• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Do you play in multiple Servers / Worlds? Why?

This was asked in another Discussion thread and could be discussed in it own thread.

I have (or have had) cities in all worlds of the EN Server, plus Beta, my Main City is at EN-4 Dinegu, second most developed city is at EN-8 Houndsmoor. My reasons to have more than one city in live worlds are:
1. To have an advanced city in FOE while at the same time have all the GBs released at the game built at the city, yes that include the least loved Colosseum and Notre Dame. I know, both goals are conflicting, which makes this a harder challenge to achieve, call this my handicap. So far, I have reached the end of the Research Tree (SAAB Era), conquered all sectors / provinces up to SAAB' Continental Map, all 41 GBs released for far from Statue of Zeus to recently Galata Tower are built at the city, all available expansions, (of all types) unlocked and placed on city area, ... in short just doing RQs, until new era is released to continue. Keeping in the rank range of top 250 - 300 players at EN-4 (#276 last time I checked.)

2. To have an advanced city in FOE without the GB Collector goal, to see how high I can reach. GBs there are limited to those aligned to reach my specific goal.

3. To have Diamond Farms cities, basically to farm diamonds to be used primaril6y in the Main City and occasionally at the second one. These cities are started more geared to producing than to attacking, then as Diamonds producing buildings are obtained gradually transformed to real Diamond Farms.

4. To have a city designed for attacking and plundering, GBs there are limited to those aligned to reach my specific goal. No regular goods production buildings. Goods required are obtained by rewards from battles, plundering, quests, GBs, or from special event buildings that also provide military related rewards.

I have thought to open another city at one of the Spanish speaking server, since Spanish is my first language but not started yet.
===
Do you have other reasons to play at multiple servers or to have more than one city at one server? Please share your thoughts.

Also, to do a restart, create a city in a world just opening, feel the rush to get / stay on top on a newly formed world, go in with friends that like me have already the experience, not just a new player trying to learn how to play. Maybe to form there an extension of a guild from other world.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I had contemplated on starting on the EN server, but got 6 worlds on the US server (1 of which is on an account I thought I had lost long ago, so it's not linked to any other worlds besides Arvahall while the new account steers clear from it) and a beta server world.

Most of my "diamond farming" is done by completing higher levels of GE each week for each world. I often have enough goods (current and previous) stocked each week (often trade the mass productions of one good for others) to negotiate with. Problem was finding guilds that would open at least level 2 of GE at first, but after weeks of guild hopping, I managed to find some that would do all the way to 64 without the stressful GE requirements.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
On EN, I started playing on Arvahall almost 3 years ago, and then early on I added Parking and Rugnir just to test out farming vs. fighting vs mixed playing styles. I started playing on Beta a year later, largely to get a heads up on events, and see which ones I'll want to pursue on my main world.

I then opened up 1 world on the US server, just to test a non-Arc approach to playing.

But FoE has become too time consuming, and too repetitive after almost 3 years. So I've deleted the US world, and am thinking about (slowly) turning EN's P & R into semi-diamond farms.

I'm trying to decide if keeping the EN is worth the time, or if I should delete those 3 and just focus on Beta. For me, there is not enough variety to justify the time to be active in more that 1-2 worlds. I do want to get to at least SAAB on 1 world, after which I’ll likely quit FoE.