• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Event Hub Feedback

Owl II

Emperor
Seeing a bug... when I first log on and cluck the event hub. this happens prnt.sc/121oww5 Ill close out of the hub and re-open, than all the words appear
This is not a bug. You got a kiosk on 24.04. Another question is why was this placed at the beginning of the event?

Goldra

Marquis
And what did you expect with that bonus?? Its just a decoration for the city.
To give a useless/ridiculous bonus only for 5 days, just for make something that we usually do.
A change that doesnt make an impact to the game, is not a change.
First, PVP tower; 2nd, guild perks; now, event hub... next foe-plus?? Seems 2021 has been a bad year for the developers.

My only comment is it feels unprofessional to both leave it sit there and not update it - given that it now does *literally* nothing. I can see newbies for the foreseeable future asking "what does that do? why is it only for 2021?"
Absolutely, yes.

Why not simply deactivate it while it's of no use at all (not that it had any in the first place...)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
instead of looking at the HUB, wouldn't you like to take an interest in the main complaints of the players?
Because here, I have the impression that you are going to spend months programming a HUB 2.0 that no one is asking for...

The monopoly for the 10 years of FOE being ready, it would suit us if you looked into the balancing of the groupings in GbG.

instead of looking at the HUB, wouldn't you like to take an interest in the main complaints of the players?
Because here, I have the impression that you are going to spend months programming a HUB 2.0 that no one is asking for...
You are bringing up a totally different topic ("main complaints"), then a made-up scenario about spending months on this feature. I don't get it. Do you just want to stay angry at all costs?

Anyways, I agree that this feature won't be missed. Never looked closely at the hub and the boosts weren't noticable in my gameplay.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Why not recycle this HUB into the shortcuts we've been asking for for years?
There are 6 piers which could give direct access to:
- PO/MO history
- history of taverns
- FP investments
- history of attacks/lootings
- 2 slots still available where we could make the distinction between the po/mo of friends, the guild and neighbors

iPenguinPat

Squire
This seemed like an idea that was doomed to fail from the start. No surprise that players were not keen on it.

I understand that the DNSL is necessary because most players are short sighted and unable to see the broad ramifications of their ideas. It's actually much harder to project how things will work out in the big picture than most people realize - even with tons of data, inno is often off the mark.

Wouldn't it make for community managers to identify insightful players for focus groups and/or surveys about new and upcoming features or ideas. Inno devs may play the game casually, but they clearly aren't playing in the most competitive ways; that makes leaves a blind spot that many players in the community would gladly lend a hand with. If nothing else, it could more quickly bring potential issues to devs before they dump a bunch of time on new features that are unlikely to be received well.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Your idea is excellent, but do you think that a few players (even carefully selected) will change things in the right direction?

Was it just me who was shocked by the outcome of SPRINT? What's the point of mass "liking" an idea that 9 months later has still not been implemented.
Was it just me who was shocked at the arena test? Retested on another community because the beta community was not listened to.
And there it has been a year since we asked Inno that the era of Jupiter is not just a simple restylized copy of previous eras. Who takes the bet with me?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Your idea is excellent, but do you think that a few players (even carefully selected) will change things in the right direction?

I believe they already have such a group (i think selected from the various volunteer mods and whatnot - possibly also some whales). We're just not always in agreement with that group as to what's good. It's likely they're a group that's very easily excited by any and all additions. Would inno want to add more critical voices to their pool?

Was it just me who was shocked by the outcome of SPRINT? What's the point of mass "liking" an idea that 9 months later has still not been implemented.

Shocked? No. Disappointed? A little. I didn't really expect everything the community liked to pass the screening test either for philosophical reasons or for practical reasons (what seems simple to us might not be simple inside). But some of the things they *did* include gave me those "who asked for THAT?" reactions. And there wasn't much to celebrate from it. Still, some of the ideas from the sprint posts have come along later.

Was it just me who was shocked at the arena test? Retested on another community because the beta community was not listened to.

That one did shock me a little. While it's not the first time they've floated something live for more data, they had clear trends, vocal reactions, etc on beta... The idea that it'd work better if they just took it to a "bigger" server (even if some are bigger, many live servers aren't that much more active than beta - so if it doesn't work here that should be taken as enough of an indication of a problem).

And there it has been a year since we asked Inno that the era of Jupiter is not just a simple restylized copy of previous eras. Who takes the bet with me?
Haha - well I never expect much when it comes to new ages. Hope, sure :) But I do expect Jupiter will look a lot like venus.

Emberguard

Emperor
Still, some of the ideas from the sprint posts have come along later.
Which was nice to see. No idea if it determined those features being looked at afterwards, but pretty good bet that the Sprint would have had some sway in that direction. If sprints like that are going to give the devs things to work on long after the sprint is over then it's certainly worth having more of them so the community can bring those things to their attention

rhenovivens

Farmer
I understand that almost everybody is happy to get rid of the hub. Nevertheless I would like to admit that I like the event pier. It is a nice building and the pavillons motivated me to participate in each event to collect them all.

I agree that the boost was not really convincing but improvements are still possible. Why not give the pier powers of its own that grow with the number of pavillons?

If the pier were removed I would miss it!

Rosiemarrie

Steward
Personally I wouldn't miss the pier at all. It's presence now it's not been updated for the latest event is frustrating. I wasn't interested in it last year, but now it's outdated as well as pointless.

iPenguinPat

Squire

So many of the suggestions that were put up lacked business/professional awareness of how Forge is setup.

Features like instant army swap or backup army would replace diamond heal all.

We spent how many months just trying to get them to move the dang button. Does anyone really think they'll spend dev time to make a paid feature significant less useful? (Yes, some players use heal all for speed and convenience, and not so much for the healing function).

Again, so many of the ideas from the sprint completely lacked awareness of big picture balance implications.

Also of note: Forge is specifically designed to keep players stuck in game doing as many dumb repetitive tasks as possible. Inno will always be slow to change anything that will reduce the amount of in game time a player must spend to complete all their daily task.

The problem with big public suggestions and groups like this also misses a lot of other challenges. Cross server gbg --- for players that care about guild rank, how does Inno balance ranking on one server when guilds are fighting cross server?

Things like removing gvg would be dumb. Too many players still love gvg. High activity players that lead guilds and are influencers in their guild, on their server, and even cross server via forums, discord, YouTube, reddit, etc. Killing gvg would be a nightmare - think how bad the heal all button made gvg players mad, and those players were still able to gvg.

Making all gvg sector landing zone.. That idea lacks and strategic/functional awareness of how competitive gvg works.

We have seen the potential technical issues with "aid all"...
Imaging peak morning hours when everyone logs on and all hit aid all.... And people thought server lag was bad before :eek:

Also, that's a core task which makes playing forge a habit (addictive). Even if it's boring and tedious, players do it out of habit. Why design a game to be wildly habit forming, then remove one of the most basic and common daily habit forming actions that **new** players do most?

And yet ideas like these had tons of public support...

Just saying, it's more complicated than players realize. A smaller private group that gets more feedback from devs (even if they have to sign nda's) would be more effective for helping vet good and bad ideas/changes.