• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Event Surprise Box ... Why?

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Why, on Beta, are we now getting an Event Surprise Box for the next event? The previous box was a selection kit for the main building and I'm guessing the next one will be too. Are these eventually going to make it to live? How are we supposed to give correct feedback on events when the balancing between beta and live are going to be different (extra upgrade for Beta players)?

-Alin-

Emperor
Why, on Beta, are we now getting an Event Surprise Box for the next event? The previous box was a selection kit for the main building and I'm guessing the next one will be too. Are these eventually going to make it to live? How are we supposed to give correct feedback on events when the balancing between beta and live are going to be different (extra upgrade for Beta players)?

Boxes are on live servers too, at quest 35 on Forge Bowl you can find the same box which was here on beta.

CrashBoom

Legend
"why"
to force players to do even the worse events at least half because the next event could be aweseome and you then would regret not to have that chest
:D

when the balancing between beta and live are going to be different
yes that is a shame

on beta you must get it because you don't know what the next event will bring
on live you already know what the next event building will be

Fire Lord

Squire
I miss the historical events. They were a nice break from the regular ones.
me too. I created an awesome Gustave Eiffel event that gave people an Eiffel tower in people's cities, to add some iconic buildings that FOE couldn't do, but it never went through. I still think it would be amazing to see them add the Eiffel tower to foe, I feel like they'd do a good job with that one.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Sadly not all buildings can be recreated in Forge due to intellectuel property legalisation, the Eiffeltower among them.

Which kind of historical events would you like to see return?

I wouldn't want to see any return because, sadly those buildings are largely useless in the current state of FOE. If it don't have an attack %, it's not going in most peoples cities or staying for long.

I'd like to see new ones though. Some small 2x2 buildings with a high aiding priority. Perhaps an apple tree for Issac Newton? Or a man on a piano for Beethoven?

Owl II

Emperor
I wouldn't want to see any return because, sadly those buildings are largely useless in the current state of FOE. If it don't have an attack %, it's not going in most peoples cities or staying for long.

I'd like to see new ones though. Some small 2x2 buildings with a high aiding priority. Perhaps an apple tree for Issac Newton? Or a man on a piano for Beethoven?
These quests were good because they were done during the lunch over a coffee. They gave wonderful portraits. And all the buildings were in the same style. I wanted to build a corner of these buildings in my city. Some are not very useful. But some of them players adore. Sadly, this wonderful concept was destroyed by an AD who sells rare items right and left now;)

Last edited:
I think the main reason the historical events dissapeared was that there were so many events that people got tired. There were simply too many events and no time for "normal play" inbetween. In my opinion we are still on the border of too many events, so Inno will have to remove one or two other events to make room for the historical events.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I just skip any "luck" based events for they are total garbage.

The other events will have to depend on what was given as a top prize and its obtainability to max level with spending little to no diamonds.

Which kind of historical events would you like to see return?
It would be nice if we could at least get the ones that were originally planned but never released because the whole concept was dropped. We saw all the artwork and everything for them too. Marie Curie was one of them, Shakespeare was the second, and the third one was Wu Zetian. Buildings would likely need re-balanced for the current state of the game, since so much time has gone by. Even one or two a year to finish out the set would be very welcomed by me. That Wu Zetian avatar was pretty awesome too! All the work was done, it should be simple to release them.

These quests were good because they were done during the lunch over a coffee. They gave wonderful portraits. And all the buildings were in the same style. I wanted to build a corner of these buildings in my city. Some are not very useful. But some of them players adore. Sadly, this wonderful concept was destroyed by an AD who sells rare items right and left now;)
I never change my portrait so they're kind of useless to me, plus you can get portraits from other events now so you cant wear one and be like, "I was around for this".

Umbrathor

Baronet
It seems to me as if Inno does not see the Surprise boxes as Extra to help you improve your chances of completing the next event building, but as part of the upgrades needed to complete the next event building at all. If this is true, it means that you cannot skip an event any longer, since that will make it impossible to complete the next event building without spending diamonds. That means the Surprise boxes are a step backwards, rather than an improvement.

As for the historical questline: this is a disussion that deserves a separate thread. Could a mod please split the discussion?

Fire Lord

Squire
foe already has buildings for a few historical events, I remember them having an open-air market thingy and a couple of other buildings in Foe city planner. unfortunately, flash isn't working anymore so I can't access it to screenshot or even see the name

knycknac

Farmer
I have mentioned this many many times and nothing seems to be made of it as a great GB reward is each level gives you a 1x1 square on map this is guaranteed to be a successful GB as it will create much needed room.