• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Distribution of guilds in Battleground

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Reason
There are too many imbalances between the abilities of confronting guilds within the same Battlegrounds.
Details
I am more and more convinced that grouping guilds according to the number of fights / negotiations done in previous CBGs would be more equitable within each league.
Balance
It can even resolve the level crossings by avoiding a guild which goes from platinum to diamond to end up systematically with insurmountable guilds.
Abuse Prevention
None
Summary
The PL system that was put in place to distribute guilds at the start of GBG has its limitations. It is time to refine the distribution within the same league according to the abilities of each guild for more balance.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Now that the GbGs are well established, it is time to improve the distribution within the guild leagues according to their capacities.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would be interesting if it was done by average number across all members of the guild rather than just the straight up number of fights. A good amount of guilds have just a few people with THOUSANDS of fights and negs at the end of a session with the bottom 20 at 0, the average ended up being 300 fights per person among a group of 70. Is the better guild the one where everyone shares the spoils or only a few?

I'm not sure if this would be an effective placement strategy overall though. A guild should perhaps have to manually unlock the next leauge instead of just being placed in it automatically when they reach the required points. The pool per map should be very strict even if there are only two top guilds on an entire map and 8 lesser guilds on another. Perhaps there should be another requirement, like taking X amount of sectors on the map before being able to move up a league as well? Or even just using sectors as the measuring point rather than fights/negs, they kind of equal the same thing. A-map diamond has guilds with 300+ sectors taken last session, B-map has guilds with 299-100 sectors taken, C-map has under 100 sectors taken. This may also reduce map holding.

CrashBoom

Legend
It would be interesting if it was done by average number across all members of the guild rather than just the straight up number of fights. A good amount of guilds have just a few people with THOUSANDS of fights and negs at the end of a session with the bottom 20 at 0, the average ended up being 300 fights per person among a group of 70. Is the better guild the one where everyone shares the spoils or only a few?
terrible idea

a small group of players (lets say 10) doing 50000 fights (5000 each) and add 70 dummys = 625 average (50000/80)
they then face a real 10 man guild each doing 625 average = 6250 fights

the result: a guild which made 50000 fights last season faces a guild with 6250 fights :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
Everyone says matchmaking in GBG is bad. Everyone wants to correct it, each in his own way. But who can say - for what reason? What we want to get? Tomorrow you will be given another opponent in GBG. What will change for you? What will change for your guild?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On my live server, I don't want to earn more, but for the GBGs to be more balanced.
I'm tired of one GBG being too quiet for lack of adversity and the next one being too lethal for lack of capacity.
Let me be left against guilds of my capacity, even if it means losing by strategy!
My guild is made up of about twenty active members and we don't have fun facing 2 guilds from the top 5, nor facing 3 solo guilds and 4 amorphous.

Status
Not open for further replies.