• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Dice vs Die

AdamRaichu

Farmer
I notice in several places in the new event, it will say "Dice" when "Die" is appropriate. Example: On hovering over the button to roll a Die, the hover message is "Click to roll a Dice between 1-6 and move around the board!". This should be Die, as Dice is the plural of Die, and you are only rolling one object.

punita

Squire
Dice is also singular and it should be posted by text-error thread,
post in bug and the choose text error

Anyone I know whether in the UK or USA say Dice. Even in Vegas they use dice at the Crap tables. And in todays English it is both singular and plural. Although because the word is of French origin it is thought that Die was used long ago as the singular version. But the use of that has long since "Died" out.

6zeva9

Baronet
Most people do not hear about this unless they have played fantasy games with dice of 4, 8, 10, 12, 20 and even 6 sides.
Even less worry about it.
If it sounds correct to the ear, what is the issue, has become the consent position.

Rosiemarrie

Steward
Die as the singular is outdated. The English language moves on and there are many cases like this were the way a word is commonly used has been officially recognised as the correct form, even if it wasn't in the past.

We can't fight it. language changes. I'm in the UK and dice is commonly used as the singular, and while I know Die used to the the singular it sounds wrong to me.