• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Did I miss an announcement?

Amdira

Baronet
Yes, the announcements are always available on the same day as the event release on beta. This is intentional.
I don't care bout the timing of he announcement, as we will know details in most times 2 hours later after start of the event anyway.
But is it also intentional to change the timer of the suprise-box just about some hours before the event starts and if yes, with which intention? To confuse or just annoy players, to make their usual preparations for the event useless? Since we are getting the surprise boxes they have been a more or less good tool to prepare for upcoming events - like waiting wih clearing tavern, aiding, collecting incidents, goods, units and so on. This is what most active players are doing to prepare for an event. So why are beta players being treated worse than those on live servers (where in most cases tthe timer of the surprise box isn't being changed some hours before)?

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Well, beta is always a bit different than the other servers. There is always a slight possibility for things to go wrong and an event having to be postponed.

I am curious as to what the preparations for an event are, though? I used to prepare a lot for events some years ago, but I don't do that anymore. The tasks are always doable, no research, no conquering on the map. The only thing you'd need to prepare might be productions or the AD, but as the quests are unknown until the event starts and there are supply rush items, I don't really see the point in preparing.

Amdira

Baronet
there are still things requested usually in event quests, you have to be prepared for a day before like aiding, clearing/visiting taverns, collecting incidents, collecting Traz for units, which will delay the rush quests for in worst case a whole day, if you have them done before u realize the event has been suddenly preponed - so it just makes no sense to me - at least at that short time base. Additional to this - believe it or not - even very active players might have some RL and just want to do the rush quests asap to go back to "normal" asap.
As most of us know the Archeology Event since some years, there won't be big technical surprises I guess which need testing at all.

Last edited:

vidicecilia

Baronet
Well, beta is always a bit different than the other servers. There is always a slight possibility for things to go wrong and an event having to be postponed.

I am curious as to what the preparations for an event are, though? I used to prepare a lot for events some years ago, but I don't do that anymore. The tasks are always doable, no research, no conquering on the map. The only thing you'd need to prepare might be productions or the AD, but as the quests are unknown until the event starts and there are supply rush items, I don't really see the point in preparing.

We prepare all the details that are useful for us to perform the missions of the event. There are a lot of preparations that must be done in these circumstances, but you don't know about them.