• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Dumb question

• Thread starter DeletedUser8910
  • Start date

DeletedUser8910

Been playing for about a year, but I just logged into the beta server - Is there a big difference between the beta game and the regular game? I also noticed the theater to watch ads for prizes is that going to replace the current treasure hunt

DeletedUser8910

Thanks - so basically it helps to figure out how to play the event in the "real world"

DeletedUser

Is there a big difference between the beta game and the regular game? I also noticed the theater to watch ads for prizes is that going to replace the current treasure hunt

Beta runs newer versions of the game than the live servers for testing, usually 1 to 2 versions ahead of the live servers. This gives our players a chance to try the latest version, and report any bugs they may find so we can work to get them resolved.

incidents was the feature that replaced treasure hunt.

Actually I think it was Daily Challenges :)

MagicMiam

Steward
Speaking of that, it feels odd that we have been having the treasure hunt on live for months after the DCs and incidents were released, and that it il still desactivated here on beta. If the decision has been made to keep it, shouldn't we have the hunt back on beta ?

DeletedUser8910

Thanks - I don't know what is going on and I will be quite blunt - these events are getting less and less player friendly and the "prizes' are basically the same as we can get in GE, the Daily challenges and incidents. I really liked the addition of the Observatory prints, the Spring event had lack luster awards and I didn't play in any of my worlds. The last events I felt were truly worth something was the fall and winter events - the prize shuffle drove me crazy but I got some really good prizes out of it. Forge Bowl was OK but the Spring event is a flop ... my 2 cents

DeletedUser8910

BTW I am trying the Spring event here - maybe I'll have better luck next time

DeletedUser8910

I may sound like I'm complaining, but I pretty much play the game straight up, very rarely buying diamonds and to me it's now more difficult for someone who doesn't throw hundreds of dollars in diamonds a month to complete the tasks. Make the quests more like the Daily Challenges, which are difficult but almost always realistic and obtainable - hope the designers see this for what it is: constructive criticism

DeletedUser8910

Another dumb question: Can we access the beta server from an android device. I hit the server and it keeps shunting me back to the "regular" game

DeletedUser8859

Another dumb question: Can we access the beta server from an android device. I hit the server and it keeps shunting me back to the "regular" game

1. Dumb questions are those never asked.
  2. Can we access the beta server from an android device?
    I hit the server and it keeps shunting me back to the "regular" game.
    • Yes, you can.
    • You need to select the server first, Beta is the "zz" server, then select world Dunarsund. Check the button with the flags.

DeletedUser8910

figured it out, thanks - also, are there other beta cities besides Durnsaround?

DeletedUser8910

what I would like to see is a Forge of Empire II - starting on Earth and colonizing the moon, then expand outwards to Mars, develop FTL (Faster Than Light) Travel and then explore nearby systems and go from there

DeletedUser8859

what I would like to see is a Forge of Empire II - starting on Earth and colonizing the moon, then expand outwards to Mars, develop FTL (Faster Than Light) Travel and then explore nearby systems and go from there

Inno has stated they are not interested in going space travel in FOE.
  • Probably in another game, not sure if FOE II or using another name.

DeletedUser9410

1. Dumb questions are those never asked.
  2. Can we access the beta server from an android device?
    I hit the server and it keeps shunting me back to the "regular" game.
    • Yes, you can.
    • You need to select the server first, Beta is the "zz" server, then select world Dunarsund. Check the button with the flags.
always tell my kids, no such thing as dumb questions, only dumb people who dont ask questions.