not true in most software development. We often have testing going on well before everything is ready and in some cases we never test everything as the customer was willing to take risks in some areas to focus on core concerns and stay within the project budget....typically it was the combination of severity of issue and likelihood of occurrence that led to a classification that would then be above or below the threshold for putting testing resources against it....no idea exactly what methodology is being followed by inno, but throwing this out there to add a little more context to the idea of testing
While it's true in some aspects, however, when it comes to a global customer/player/client base, pretty much every aspect is tested. I had done Quality Assurance in the console, "old school" mobile, computer, hardware, web, software, and firmware environments throughout life. Each company is different on how they do their testing and which kinds of customers/clients/players they were trying to reach.

Take Inno, for instance. If they didn't want to have this event tested on the mobile market (live server will be too late in my opinion as it will be a case by case basis from then on out), they should not have placed the beta server on the app; but then that will create some animosity with the players who relied heavily on the app for their day to day gaming (I can't believe I am saying this since I was the type of guy who had opposed the mobile market when the PC market is being trimmed and games were being shut down; especially those I had a blast in playing) and are playing the beta server to test.

Many versions before, the event would come about 2-3 days after it hits the browser version. Four events before, it would take about 7 days since the start for it to come to the mobile app. Now, it's pretty much "when it hits live servers" as the event won't even come to beta for those who use the app.

It was suggested that the update should happen right when the event (and yes, I had paid enough attention to the loading screens on the app that reflects the different versions being loaded) is released for test on the beta server for the app. Hence why I placed that green lit suggestion for any future announcements as it seems like it will never come to beta for the mobile app. This way, they can save their asses and people can go and try to play on the browser instead.

DeletedUser9053

Would it be possible to extend the time for the event for phone users only? Remove it from the pc version , but leave on the phone.. I realize doing this would make the League calculations difficult, but the Archeology event doesn't seem to have leagues, so it wouldn't matter.