• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Event History lag

DeletedUser7790

Reproduction Steps:
1. Connect at my account, news take between 60 and 90 seconds to show up
2. Filtered using battle events, it took about 45 seconds, no battles at all.
3. Went to de city centre and opened news again, a long wait and then flash crashes.

Issue Description (.../10):

Please include the following information:

- What you were expecting to happen :
I was expecting to filter the news using it to AVOID load 453 pages of news, which were there because you register friendship and the tavern event put this numbers at clouds. BUT the filter loses its choices and all 453 pages of nonsense came, this slows your server and slows my computer.

- What actually happened : What happened is that the tavern event exposes the need for filter news as they get huge amounts of data. My flash player crashes all the time, at times 4 times in 6 minutes, and surely this amount of news at startup doesn't help.

- Visual reference if available : none, it just showed my avatar, flash crashed.

While i was writind this post, doing nothing flash crashed again...

The tavern event on non-beta servers will have much more people doing it and the amount of news will get huge, please provide some way to not load it when the game starts, at each crash i have to wait incredible 60-90 seconds while several people added me as friend and i have to answer, its quite annoying. Another solution is only show friendship at news if asked, this news doesnt came unless i ask for them, it would be a better solution than the previous one.

Player: Ranzinzaa(136822)
World: Durnasund - Beta server.
Operating System: * Windows 10 - Flash version win 23,0,0,207
Browser Version: * Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit)
Viewport Size: *1854x990
* This information is available in the about tab in the settings menu.

Player name and world for rewards: No reward lost, just bad gameplay experience.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Using same OS, Flash version, browser version, and not experiencing any of this. Performance is the same both here and on live versions of the game. I'm running various other pages/tabs, some of which use Flash, and still it doesn't take more than a few seconds to load any FoE page, event history, etc. Plus I've not seen any Flash crash in a while.

So the question is, have you made any recent changes that may be related to it? When precisely did it start? Is such a lag and frequent crashes happening for anyone else?

RedRed

Viceroy
Beta: v1.90 contemporary
Live: v1.88 AF/P3

Loading screen: timing is almost the same (15-20 seconds);
Event History: 10 seconds on live (50 pages with filter visible), 20 seconds here (89 pages with filter visible); note that this process it seems not asynchronous, thus it blocks the loading of everything else (hence on access you have to wait 10 more seconds to load the city);
Buildings, roads, stars, prod icons: 10-15 seconds seems the same;

Info: 1.90.f29f134 (18.11.2016 8:30), RedRed (58287), zz1, en_US, WIN 23,0,0,207, Windows 7, Firefox/50.0, 1280x927, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
So the 'delay' would be caused by having a ton of events/notifications in the Event History. Which might be getting to a point where it's too long, but at the same time that delay would be to expected with all the additional data that needs loading. Might be more of something to look into and change the way it's loaded in general, as I'm not sure how much that 'delay' can be improved (though can't say for sure right now).

RedRed

Viceroy
That's what it seems to me.
Maybe can be improved making the process asynchronous (or more asynchronous) --> calculate number of pages --> load some (1,2,10,...) --> open the event history window (strictly only the first page is needed, the 2nd and the last then are the ones more easily reachable because the buttons) --> keep loading other pages in background; once opened, if user requires to jump on a page not yet loaded -> wait (loading icon) or move the required page in the top of the queue (if this is possible)

DeletedUser7790

I play FOE in two Brazilian servers simultaneously, it never delayed more than 10-15seconds, even when i added another folder at web browser with the beta server the loading time of beta server had higher times, and i begun to have crashes more frequently, but i was used to that.
Now when tavern event begun things got messy, the madness of acepting friendship, revoking it, sitting at tables, crashes got much more common and loading time of the news screen got higher until the point i made the post. Now that news amount is lower, i have all possible chairs and i use much less going to tavern, loading times lowered a lot. I am waiting about 20-30 seconds when open news by town house (game already loaded).

Stingy

Squire
I play on PC and via the iPad app version. The last few days I have regularly 'connection slowdown' with FoE only, via the app.
The app needs to load something (collecting of coins) and I experience a lot of wait before the loading has caught up - at one moment even 32 seconds.
I have a constant check running of what is connected, when connection is lost, etc. and I only experience this problem with the servers of InnoGames (NL, EN & ZZ)!
My internet connection - via cable and WiFi - is extremely stable. So there must be something wrong somewhere with the servers @ InnoGames