• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Downsizing players cieies for new expansions

BigCountry

Farmer
I am searching in this forum - but I did not find a thread where the downsizing of the view of your town will be discussed.

I see that there could new expansions be added -
But now my Pirate-Hideout is replaced more in the middle - and not anymore at the coast - what looks terrifying bad...

Also that the buildings now look so small ...

I liked my little FoE Towns - but if this new view and change will appear on the live servers - I really think about to stop with the game because of this.

This is the worst innovation in this game ever.

If there was another thread about this - please post link.

I registered specifically for this in the forum to critisize this bad bad bad new Downsizing of the towns....

(sorry for my bad english....)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
How big your city looks depends on your zoom level...

In the change, actually the landmass surrounding your city was increased, not the city downscaled - I also first thought that but did not recognize the new zoom level that was added at the same time.

That the distance to the ocean was increased is not so good for optics of maritime themed buildings - but there is not much that can be done when more expansions have to be added to the game - just start expanding to the shore again, if you want a certain look of your city

mcbluefire

Baronet
It's amazing how the landmass was increased, but somehow the beaches were kept almost the same design. I'd argue it was re-scaling, but testing the new map over the old map, no simple scaling will line-up everything again.

This has been discussed a bit in another thread. I'll see if I can find that.

mcbluefire

Baronet
@BigCountry: Original thread regarding feedback on new city size.

From what I can tell if you fully zoom in to zoom level 1 each building still has the same size as it did before and the original detail remains the same. So regardless of what they did you can zoom to level 1 and see it as big as ever or zoom to level 3 and see it as small as you were used to or zoom out to level 4 and almost fit the entire new map on your screen (here is where the buildings look smaller than ever before).

BigCountry

Farmer
In the change, actually the landmass surrounding your city was increased, not the city downscaled

I already apologized my bad english - is not easy to explain all correctly.
But you are right with your explanation - the landing around the city increased - and it looks horrible now - I would have never planned my city like this...

It is difficult to build a city anyhow esthetic and effective the same way ... but I tried ...
and then Inno comes and jumble all my plans...

Why? .... They could take other solutions - maybe by a second map on Jupitler ...
On Card of Continents you also have several maps... - why not for the city
Or they could expand the land in the front .... - but not jumbling all you have already built up

That the distance to the ocean was increased is not so good for optics of maritime themed buildings - but there is not much that can be done when more expansions have to be added to the game - just start expanding to the shore again, if you want a certain look of your city
It is not so easy to add new expansions as you should now ...

I really do not like this renewal according the landmasses... - If zoomed or not zoomed...