• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Desperately need room for more friends for 1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demeter7

Squire
Reason
When leveling Great Buildings in 1.9 threads, we are constantly adding and removing friends.
Details
Dropping friends results in people missing out on spots because they need to send friend requests again and again to the same people. Everyone's lists are always full, resulting in messages back and forth. It becomes very cumbersome to get a building leveled. Slowing down the process also makes the building vulnerable to sniping. This constant request/add/remove is frustrating.
Balance
Although having more friends might take more resources, it would reduce the system resources being spent on processing constant friend requests, adds and removals.
Abuse Prevention
This would not result in abuse or cheating.
Summary
More friend slots would streamline GB leveling, resulting in less frustration and missed opportunities.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I read the DSNL and found a similar suggestion that was not suggested for this same reason. This reason is a very urgent need for many of us.
We desperately need room for more friends on our friend's list. 300 would be better. When leveling Great Buildings in 1.9 threads, we are constantly adding and removing friends.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Demeter7

Squire
Sorry but I would vote no. Between Guildies and Friends, there are a possible 219 players available to take spots on your GBs. This should be more than enough to get the job done.
Not everyone is in a guild of 80 members.

Many players in multiple worlds go through the same thing. We are all daily adding and removing friends to make room for others to take 1.9 spots, or to take spots on others' GBs. Global/multi-guild 1.9 threads are very common.

Not everyone is in a guild of 80 members.
That's why I said 219 was "possible".
Many players in multiple worlds go through the same thing. We are all daily adding and removing friends to make room for others to take 1.9 spots, or to take spots on others' GBs. Global/multi-guild 1.9 threads are very common.
The global 1.9s were, in my opinion, created primarily by players with ARCs over L80 so they can profit on the investment. not so they can get their own GBs levelled. Increasing the number of friends from 140 to a higher number would be an opportunity for abuse.

Demeter7

Squire
That's why I said 219 was "possible".

The global 1.9s were, in my opinion, created primarily by players with ARCs over L80 so they can profit on the investment. not so they can get their own GBs levelled. Increasing the number of friends from 140 to a higher number would be an opportunity for abuse.
I am in multiple 1.9 threads in multiple worlds, and I have not seen that happen. Our guild joined with other guilds in my main world to give my guild members more opportunities for prints and for extra help leveling. It has been a tremendous help. Multi-guild 1.9s are an opportunity for guilds to infuse more prints into the guild that might not be available otherwise.

Last edited:

blueskydwg

Steward
FOE is all about prioritization of scarce resources. For the most part, land is the main limiting resource - but goods and fps are also included in that mix. While I had never really considered friends as a resource to be managed, now that you bring it up I see that it can be.
So I see this request as in the same category of requesting more land.
I'd say you just need to manage the friend list the same as other resources.

Emberguard

Emperor
Thing is, if you make the friend list big enough compared to the average world player pool, you may as well remove the Great Building restrictions altogether and just let anyone contribute without a connection. Then friends would be purely for Aid and keeping track of people.

too complicated

it should be possible to donate to all players of the world
Not a good idea. This would favor players with hyper-levelled ARCs and break the game. On my main world I have a L162 ARC. Limited to 140 Friends I rake in an average of 4K FPs daily from 1.9 threads. Investment returns have a linear relationship to the number of GBs that a player can invest in and the level of the investor's ARC. Remove the 140 cap and the sky's the limit.

CrashBoom

Legend
When leveling Great Buildings in 1.9 threads, we are constantly adding and removing friends.
I am just wondering:
why are you adding friends to do 1.9 ?

I am adding the players which are doing their Arc without 1.9 and have it between level 30 and 70 :cool:
but very important: check if they have many levels open. if only the current is open that is bad

and back to adding/removing friends to do 1.9
140 players too less ??
there are only 5 places in every GB.
for me that would be too much "battle" to get P1 or P2

Ironrooster

Baronet
I would say no.

One balance issue with increasing the friends list is it would increase the benefit of the Rain Forest Project and Seed Vault as well as increasing the number of coins and blueprints everyone gets from aiding.. Probably not a huge balancing issue, unless the cap on friends is really raised high.

Status
Not open for further replies.