• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion DNSL: This section is a work in progress.

The thread containing the Do Not Suggest List (DNSL) starts with the sentence: " This section is a work in progress. " Lets discuss steps towards the progress.

To start: Could the term Item be explained? Defined more clearly?
  • DNSL: "New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game."
  • DNSL: " Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules). "
  • DNSL: " Gifting diamonds, buildings, inventory items. The developers are aware that players would like something for this. "

What exactly is an "Item"? What is not an "Item"?

Last edited:

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
An item is typically an consumable that can be used for various purposes, typically not
possible through other means in the game. This are examples of the actions such items
enable:

Upgrading an event building to current age / age up (renovation kit / one up kit)
Upgrading an special building to a higher level (cultural settlement rewards, event buildings)
Aiding an own building without the aid of other player's (self-aid kit)
Activating a temporary bonus (att/def, extra % coins/supplies)
Selection an reward, selection kit (enables choice between buildings or upgrade items or bonuses items)
Obtaining multiple rewards, Reward boxes, consumable that contains multiple rewards to reward the player for something
Speeding up regular productions for free, Rush items, another consumable that can speeding up regular coin/supply production
Storing event buildings, Store building, consumable that can putting event building of choice back to the inventory

So, in short: items that enable the player a limited number of actions, which are otherwise
typically not possible. What does not follow this trend:

Buildings
Buildings, buildings are constructed in the cities of players and offer typically the production
of various in-game resources: coins, supplies, medals, goods, fps, guild power, guild goods,
etc. Some buildings enable production options: 4/8h 1/2d for goods buildings or 6 options
from production buildings. This actions are typically possible through normal game play
and can not be considered as actions that are typically not possible without the usage of

items.
Resources
Resources: coins, supplies, medals, (guild) goods and fps. Those resources are typically
used to unlock technologies. Advancing GB levels. Enabling construction of various normal
unlocked buildings: houses, production buildings, cultural buildings and Great buildings. Some
resources can be used to purge additional items like GE attempts or for the PvP tower. The
rare resource diamonds is typically used to purges event currency. Resources are not an
item as their purpose is not enabling certain actions that are typically not possible. Their purpose
is buying stuff in the game.

Mechanics / special properties
Mechanics are not items but abilities present in some buildings. Good examples are set buildings.
This is rather an ability or property, not an item. As it is not consumable. It's also not manually
activated by the player at will. It is activated when the activation conditions are met: buildings with
the same ability are placed adjacent to each other. In the case of chain buildings, they are correctly
placed in a chain of each other. This activates their ability. This is not temporary and not an
1-time action. Thus not consumable and thus not an item but a property.
An recent example for an new mechanic is your suggestion for using some specific buildings as
road-supplements. Those would be a new mechanic and the existing buildings are proposed to obtain
a new property. That is fundamentally different than an item. Which is typically an consumable that
enables the player to perform an special action.

Hopefully this clarifies it for you.

Second sub-topic : Are all ideas proposing ways to complete a game task faster that current state in conflict with the following:
  • DNSL: Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
(Discussion on this second subtopic does not mean first one about "item" definition is closed, more points of view are welcome).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Second sub-topic : Are all ideas proposing ways to complete a game task faster that current state in conflict with the following:
  • DNSL: Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
(Discussion on this second subtopic does not mean first one about "item" definition is closed, more points of view are welcome).

If these are things where you're limited by the time they take rather than some other resource, speeding them up would fall in that category I think (i.e. aborting quests is often poorly balanced atm around how much people are actually willing to click - so the typical suggestion of "let me just skip back to the quest I want to do again" is probably just making the game easier unless they first rebalance all the quests someone might want to do indefinitely)

If they're things you do anyways to a different limiting factor then I think they qualify as QoL instead (i.e. buying FP with coins - it's not hard to do it to the point where you're limited by coins instead)

Emberguard

Emperor
(i.e. aborting quests is often poorly balanced atm around how much people are actually willing to click - so the typical suggestion of "let me just skip back to the quest I want to do again" is probably just making the game easier unless they first rebalance all the quests someone might want to do indefinitely)
Yeah. If quests were redesigned in addition to getting to the quest you want then it could potentially fall under quality of life change instead of making things easier. However then you have a different conflict of proposing a major change or potentially changing a reward depending on what exactly you propose

Noname 5.0

Steward
I don’t if this is where to discuss the unequal matchmaking for battleground.
We have a small guild and seems that we are put up against guilds that are 5 to 10 x larger than we are .
Believe me it not any fun battling for a province just to have it taken away in just a few hours.
There has to be a better way than to match a guild that is ranked 85-95 against guilds that are from 10-15 .

Emberguard

Emperor
There has to be a better way than to match a guild that is ranked 85-95 against guilds that are from 10-15 .
While I can see where you're coming from, the thing with guild sizing is not everyone in a guild participates. Of those that do participate it's not necessarily throughout the whole season or even for the parts that make a difference. So potentially you can have guilds with that size difference but the same amount of active participants through the main chunk of the season. That's what the points system is supposed to help determine: what's the capabilities of your guild

There is definitely room for improvement in the system though, and guild size is certainly one aspect that could be explored for tweaking it.

Personally I think the biggest flaw in it is how it remains the same system once you reach 1,000 League Points and just randomizes your opponents. At that point I think it needs to change how the pairing works because it no longer can differentiate between guilds if they're all the same score.

Noname 5.0

Steward
Thank You for your time I kind of suspected that you go by points instead of by rank .
Last battleground we were a rank 68 n the guilds we went up against were under 15 .
They had 61 members and we have 7 . We couldn’t do anything except take back the province in front of of our base.
This is how we have been playing battleground taking one Province the will allow us to get points only to have it taken back n leave us with 1 province that gives no points.

Extreme definitions:
  • reaching a high or the highest degree; very great
  • exceeding what is usual or reasonable; immoderate
  • excessive, exorbitant, extravagant, immoderate, and inordinate.
  • "going beyond a normal limit,"
  • furthest from the center or a given point; outermost

Noname 5.0

Steward
I purposely tanked in the diamond league so we were sent down to the platinum were we controlled the map and have over 180,000 victory points. First place is going to put us back into the diamond where we will go against guilds 5-10x our size.
This has not been a joyful place to play.
We are too good for the platinum league and not good enough to play in the diamond league with larger guild.
This is why I suggested that there be a new league for higher more advanced guilds with over 50-60 members.

I purposely tanked in the diamond league so we were sent down to the platinum were we controlled the map and have over 180,000 victory points. First place is going to put us back into the diamond where we will go against guilds 5-10x our size.
This has not been a joyful place to play.
We are too good for the platinum league and not good enough to play in the diamond league with larger guild.
This is why I suggested that there be a new league for higher more advanced guilds with over 50-60 members.
Please stay on topic. This Discussion is about the Do Not Suggest List (DNSL) not about GBG Leagues.
There are other Discussions relevant for that different subject.

Fire Lord

Squire
The DNSL is long, it has 17 bullets specifying ideas topics the developers do not want to receive, but there is room for new suggestions, ideas, proposals to submit. My intention with this Discussion is to raise the level of understanding of the DNSL and clarify some terms used in it.
Personally, none of my ideas ever get done. Too few votes, people disagreeing, etc make it so my ideas never reach the devs. If you have a suggestion, I'd just make it. The worst they can do is say no. With the way the dnsl is made, most things can be argued as DNSL.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Darrth Eugene Vader3 I think defining an item is pretty simple: something that is consumable and can be used from the inventory to receive an 1 time reward. Examples are: selection kits (choose you're 1 time reward) an upgrade (selection and upgrade kits), an temporarily boost (boosters), etc.
What is not an item is something that doesn't give an 1 time reward up on activation from the inventory. Examples are: buildings, event buildings, great buildings, expansions, avatars, achievements, etc.
An more far sought example of what isn't an item is the castle system: it is an feature that rewards for completing an task (gathering sufficient castle points). Similarly to cultural settlements in which you can receive an 1-time reward up on completing it. As both are neither in the inventory and cannot be activated at will but are rewarding up on completing their task and are accessed through their respectively buildings.

The thread containing the DNSL ends with the following sentence:
Please also use the search bar, to search for an idea that may have already been posted before you post (please do not suggest any of these ideas again) if you find one that matches your idea please add your support to it instead.
Lets discuss what makes an idea "match" or duplicate of another, vs an idea that may share similar elements with another but is different enough to not be consider an duplicate.